Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Sean K Trading

I've noticed that the speculative end of the PM company list have hardly moved since gold and silver broke out and started to run. I have a feeling that the generalist market has just woken up and we might see juniors run on nothing more than fluff. I've seen it happen before, particularly in the 2005-8 period when penny stock iron ore companies went ballistic on a few posts by YT, who some of you may remember.

So, over the next couple of days I'm going to review some of the microcaps in the PM space and see what might be an opportunity to cash in on the insanity that occurs when a particular sector gets frothy.

Although the GDXJ is catching up to POG, the minnows are still languishing, and FOMO mania hasn't really happened yet, so the timing might be right.

So, over the next couple of days I'm going to review some of the microcaps in the PM space .....

Interesting, I started looking at them this afternoon - it am starting with those under $50 mil MC and with relatively few shares on issue as a start. I am assuming that there is little point looking at the small caps with a billion shares as it will take something significant to result in meaningful share price rise.
Only one so far - OSM but it has already started to run with their recent announcement and looks like a breakout a couple of days ago. Will post it later.

I've noticed that the speculative end of the PM company list have hardly moved since gold and silver broke out and started to run. I have a feeling that the generalist market has just woken up and we might see juniors run on nothing more than fluff. I've seen it happen before, particularly in the 2005-8 period when penny stock iron ore companies went ballistic on a few posts by YT, who some of you may remember.

So, over the next couple of days I'm going to review some of the microcaps in the PM space and see what might be an opportunity to cash in on the insanity that occurs when a particular sector gets frothy.

Although the GDXJ is catching up to POG, the minnows are still languishing, and FOMO mania hasn't really happened yet, so the timing might be right.
Interesting, I started looking at them this afternoon - it am starting with those under $50 mil MC and with relatively few shares on issue as a start. I am assuming that there is little point looking at the small caps with a billion shares as it will take something significant to result in meaningful share price rise.
Only one so far - OSM but it has already started to run with their recent announcement and looks like a breakout a couple of days ago. Will post it later.
This a bit uncanny. I have started doing the same. That is a very good point re < 1 billion shares @Country Lad .

gg

Random thought on my short term SVL trade

While I'm thinking that gold minnows are going to go bananas if the gold price moves a bit more, silver will as well, but it's under cover.

I think I've got enough ETPMAG and SVL but I don't know another way of playing silver unless I use my international account, which I rarely do. I don't follow US and Canadian listed stocks and I'm not using CFDs.

I think this break up could mean that the silver genie is out of the bottle.

Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 10.11.53.png

People are panicking. They're buying PMs hand over hoof. Looks like FOMO. It's almost frothy.

As always, calling something like this is fraught with danger, so, I'll probably have this bite me.

I've been calling for a consolidation for weeks, or months, for the PM trade to be a sustainable move without a subsequent crash. It's just not healthy. I backed up the train on PMs two years ago, so I could just exit now and be happy. But.

Minnows like SVL, with a strategic project in the wings that only needs a power plan annex that I could write, is ripe.

Do not underestimate what higher silver prices will do to the approval process of a power plan. Even Pilbo would approve it in her own electorate due to the taxes she will be able to use on her wardrobe. It might even get her into the Lodge after Albo moves to the coast in June 25.

I am reconsidering my proposed sell order at 14c on SVL depending on what happens with the market reaction to the silver break.

As always, calling an opportunity is going to mean this crashes to 8c on Monday and I will be broke.

Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 10.37.27.png

Random thought on my short term SVL trade

While I'm thinking that gold minnows are going to go bananas if the gold price moves a bit more, silver will as well, but it's under cover.

I think I've got enough ETPMAG and SVL but I don't know another way of playing silver unless I use my international account, which I rarely do. I don't follow US and Canadian listed stocks and I'm not using CFDs.

I think this break up could mean that the silver genie is out of the bottle.

View attachment 186202

People are panicking. They're buying PMs hand over hoof. Looks like FOMO. It's almost frothy.

As always, calling something like this is fraught with danger, so, I'll probably have this bite me.

I've been calling for a consolidation for weeks, or months, for the PM trade to be a sustainable move without a subsequent crash. It's just not healthy. I backed up the train on PMs two years ago, so I could just exit now and be happy. But.

Minnows like SVL, with a strategic project in the wings that only needs a power plan annex that I could write, is ripe.

Do not underestimate what higher silver prices will do to the approval process of a power plan. Even Pilbo would approve it in her own electorate due to the taxes she will be able to use on her wardrobe. It might even get her into the Lodge after Albo moves to the coast in June 25.

I am reconsidering my proposed sell order at 14c on SVL depending on what happens with the market reaction to the silver break.

As always, calling an opportunity is going to mean this crashes to 8c on Monday and I will be broke.

View attachment 186203
It is indeed difficult to know what do do re Silver. All the experts insist demand is through the roof industrially and that supply, even if new very large mines were to open tomorrow, would take years to catch up.

It is a screaming buy and has been this year but this is not reflected in all stocks. Jewellery has dropped a bit with the cutback in retail spending in China but is mooted to return to prior levels. Perhaps the screaming rise of semiconductor stocks has kept interest away from PM mining and once that sector plateaus mining will take off.

Perhaps sticking with the metal itself is the way to go.

gg

But wait, there's more. Contenders are/were:
ASL - missed it this morning
OBM
OSM - manged to get it on open
USL - manged to get it on open
Waiting for triggers on these:
AVJ - a a close bove 38
BSA - a close of 110 or higher
FFm - a close of 110 or higher
POL - at close of 44 and looks like one for this afternoon
TOE - a close of 29+ and looks like today's update will do that
WIa - another for this afternoon.

Better get a few orders ready

I was looking for some specs to buy this week and nothing jumped out at me. Might have been put off by a potential correction in the PM prices. We've only had a small one but expected some more follow through. Still might come.

One anomaly was PMGOLD continuing to go up against the tide. Very unusual.

Expecting a bit of a correction on the DXY and with Nth Korean troops spotted in Ukraine and Israel plotting some mayhem against Iran I think gold could still be supported short term, even though it's gone parabolic the past couple of months and running away from the 50 dma.

But, having an itchy finger I bought a few more PMGOLD at $41.01 ish which takes it up to 11.9% holdings, ave buy now $33.05.

Just to explain my DXY theory, it's come up against some resistance and has ran very hard to this point. Might be enough for it to keep running but odds are it takes a pause. It's actually just gone through and only come back a bit so I'm probably going to be wrong on this one.

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 15.39.11.png

Weekly update with comments and spread below. Using up cash incrementally, but still over 60%.

Need to work out how to do a progression graph of the % gain/loss. Due to lots of buys/sells and cash being used discretionarily (not sure if that's a word) it sort of can't work.

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 16.30.04.png

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 16.23.12.png