Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

US Election Thread

Trump has always made the bullets fired at him, TBH he looks old and angry next to Harris.

The eating pets bit should have ruled him out immediately, seriously WTF who thinks thats OK.

Harris just had to turn up and not get bullied, Trump still has time to win the election lots going on in the background to scam it for Trump.
I've noticed all his talking points from the debate are being amplified. The guy is the king of dumb soundbites.
I can't even think of anything Harris said.

The eating pets thing is real. Same with their voodoo ****. When I was in the US I witnessed some of the rituals and that was going right back. The gangs in Haiti are also eating one another.

We had overseas students eating ducks out of the botanical gardens.
Melbourne chiko roll factory drain was blocked up with cat skins.

I honestly didn't think it was that big a shock.

No need to finish with a conspiracy theory though its below you.
Dude I pushed "Biden sht his pants" I've burnt my bridges.

Hey I wouldn't put it past some billionaire/corporation to try. One of them said it weeks before that wasn't really in a joking manner.

I haven't seen much information come out since it happened. How is any of this normal at this point.

I've noticed all his talking points from the debate are being amplified. The guy is the king of dumb soundbites.
I can't even think of anything Harris said.

The eating pets thing is real. Same with their voodoo ****. When I was in the US I witnessed some of the rituals and that was going right back. The gangs in Haiti are also eating one another.

We had overseas students eating ducks out of the botanical gardens.
Melbourne chiko roll factory drain was blocked up with cat skins.

I honestly didn't think it was that big a shock.

Coming from Trump it wasn't a shock, if Harris said it she would be shredded, Trump gets away with far more than anyone else such is the biais :)

Coming from Trump it wasn't a shock, if Harris said it she would be shredded, Trump gets away with far more than anyone else such is the biais :)
It's not that he gets away with it, the media tear him a new one. But they fall for the same trick over and over.

He is all over the news for saying "insert multiple dumb comments here". All these idiot Chardonnays think they are intelligent for fact checking, disseminating, or giving an opinion on why Trump is terrible.
Meanwhile he's the one getting talked about 24/7. It's actually genius.

The people that hate him most, push him the most. People are legit getting mental illness from it and don't realise they are amplifying and benefiting him the most.

People think he just stumbled into the presidency. Or kept and built on what he inherited by dumb luck. The guy is smart and cunning as a sh1thouse rat. All these geniuses talking about Trump and how bad he is saved him millions in advertising.

There is also credible evidence that Kamala wore bluetooth earpieces (the earrings) during the debate.

Dems cheat.
Seen them, but they are from the Tiffany collection, she wears a necklace from the same collection apparently.

It's not a maga hat. But democrats never do red. Especially after wearing a maga hat. Joe is obviously p1ssed to be letting this type of imagery hit the msm

So Donald Trump is Triumphant on Nov 5th and takes office in January 2025.

In week one Operation Retribution is launched to take out the thousands of people who dared oppose Trump.
Who can we expect to see fronting Military show trials, subpoenas, arbitrary arrest and dismissal for generic Crimes Against Trump ?

This article summarises the list to date from public pronouncements by Donald Trump.
Unhinged ?
Unacceptable ?
Unelectable ?

All of the above ?

Joe Biden and his family​

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg​

New York Judge Juan Merchan​

New York Attorney General Letitia James​

New York Judge Arthur Engoron​

Special Counsel Jack Smith and anyone involved in the federal Trump investigations/indictments​

Liz Cheney ( She scores a US Military public show trial ... whatever the xxxx that means)​

Other members of the House January 6 Committee​

Other Journalists and media organizations members of the House January 6 Committee​

Nonprofits and charities that support migrants​

Retired Joint Chiefs Chairman Mark Milley (He gets tried for Treason)

Federal regulatory agencies​

Employees at the National Archives​

Tens of thousands of civil servants in the federal government​

Mark Zuckerberg​

Obviously some are getting worried.
The democrats and the Democrat biased mainstream media has spent 10 years vilifying the man, freaking people out that he is a racist/nazi/threat to democracy etc etc (all of which is demonstrably untrue). TDS is real, just look at our local Trump deranged here on ASF, without even any skin of the game, not being American or able to vote in American elections.

