Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Sean K Trading

Santorini still fresh in my mind. 44 years ago (1980) wife and I with friends took ferry from Piraeus (Athens port) to Santorini. It arrived about 8 hours after the scheduled departure time, by which time we had consumed a few beers. On board we asked about our cabins (friend had booked first class). We were greeted with howls of laughter. There were only the four of us in first class (seats like in a cinema). 2nd class in the open and 3rd class with the goats and chooks. No food on board, but first class had a bar counter, so I spent the night drinking Metaxa brandy and watching the Greeks disembark and embark with animals, doors and other building materials as the ferry made numerous stops. At that time Santorini was an undiscovered gem and we had a great time there. Sean K enjoy your holiday.

My largest holding is IOZ which is a de facto superannuation account and is been funded by my fortnightly superannuation account. So, it's sort of pointless and I need to have a good hard look at myself. It's dumb. I have a bad feeling that Harris is going to get in and the world is going to explode, so I think I'm going to liquidate and go into further hibernation with cash and buy something more sensible.

I have this in mind.

Or, a yacht.

Much more sensible.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 1.53.29 PM.png

My largest holding is IOZ which is a de facto superannuation account and is been funded by my fortnightly superannuation account. So, it's sort of pointless and I need to have a good hard look at myself. It's dumb. I have a bad feeling that Harris is going to get in and the world is going to explode, so I think I'm going to liquidate and go into further hibernation with cash and buy something more sensible.

I have this in mind.

Or, a yacht.

Much more sensible.

View attachment 182998
Go for it Sean.

I’ll lend you my disabled sticker so that you don’t have to put up with 20 min parking and all the other rubbish that attends having a quality motor.

gg

In transit at Dubai Airport after our original flight was cancelled out of Milan yesterday. The 10.20pm flight was delayed and delayed until eventually cancelled at 3.30am and we were transported to a hotel for the night at 5.30am. Haven't slept yet. arghhhhhh.

While I'm thinking extremely clearly I decided to sell the second half of WAF today for about a 45% gain. Held for a year or so. The reason being that it's had such a great run it seemed prudent to lock in the gains. Will reconsider if there's a decent correction because they're getting some fantastic drilling results out of Sanbrado and Kiaka. Much beeter than I expected.

Also selling because I emailed and called the company a week ago regarding the rumours of BF halting gold exports out of the country (see WAF thread). But, they haven't responded to me. That, on top of the upcoming tax changes in BF and they're carrying some additional risk I don't like.

Thanks to those in the WAF thread who pointed this stock out a couple of years ago. You know who you are.

Doubled down on SVL at 10c.

Was going to dump PDI to save some stress but have held on for now. Ave entry is 18.5c so I'm not in the toilet yet. Just very concerned about the comms and what the hell is going on in WAf at the moment. Probably should have skimmed some profit around 27c ish but I was away from the screen.

Increased holding in SVM by 50% at 66c. Ave price now 48c. I think there's a big chance it might get back to ATH 80c this year and help out my ailing 2024 tipping comp numbers, especially with RIO in the picture. RR reckons they're going to eventually take them over once the trial mining has proved up the quality of the end products. That can't be too far away. Hopefully a Black Swan on the general market doesn't crap on my plan.

Short term trade on CEL. Doubled down at 5.7c to change ave price to 8c. Relatively tight stop for me of 10% down. If it gets back to 8c I'll run for the hills.

The Gods of Doubling Down (GODD) may be with you @Sean K

View attachment 183636

gg

Finished well. Something fishy going on with this since mid Aug. I think sellers had simply dried up and nothing more. But, I'm not counting chickens with this stock. It's been a disaster. And, my ave buy price is actually higher than 8c, I was going off my new trading account numbers that don't consider when I first bought in yonks ago. I'm afraid to go to my master spreadsheet to see what my real average is.

Last edited:
Topped up some FFM at 84c. Will take it up to 10% holdings at some stage, maybe more. Some analysts reports have a $1.40 ish target on it (only noted through investor presentations - see video in FFM thread) so hopefully they're not in cahoots with the company to ramp it.

My NAB account shows that my average price on CEL is 8c, but it's actually 12c so I have some work to go to either keep picking potential troughs and peaks or just suck it up as a bad experiment and crystalize a loss at some stage.

There's no point in doing anything with SSR. That was just bad luck. I expect legal action against the company that might take it down.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 11.16.47.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 10.59.31.png

Topped up some FFM at 84c. Will take it up to 10% holdings at some stage, maybe more. Some analysts reports have a $1.40 ish target on it (only noted through investor presentations - see video in FFM thread) so hopefully they're not in cahoots with the company to ramp it.

My NAB account shows that my average price on CEL is 8c, but it's actually 12c so I have some work to go to either keep picking potential troughs and peaks or just suck it up as a bad experiment and crystalize a loss at some stage.

There's no point in doing anything with SSR. That was just bad luck. I expect legal action against the company that might take it down.

View attachment 183806

View attachment 183804
wowee

the only stock we both own is S32

while i am disappointed in S32 ( rather than distraught )

but my S32 were initially freebies given to me by BHP and added to in 2019 ( @$2.63 ) but reduced April in 2023 ( @ $4.40 )

MAYBE i will add more sub $2.50 ( which maybe sooner rather than later )

wowee

the only stock we both own is S32

while i am disappointed in S32 ( rather than distraught )

but my S32 were initially freebies given to me by BHP and added to in 2019 ( @$2.63 ) but reduced April in 2023 ( @ $4.40 )

MAYBE i will add more sub $2.50 ( which maybe sooner rather than later )

That's a miracle because I think you own the XAO.

nah .. only about 200 to 250 stocks and only a few are micro caps ( although some were small/mid caps. when i bought them )

i noticed my PAN holding disappeared i guess that means it has gone beyond hope as well
200 - 250 o_O whats your average holding value (dont need to answer if its to personal, all on the ASX?). I dont know how you stay on top of all the releases, earnings and news. Must be a headache!

200 - 250 o_O whats your average holding value (dont need to answer if its to personal, all on the ASX?). I dont know how you stay on top of all the releases, earnings and news. Must be a headache!
average .... hmmm

the lastest single holding is currently over $30k and the lowest are whole cents ( less than $1)

many are 'bottom drawer ' drawer stocks

aka the investment cash has been retrieved ( sometimes several times over ) and i am still up more than 6 times , so they just sit there are ( often pay me some divs and franking credits ) the reverse is true on others the cash has been burnt , and the losses are over 90% uncrystallized .. so since the sale of those will not cover the brokerage .. i let them rot

remember i am retired and several stocks are barely worth a glance ( like CCE ) other releases mesh up with other holdings ( say the stocks SOL invests in ) i also hold several LICs so they give their insights into investments

and by the way i prefer to invest long term so $10 either way on BHP or MQG doesn't get me excited

i am more interested on where a company is headed rather than what they did last year

the BIG trap is to remember to factor REAL inflation into those price gains ( up 20% over 10 years isn't so impressive , unless they have demerged stuff all the way )

all that stuff you worry about IS important to YOU , you are young and still learning/growing your strategy , so don't let me talk you out of what is working for YOU

my strategy is mostly long term , but i take sensible opportunities on the way

Do you consider @Sean K PMGOLD a long term hold if it slowly appreciates or a sell if it goes ballistic ?

I've bought and sold PMGOLD and my most recent average buyin on my holdings is about the same as yours but a bit diluted by a recent large buy being hammered by the $AUD gain. My intention is not to sell anytime before I cark it.

gg