Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

Tickets become available on Monday. First in best dressed.
There may not be many tickets available for non-club members and the public will have some difficulty obtaining tickets. The club membership stands at a bit over 20,000. The stadium holds 25,000. Full members have priority to 8 tickets before they go on sale to the public.

I don’t know how many have been allocated to Eels members but regardless, there won’t be many tickets left for the general public.

I thought I heard them say last night that Townsville had sold out already, perhaps they meant tonights game
Hey macca tickets Cowboys v Eels come on line 1pm Monday AEST

Have a very nice Sunday

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening
Rabbits defeat the Sharks quite convincingly 38 points to 12, so play the Panthers in the other prelim final on Saturday night.

Kind regards
rcw1

Bronco imploding (well rcw1 word), according to News Corp today. Walters v Ikin feud... Always going to happen, unless won into the final series. Funny how fickle big clubs can be. For mine they gotta sort out who is going to wield 'significantly more power'... going around P I 5 5 I N G on trees behind the scenes ain't going to work, a precarious position to be in.

Coach v Head of Football positions. Interesting how this one unfolds should the rumours an innuendos be true.

Any Broncos lovers on the ground in Brisvagus like comment please, would welcome some banter.

Have a very nice Sunday.

Kind regards
rcw1

Bronco imploding (well rcw1 word), according to News Corp today. Walters v Ikin feud... Always going to happen, unless won into the final series. Funny how fickle big clubs can be. For mine they gotta sort out who is going to wield 'significantly more power'... going around P I 5 5 I N G on trees behind the scenes ain't going to work, a precarious position to be in.

Coach v Head of Football positions. Interesting how this one unfolds should the rumours an innuendos be true.

Any Broncos lovers on the ground in Brisvagus like comment please, would welcome some banter.

Have a very nice Sunday.

Kind regards
rcw1
I could not understand why Ben Ikin left a cushy job hosting NRL 360 to have a crack at the rough and tumble of Rugby League administration.

The recently retired commentator Peter Sterling had it right when he had no aspirations to coach. Commentators have it too easy. They are full of opinions but if their judgements are wrong, there are no consequences.

Hey macca tickets Cowboys v Eels come on line 1pm Monday AEST

Have a very nice Sunday

Kind regards

I could not understand why Ben Ikin left a cushy job hosting NRL 360 to have a crack at the rough and tumble of Rugby League administration.

The recently retired commentator Peter Sterling had it right when he had no aspirations to coach. Commentators have it too easy. They are full of opinions but if their judgements are wrong, there are no consequences.
Good evening Macquack,
Yeah getting sick and tired of 360 on Fox Sport. Same old same old. Red alert all the time. Probably better when it was one day a week a few years ago. Was surprised when Ben jumped ship across to the Broncos. Always liked the way he carried himself when he compared 360. Somewhat realistic and genuine in his approach. Sterlo certainly had the right idea.

Had to laugh:
WILLIE Mason attacked Brent Read on his podcast. He didn’t like Ready’s comments about the fiery Roosters v Rabbitohs game last Sunday and his suggestion players needed to take responsibility for ill-discipline . Mason fired up: “Spoken like a true f---en journo who has never strapped on a boot and never been out there. He’d make a f---en good ref, Brent Read.” ha ha ha ha ha ha

Kind regards
rcw1

Good afternoon

rcw1 getting excited ...

rcw1 in Townsville and its nearly time.... approx 2 and 1/2 hours till kick off. Might head into the stadium area very soon, relax and enjoy a couple of XXXX at the Ross Island Hotel (hello Garpal Gumnut) have a feed then hobble up to the stadium and soak up the atmosphere...
Parramatta will be hard to beat.

Go the Cowboys :)

Kind regards
rcw1

Stadium filling up nicely
1663925064529.jpeg

Eels 24 beat Cowboys 20 in front of Full house 25 372 screaming fans in Townsville. One hell of a game.
Rugby League alive and well.

All the best to Eels fans in the grand final.

Go the Rabbits in tomorrows battle against the Panthers.

Wouldn’t be dead for quids

Have a very nice weekend.

Kind regards
rcw1

A good game to watch.

Parramatta's first try was a blatant forward pass, but they did enough to deserve the victory.

Tomorrow night's other semi should be a cracker too.

I'm with you rcw1 - life is good! And go the Swans for the AFL GF!

Been reported today (02/10/22), Ray Price has been diagnosed with Dementia. He joins Steve Mortimer and Mario Fenech who have already disclosed that they have this medical condition. Three great rugby league players in the 80's. One to many head knocks. The perils of playing when suffering concussion.

rcw1 had in the past. Thinking back how silly that was. Young and bullet proof. Things were different in those past eras of where player health and safety and welfare was nowhere near the contemporary standard. HIA is a good thing. NRL Clubs need to be bashed with extremely high fines when and if they abuse the HIA system. Seen it already.

On a good thing, brace yourselves, NRL grand final, and it won't be like that ariel ping pong grand final slaughter.... ha ha ha ha ha.
Penrith v Paramatta who has not won a grand final since them glory days in the 80's, 1986 was the last time they won the 'big dance'. Penrith on the other hand are looking for back to back premierships. They have been the form side in 2022 and should win the game. However Parra have given the Penrith team plenty to think about during the round robin clashes this year. Interesting dynamics ... rcw1 awaits in anticipation. Don't personally like either club but NRL grand final days are religiously watched every year with mates, family and the dog... Plus of course a box of XXXX.

