Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

Nelson Asofa-Solomona will get suspended and miss the GF. A huge loss for the Storm. Who will Bellamy promote into the front row??? There are afew options, but reckon, for mine, Christian Welch is man to do the job.

Thoughts?

EDIT: word change

Kind regards
rcw1

Quite a few bench players are worthy.

Hate to say at least if he gets suspended we (the Storm) don't have to worry about a bull**** send off on Sunday.

Really ordinary that the game has gone so WOKE.

Quite a few bench players are worthy.

Hate to say at least if he gets suspended we (the Storm) don't have to worry about a bull**** send off on Sunday.

Really ordinary that the game has gone so WOKE.
I find it ridiculous and extremely unfair when a players slips over and as he falls his head hits the opposing player.

It used to be an accident, now it is a penalty to the dill that slipped over, total crap :mad:

We now have a situation whereby if it is a close scoring game, with a few minutes to go, a player can deliberately slip over and slide into the opposition right in front of the sticks, get a penalty and win the game by falling over

Fuggen bull dust.

8.36pm Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been found guilty of a Grade 3 Careless High Tackle and will miss the grand final.

Inside Madge’s First Day As A Bronco​

Michael Maguire won a premiership with South Sydney in 2014. Souths fortunes tumbled and Maguire was terminated in 2017 with 2 years left to run on his contract. Madge joined the West Tigers for the 2019 season and struggled to have an impact on the cellar dwellers and was sacked in 2022. He coached NSW this year to a series win in the State of Origin, however he had a 50/50 chance there. I think his time at the Broncos will not end well.

Inside Madge’s First Day As A Bronco​

Michael Maguire won a premiership with South Sydney in 2014. Souths fortunes tumbled and Maguire was terminated in 2017 with 2 years left to run on his contract. Madge joined the West Tigers for the 2019 season and struggled to have an impact on the cellar dwellers and was sacked in 2022. He coached NSW this year to a series win in the State of Origin, however he had a 50/50 chance there. I think his time at the Broncos will not end well.
yeah the lad certainly will have his work cut out for him. interesting mix here, if the Broncos commence the season losing, like for example in rounds one, two and three ... he will feel the pressure like never before.

rcw1 watchs in anticipation on how he can turn a team of champions into a champion team with the likes of the Broncos former players sitting in the bleachers awatching... a everything...

Been a coach's cemetery has the Broncos coaching gig been

Kind regards
rcw1

yeah the lad certainly will have his work cut out for him. interesting mix here, if the Broncos commence the season losing, like for example in rounds one, two and three ... he will feel the pressure like never before.

rcw1 watchs in anticipation on how he can turn a team of champions into a champion team with the likes of the Broncos former players sitting in the bleachers awatching... a everything...

Been a coach's cemetery has the Broncos coaching gig been

Kind regards
rcw1
He is a very different style of coach than Kevvie, he was quite tough on them at Souths, they were a very disciplined team

He will have quite a few egos to massage and that is not his forte so it might all fall apart if he loses the senior players support

He is a very different style of coach than Kevvie, he was quite tough on them at Souths, they were a very disciplined team

He will have quite a few egos to massage and that is not his forte so it might all fall apart if he loses the senior players support
just watching the Dally M ... having afew beers...

Madge needs to win ... then there will be crickets and the focus will turn very quickly to some other club languishing at the bottom of the table as the coach and team circle the wagons....

Kind regards
rcw1

Olivia Kernick (Roosters) 2024 NRLW Dally M Medallist
Jahrome Hughes (Storm) 2024 NRL Dally M Medallist

Both award recipient's cliff hangers ...
Great talent on show both in the NRLW and NRL.

Kind regards
rcw1

My tip for the Grand Final is the Melbourne Storm. Minor premiers with more strike power than the Penrith Panthers. Really like Ryan Papenhuyzen, the guy has true grit coming back from severe concussions, smashed knee cap and multiple broken legs.

My tip for the Grand Final is the Melbourne Storm. Minor premiers with more strike power than the Penrith Panthers. Really like Ryan Papenhuyzen, the guy has true grit coming back from severe concussions, smashed knee cap and multiple broken legs.

Good morning Macquack
Yep 👍 Rcw1 has coin on the Storm winning the last dance.

Bookies at minute have the Storm at $1.85 head to head and Panthers are at 2 bucks neat.

Note reported yesterday (05/10/24) that work horse Scott Sorensen is fit to play for Penrith.

A great day ahead

Kind regards
rcw1

Great game Norths Devils v Newtown jets in the State Championship.
Down to the wire … Devils won 20 Jets 18 … first time in 9 or so years a Qld club has won this one.

What a terrific game of footy to start grand final day proper

Bring it on

Kind regards
rcw1

Great GF going to the sheds at 1/2 time Penrith 10 Melbourne 6
Panthers lions share of the ball.

Anyone’s game if Storm can get more ball and use it more in Penriths territory

Good the referee letting em play by leaving his whistle in pocket
Let hope that continues in the 2nd half

Kind regards
rcw1

Yep, great GF, I enjoyed the closeness of the game, it so often happens that a team jumps 12-18 points in front and the edginess goes missing.

I was surprised that Melbourne did not take the gimme 2 points from that penalty late in the game.

8 points is a Big lift to the leaders and a big problem for the chasers, if they had taken 2 it gives them a lift and causes Penrith to think that if they miss one tackle and Melbourne scores it could be all tied up

When they were interviewing the players after the game I was thinking that we could almost pick the Kangaroos using all Penrith players or explayers.

It would be a good team and they would blend together well, no interstate rivalries

How good was the Panthers defence in the 2nd half, backs to the wall held Melbourne out from scoring.

Good afternoon IFocus
Certainly. the better team won on the day, no doubt there whatsoever, only I wonder what difference if any the Storms go forward would have been should Nelson Asofa-Solomona played. Stifling defense throughout the 8 minutes by Penrith certainly helped their cause. Thought also the attacking methodologies employed by Penrith were second to none.

Not sure Melbourne had the firepower (grand final intensity) in the pack with Nelson on the sidelines. They sure missed the lad. Would have enjoyed the game more should he was on the paddock.

Anyways, that's footy, Penrith's win was a beauty. Mental and physical ability to win four in row is outstanding in rugby league (salary cap era), let alone in any other sport.

Have a very nice day, today.

kind regards
rcw1