Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

Ladder is like F'kn WOW.

Sharks , Rabbits, Cowboys, Eels 12th to 15th.

Broncs, Worriers top 2. ????????
Good evening
Watching the Cowboys v Sharks game.
Cowboys not doing very well at all down 38 to 6, with 10 or so minutes to go 2nd half. If the tide don't change very very soon, the Cowboys season all over red rover... currently 15th...

Round nine.
@UMike we are missing the same teams in the 8 !!!! Plenty rounds left.... 18 rounds to go. Good hey?

UMike:
1. Sydney Roosters - 9th
2 Melbourne Storm
3 Cronulla Sharks
Penrith Panthers
5 North Queensland Cowboys - 15th
6 South Sydney Rabbitohs
7 Brisbane Broncos

8 Eels - 13th

rcw1:
1) Cowboys
2) Panthers
3) Rabbitohs

4) Roosters
5) Storm
6) Eels
7) Sea Eagles
8) Sharks

NRL Ladder as at 27/04/23 prior to Cowboys v Sharks game ending
1 Broncos
2 Sea Eagles
3 Panthers
4 Rabbitohs
5 Sharks
6 Storm
7 Warriors
8 Dolphins

Wayne Bennetts, 900th NRL game as coach tomorrow when the Dolphins play the Sharks. A truly remarkable feat with still more games to come.
Raiders v Bulldogs game on now. Don't think the Raiders are going to have it all their own way..

Have a very nice weekend.

Kind regards
rcw1

Best half of rugby league by the Cowboys for the year ... they lead the Roosters 6 to nil...

Completely different team to the crap they have dished out ... previously this year, long way to go against the roosters but rcw1 was indeed impressed. Makes for great second half by both teams.

Kind regards
rcw1

May 7, 2023 - 4:22PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom:

Brisbane football boss Ben Ikin has quit the Broncos.

News Corp can reveal Ikin is leaving the Broncos with Brisbane’s head of football on the verge of formally inking a deal to be chief executive of the Queensland Rugby League. The Broncos are aware of the QRL move and will confirm his departure on Sunday night.
As revealed by News Corp last week, Ikin had secretly applied for the QRL CEO post and was the front-runner to secure the coveted role.
Now Ikin’s move to the QRL is a done deal. The bombshell development will see Ikin running rugby league in Queensland - and leave Kevin Walters’ Broncos without a head of football midway through this season.

But Ikin will depart Red Hill with the Broncos at the top of the NRL ladder and back in the finals hunt for the first time since 2019.
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Broncos and certainly learned a lot,” Ikin said. “I leave here knowing the football program is in better shape than when I arrived. “There are a lot of good people at the Broncos doing great work, and I know that ultimate success for the club is getting much closer.”

Donaghy said Ikin played a key role in Brisbane’s turnaround. “Ben has made a valuable contribution to our club since he arrived in mid-2021,” he said. “The football program and playing roster needed an overhaul, and Ben very diligently worked with other key staff to knock both into shape, and our results this year reflect those efforts. “We thank Ben for his contribution and wish him all the best for the future.”

Just three months ago, Ikin ruled himself out of the race to replace departing QRL boss Rohan Sawyer, saying at the time: “I’m committed to helping ‘Kev’ (coach Walters) get the Broncos firing again. But Ikin had a change of heart and is the new head honcho of the QRL.
It is understood the QRL whittled down a list of 70 applicants and Ikin, a former QRL board member, reached the final four, who underwent formal interviews from Wednesday. QRL chairman Bruce Hatcher declined to discuss specific names last week, but confirmed the organisation is on the verge of finalising Sawyer’s successor. “We hope to have a CEO very soon,” Hatcher said.
“We will interview the four candidates and then it has to be ratified by the full board. “I would expect that to happen in the next week that we will know where we are at with our new CEO.”

Ikin declined to comment when contacted by News Corp, but Broncos hierarchy are aware of his shortlisting for the QRL CEO’s job and his possible departure from the glamour club. The 46-year-old has stayed under the radar in the battle for the QRL post, mindful of missing out on the Broncos CEO’s role after being shortlisted to replace Paul White at Red Hill almost three years ago.
Ikin was instead appointed Brisbane’s head of football in June 2021, but has endured a turbulent tenure at Red Hill.
Broncos bosses held urgent talks last September to improve lines of communication between Ikin and coach Walters amid revelations of tensions between the pair. Ikin’s return to Red Hill was hailed as a game-changing appointment for the club as the Broncos ramped up plans to deliver their first premiership since 2006. But the head of football felt increasingly marginalised last season following a communication breakdown with Walters, his halves partner in Brisbane’s 2000 NRL premiership win.
At the core of the issue was Walters’ desire to control the football department as head coach – and how much input Ikin was keen to have in the running of Brisbane’s NRL program. The pair also clashed over some team-selection matters.
Walters insisted he had no insurmountable issue with Ikin and has worked closely with his football boss this season, underpinning Brisbane’s sizzling 7-2 start to lead the NRL competition entering Magic Round.

But Ikin is entering his final weeks as a Broncos employee.
Ikin will be given a mandate to steer Queensland into a bold new era - starting with another Origin series victory NSW this season.
“We are looking for a football person,” Hatcher said of the QRL’s next CEO. “Whoever gets the job will have to notify us of their notice period. “The contingency plan was no rush, no panic. We have Rob Moore as interim CEO and he is a very safe pair of hands. He has done the job before and he is available until the end of August, so the successful candidate would have to give between a month and three months’ notice. “Our role in the game is from the grassroots to sub-elite, which is the Hostplus Cup, and the contribution those teams make to the NRL is significant. “We have to do our job in the business of rugby league so there’s no doubt we are after some good football leadership from our new CEO.”
The loss of Ikin is a major blow for the Broncos.