That is assuming that these assassination attempts haven't been initiated by the democrats themselves, but that is in argument for another time.

How seriously should the US public take Donald Trump ? Is he just a blowhard who would never actually do the stuff he says ? Is it all "just Trump talk" and not to be really considered when US citizens go to the polls on Nov 5th.

This is around up of the most recent declarations.

Take the Ranting Seriously

—Andrew Egger

Donald Trump’s rhetoric has only ever really been constrained by one thing: His lizard-brain sense of what he can get away with.

As the election draws near, he seems to believe he can get away with more than ever.

Trump’s policy promises are getting wilder and his flirtation with authoritarianism more brazen. At a rally in Wisconsin Saturday, he made a new pledge to slap a “100 percent tariff” on countries that adopt reserve currencies other than the dollar: “You leave the dollar and you’re not doing business with the United States because we are going to put a 100 percent tariff on your goods.”

“We’re gonna be a tariff nation,” he went on inanely. “It’s not going to be a cost to you, it’s going to be a cost to another country.”

He keeps promising to elevate kooks. He says he’s tapped Elon Musk to run a “government efficiency” task force. He’s left open the door to a cabinet appointment for Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the anti-vax crank whose endorsement he secured last month. In Wisconsin, he extolled his plan to end the federal Department of Education and “send it back to the states so that Ron Johnson can run it.”

His diagnoses of what ails the country remain utterly untethered from reality, as with his repeated false assertions that public schools are performing transgender surgeries on minors: “Can you imagine you’re a parent and your son leaves the house and you say, ‘Jimmy, I love you so much, go have a good day at school,’ and your son comes back with a brutal operation,” he Saturday.

Most of all, though, he’s leaning into the violence. Trump, repeatedly and in open sight, is outlining two major initiatives involving large-scale, systematic arrests of groups of people.

His proposed mass deportations of millions of migrants, he warned Saturday, will be “a bloody story.” And he keeps pledging to redirect the Department of Justice against his own political enemies, calling for prominent Democrats to face “public military tribunals” and for members of the congressional committee who investigated January 6th to be indicted for treason. (For good measure, his promises to pardon January 6th rioters now explicitly include those who assaulted police during the insurrection attempt.)

On Saturday, Trump made clear that that enemies list won’t stop with national Democrats, promising “long term prison sentences” for anyone he deems to have cheated in the upcoming election in a baroque post to Truth Social:

It’s convenient, and maybe even a bit comforting, to just sidestep this as classic Trump overstatement and showmanship. But the record is very clear that his rhetoric has grown more ominous and his policies more draconian over time.

As a matter of policy, Trump is saying he intends to subjugate the Department of Justice to his own will more completely than any previous president has dreamed. Mentally, he is incapable of maintaining any category distinctions between “friends versus enemies” on the one hand and “patriots and criminals” on the other. Any ally, anybody useful, anybody willing to suck up or to just go along will be deemed a patriot, and any charge against them a witch hunt. Any enemy, anybody in the way, anybody who refuses to be an accomplice will be considered an enemy of America and a likely criminal to boot.

David Frum noted yesterday that Trump has reached a point where his rhetoric has become so unhinged that it actually plays to his favor:

It’s exhausting and bewildering to follow it all. But tuning it out is a luxury only afforded to Americans so long as Trump remains out of power.

For the media, the next few months will be a testing point, too. Will they get bogged down in the minutiae of debates over what is the right level for a tax on unrealized capital gains? Or will they be clear-eyed about the threat?

Well, I think Harris's Left hook landed when she pointed out the the Republicans knocked back a Biden-Harris Bill that would have provided more border guards, bigger powers to stop fentanyl and giving the President the right to shut the border.

It took the wind out of Trump big-time on the immigration issue.