Have a great day.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening,
Dominate grand final display by Penrith. Probably one of most dominate displays rcw1 has seen for as long as can remember. That first half display by Penrith, was near perfect rugby league.
28 to 12 score line, with couple consolation tries to Parra last 5 or so minutes.

Well done Penrith.

Kind regards
rcw1

Rugby League World Cup Squads

Interestingly, James Tedesco captains the Kangaroos with Isaah Yeo and Cameron Murray as his Vice-Captains.
No leadership role for Queenslander and Captain of the victorious Maroons, Daly Cherry-Evans?
Something in that one. Maybe Big Mel (Queensland great) and two dads (Cherry-Evans) don't see eye to eye. Goes back a way...
Maybe Mel just making way for the new blood or maybe he wants to play Nathan Cleary as the half back.

KANGAROOS WORLD CUP SQUAD
Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs) 2 Tests
Matt Burton* (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels) 5 Tests
Patrick Carrigan* (Brisbane Broncos)
Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles) 15 Tests
Nathan Cleary* (Penrith Panthers)
Lindsay Collins* (Sydney Roosters)
Reuben Cotter* (North Queensland Cowboys)
Angus Crichton* (Sydney Roosters)
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui* (Gold Coast Titans)
Campbell Graham* (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Harry Grant* (Melbourne Storm)
Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys) 13 Tests
Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons) 7 Tests
Liam Martin* (Penrith Panthers)
Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs) 4 Tests
Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm) 4 Tests
Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs) – Vice-Captain, 1 Test
Jeremiah Nanai* (North Queensland Cowboys)
Murray Taulagi* (North Queensland Cowboys)
James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters) - Captain, 4 Tests
Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles) 7 Tests
Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders) 2 Tests
Isaah Yeo* (Penrith Panthers) - Vice-Captain
Standby players
Dylan Edwards
Nicho Hynes
Damien Cook
*Denotes Kangaroos debutant

JILLAROOS WORLD CUP SQUAD

Tarryn Aiken* (Brisbane Broncos)Kezie Apps (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Millie Boyle (Newcastle Knights)
Samantha Bremner (Sydney Roosters)
Ali Brigginshaw (Brisbane Broncos)
Lauren Brown* (Gold Coast Titans)
Jaime Chapman* (Brisbane Broncos)
Kennedy Cherrington* (Parramatta Eels)
Shenae Ciesiolka* (Brisbane Broncos)
Yasmin Clydsdale* (Newcastle Knights)
Keeley Davis (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Taliah Fuimaono* (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Tallisha Harden (Brisbane Broncos)
Caitlan Johnston* (Newcastle Knights)
Keilee Joseph* (Sydney Roosters)
Isabelle Kelly (Sydney Roosters)
Olivia Kernick* (Sydney Roosters)
Shannon Mato* (Gold Coast Titans)
Evania Pelite* (Gold Coast Titans)
Julia Robinson (Brisbane Broncos)
Jessica Sergis (Sydney Roosters)
Simaima Taufa (Parramatta Eels)
Tamika Upton* (Newcastle Knights)
Holli Wheeler (St George Illawarra Dragons)
*Denotes Jillaroos debutant (edited)

Maybe Mel just making way for the new blood or maybe he wants to play Nathan Cleary as the half back.
Well I'm a Sea Eagles supporter and I have no problem admitting that Cleary is a better half back than Cherry Evans.

Well I'm a Sea Eagles supporter and I have no problem admitting that Cleary is a better half back than Cherry Evans.
Hello Ferret,
In the 2022 State of Origin (SoO) arena he wasn't. The lad would have learnt from that series. Unfortunately fpr Qld, will be better for it in the SoO 2023. Cleary also plays in a super team, full of superstars, clearly above any other NRL team.
Two dads, on the other hand, not sure how much time he has left in the game and Manly hurting in many ways.

rcw1 thoughts anyways.

I see Munster has resigned with the Storm, Big Wayney and Redcliffe missed out, understand Wayne Bennett ain't a happy chappy, with Munster removed from his Christmas Card list ha ha ha ha ha

Have a great weekend.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good afternoon
Been reported, Manly have made the decision to sack coach Des Hasler. Lawyers are drawing up the termination paperwork today, after which, Anthony Seibold will be installed as Manly’s next coach. It is expected Hasler will pursue legal action against his former club.

Thought there might be more time between drinks after the mess Seibold left at the Broncos. Guessing Anthony will be allot smarter and wiser this time around.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good morning
Rugby League World Cup update:
Australia beat Fiji 42 points to 8 on Sunday. No surprises there.
Another round one game of interest for mine was Tonga defeating PNG 24 to 18.

Australia play Scotland 4.30am this Saturday.

2021 Rugby League World Cup groups​

• Group A
    • England, France, Greece, Samoa
    • Group B
    • Australia, Fiji, Italy, Scotland
    • Group C
    • Ireland, Jamaica, Lebanon, New Zealand
    • Group D
    • Cook Islands, Papua New Guinea, Wales, Tonga
Draw and results can be found here:

Sympathies to the family of Liam Hampson (Redcliffe Queensland Cup player) who tragically passed away.
Reports that Hampson, had not been seen for 30 hours after disappearing while partying with a group of NRL players on Tuesday night in Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona police this morning confirmed that a body believed to be Hampson’s was found on the floor of a nightclub.

According to Spanish media outlets, the police force’s hypothesis is that Hampson accidentally fell when partying from a height of 10 metres at the Sala Apolo nightclub. Another young life unexpectedly and tragically taken. Believe he was 24 year old.

Kind regards
rcw1