A veteran of 17 Origin games for Queensland as a player, Ikin is regarded as one of the code’s sharpest minds and has worked closely with Brisbane Academy chief Simon Scanlan to bring through the next wave of Broncos stars.
Ikin was also instrumental in the signing of Penrith premiership forward Kurt Capewell, who has brought a harder edge to the Broncos under Walters.
Ikin believes Brisbane are well positioned to break their 17-year title drought and Sawyer is adamant Walters’ Broncos football chief would be the perfect fit as QRL chief executive. “Ben would do a wonderful job,” ex-QRL boss Sawyer said in February. “I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Ben when he was a director. “He is a super intelligent guy who not only understands the game of rugby league but understands business. “If I was running the search, he is someone I would have on my list and want to have a talk to because he is one of the better administrators out there that I have worked with.”

Well then:

1) Big Wayney's Dolphins did a job on the Sharkies beating them 36 points to 16 in a magnificent display to salute Big Wayney's 900th NRL game as a coach. On debut, Valynce Te Whare, reckon Bennett has a future star, dubbed “Val Meninga”, (wish they hadn't to big an ask that one) having said this one game don't mean nothing. However, do like what rcw1 witnessed, Redcliffe will make the top eight!!! reckon anyways;

2) Queensland team number two, the Cowboys... ; after last week's low against the Sharks, took out the unremarkable Roosters, 20 points to 6;

3) Queensland team number three, the Broncos smashed the Sea Eagles on Friday evening;

4) Queensland team number four, Titans, play Parra soon this evening (07/05/23) - can it be four outta four?????? A clean sweep in Magic Round at Suncorp... Hmmmmm how good would that be, if you are a Queenslander. Speaking of which SoO very soon ? ? ?

Have a good week.

kind regards
rcw1

Well then:

1) Big Wayney's Dolphins did a job on the Sharkies beating them 36 points to 16 in a magnificent display to salute Big Wayney's 900th NRL game as a coach. On debut, Valynce Te Whare, reckon Bennett has a future star, dubbed “Val Meninga”, (wish they hadn't to big an ask that one) having said this one game don't mean nothing. However, do like what rcw1 witnessed, Redcliffe will make the top eight!!! reckon anyways;

2) Queensland team number two, the Cowboys... ; after last week's low against the Sharks, took out the unremarkable Roosters, 20 points to 6;

3) Queensland team number three, the Broncos smashed the Sea Eagles on Friday evening;

4) Queensland team number four, Titans, play Parra soon this evening (07/05/23) - can it be four outta four?????? A clean sweep in Magic Round at Suncorp... Hmmmmm how good would that be, if you are a Queenslander. Speaking of which SoO very soon ? ? ?

Have a good week.

kind regards
rcw1
Made me look.
They got it.
5th QLD - Storm Failed

Bookies have Queensland at $2.25 head-to-head for the first State of Origin to be played in Adelaide on 31 May. rcw1 will take them odds any day of the week and some... madness ... bookies dreaming.

Let us all offer gentle thoughts as RCW recovers from getting flogged 66-18?
Hello macca,
Haven't watched all the game yet, don't think rcw1 will... ):
Just got home from the track and some social activities, was having a pretty good day up until that game.

No amount of alcohol could have prepared rcw1 for that scoreline.

rcw1 certainly in mourning... ha ha ha ha ha

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening
Braith Anasta, NRL 360 dealt with the Paul Kent issue in one sentence. Had the same charges been laid against a NRL player/coach the show would have spent half an hour on it and some with follow ups.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Kind regards
rcw1

Not that that is right though.
These Morons should just enjoy the game and leave the off field crap outta it.

I Got the SOO bug again!!!!!

I Got the SOO bug again!!!!!
good stuff UMike. Was just trying to see how rcw1 can get to Adelaide and back north ....
Where there is a will there is a way.

Might actually get there... yet

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening
Latrell Mitchell is out. Calf muscle.
Bookies took the axe to the Qld odds, reducing from $2.25 to $2 with Sports Bet and $2.05 with TAB. rcw1 couldn't be that silly with one account ha ha ha ha Anyways both platforms have the Blues at $1.80 from $1.67 .... ha ha ha ha Bookies hedging their bets ha ha ha ha

Gotta say, blues strip this year is abit ordinary. Dunno why NSW gotta mess with their jersey. Sky Blue is the one.... not dark blue.
Not a NSW fan so what would rcw1 know?

1685356290230.png

Gopd evening
Poor ol St George Illawarra:

Earlier this morning, Dragons CEO Ryan Webb confirmed Ryles was among the candidates being interviewed for the head coach position following the sacking of Anthony Griffin. "There are a number [of coaches] we are talking to but Jason is definitely in the mix. We'll continue multiple talks and he is right in there," Webb said.

Just hours later it emerged that Ryles had walked away from the negotiating table in favour of returning to the club where he finished his playing career. "Not only will Jason add further depth to our coaching ranks, but he will play an important role working with our pathways, academies, and junior representative programs in the coming years," Melbourne CEO Justin Rodski said.

Then it became known that the Dragons major sponsor for donkey's years, St George Bank, said the bank's partnership with the club will end.

Not good. Some tough times ahead.

Go the Maroons.

Kind regarrds
rcw1

Q U E E N S L A N D E R

Kar ching

oh how good was that down to 12 men and did the job for state and the jersey you bloody beauty

Kind regards
rcw1