Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

cannot remember a greater upset in NRL, PreNRL rugby league history than this one... Redcliffe Dolphins 28 Sydney Roosters 18. Wayne Bennett and Kristian Woolf ... well well well .... could be a partnership made in heaven. Early days but and anything could happen, but what a great start to their inaugural season. Kaufusi and the Bromwich boys, take a bow...

Tedesco media interview straight after the game... he wasn't all that gracious towards Redcliffe. Maybe not too impressed with his team, like to think anyways... still pumped...

Kind regards
rcw1

I have always thought that Wayne Bennett was over rated as a coach, most of his wins were with the Broncos when they had most of the Australian team going around every week.

I could have trained them to win a few premierships

BUT I think this is Wayne Bennetts greatest win ever, to get a new team ready to win against the Roosters is amazing.

I have always thought that Wayne Bennett was over rated as a coach, most of his wins were with the Broncos when they had most of the Australian team going around every week.

I could have trained them to win a few premierships

BUT I think this is Wayne Bennetts greatest win ever, to get a new team ready to win against the Roosters is amazing.
Good evening macca
A Wayne Bennett remarkable feat too was when he coached the Maroons to an upset 2-1 series win over New South Wales in 2020.
rcw1 was luckily at the 3rd SoO in BrisVagus and watched with series winning game.

Probably another Big Wayne’s forgotten feats goes back to 1985 in the Brisbane Winfield Cup Grand Final against a Wally Lewis led star studded Wynnum Manly team. Wally’s team flogged Wayne Bennetts Souths in the 1984 GF, but come another year later Bennett got his sweet revenge. rcw1 was fortunate to be at both these grand finals.

Probably also his NRL Saint George Illawarra Dragons v Sydney Roosters Grand final victory in 2010 was a pretty special having left the Broncos to coach St George Illawarra.

Plenty water flowed under the bridge since them days …
I await with utmost interest as to what awaits Redcliffe in 2023.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening orr
Roy and HG, irreverent parody of Australia's obsession with sport …

Who would ever forget ha ha ha ha

Still laughing.

Have a very nice week end.

Kind regards
rcw1
I'm more of the mind that through what ever means avalible limiting unnecessary brain damage is a good thing.

Roy Slaven ....'If you can't be smart be punchy '

OK Storm will drop a fair way.

Forwards are under par at best.
Hi UMike, yeah, disappointing weren't they, outplayed on all fronts, and the Dogs... fair dinkum... they certainly wanted it.

Redcliffe beat Canberra, they are the toast of the peninsular ha ha ha ha ha; walking on water they are...

Panthers went back to their game plan and pulled off a good win against the Rabbits.

Sharkies did enough to beat the Eels

Roosters beat the warriors in sydney.

The Titans got rolled convincingly by the Dragons

The West Tigers lost again, in a tight one by the Knights. Poor ol Ponga, another concussion. Hopefully he changes some tackling technique so as to reduce risk of a head knock. Reckon he was knocked out before he hit the ground, sickening.

The Cowboys fell back down to earth with a thud beaten in the second half by a barnstorming Broncos.

Round three this week
Thursday, Sea Eagles v Eels
Friday, Knights v Dolphins; Roosters v Rabbits
Saturday, Titans V Storm; Cowboys v Warriors (rcw1 will be at this game in Townsville); Broncos v Dragons
Sunday, Dogs v Wests Tigers *Game of the round for mine; Raiders v Sharks

Have a very nice week.

Kind regards
rcw1

So then who out there has an opinion on who is going to win the 2023 NRL GF???

rcw1 will go first:
The Cowboys
Why? one eyed supporter ha ha ha ha
Real reasons: 1). another year after being eliminated in the prelim final the players will be much the wiser as to what it takes to win a NRL flag. 2) Their spine will be better for another year on together 3). Managed to keep the 2022 squad largely intact 4). What a Leader - Chad Townsend and 5) What a coach - Todd Payten.

Player to look out for:
A no name … from what rcw1 has witnessed the kid do on a footy paddock, has ability and the ball in his court as to what will happen next. rcw1 rates Tom Chester. Interesting ? if Payten gives Chester opportunity after blooding him in the 17 last year.
Good evening,
Read the Cowboys team list for the Saturdays match against the Warriors. Really good to see Tom Chester in the 13, playing full back. Watch him play if you think of it.

Luv to see the young local blokes given an opportunity, thats what the Cowboys were originally set up for, to provide that pathway to footy players living and playing in the northern parts of Queensland. Happy are those that wait and then do whatever it takes to succeed, respect that. Anyways, see what the lad does on the weekend, hope he goes okay. Opportunities like this don't come round too often.

Kind regards
rcw1

Bookies have the Sea Eagles at $1.76 favourites to win, head to head. The Eels are at $2.07.
Good bet from mine is Parramatta. Game of the round, arguably.

Coin on the Eels should be a cracker of a game. Full strength teams.

Kind regards
rcw1

Bookies have the Sea Eagles at $1.76 favourites to win, head to head. The Eels are at $2.07.
Good bet from mine is Parramatta. Game of the round, arguably.

Coin on the Eels should be a cracker of a game. Full strength teams.

Kind regards
rcw1
naaaaaaaaaaa Roosters v Rabbits game take the prize ,,,, and the Dolphins... 3 outta 3. They play the Broncos next Friday at Suncorp. Be a battle and ahalf that one ha ha h aha Wonder if Brisbane will roll out the red carpet for big wayney ha ha ha ha
Have a very nice weekend

Kind regards
rcw1

So then the Cowboys thought all they had to do was turn up at Qld Country Bank Stadium their home patch and win ….
That was not the case. Well done to the Warriors they turned up to play.

So did the Titans they beat the Storm the day.

Kind regards
rcw1

Felise Kaufusi 4 weeks - gotta be kidding !!! The NRL judiciary system gives rcw1 the shits, dead set does my head in ...

Player to look out for:
A no name … from what rcw1 has witnessed the kid do on a footy paddock, has ability and the ball in his court as to what will happen next. rcw1 rates Tom Chester. Interesting ? if Payten gives Chester opportunity after blooding him in the 17 last year.
Good evening
Well what an excellent start to the NRL competition... Round six this weekend.

Storm v Roosters (Gotta be a special game this little beauty);
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs;
Cowboys v Dolphins;
Panthers v Sea Eagles;
Broncos v Raiders;
Titan v Dragons;
Knights v Warriors; and
West Tigers v Eels.

Tom Chester a young player rcw1 identified at the commencement of the season as someone who has what it takes to play NRL, has just played his 3rd game in the number one jersey in a row. Thought he did extremely well and more than held his own in such a crucial position, but with Drinkwater coming back into the side, makes one wonder what will happen with Chester.

Maybe Jake Granville, whom rcw1 respects as a player and decent human being, may well not make the 17, this week, with Chester sitting on the bench in his place, maybe.

Onwards and upwards.

Kind regards
rcw1

Ladder is like F'kn WOW.

Sharks , Rabbits, Cowboys, Eels 12th to 15th.

Broncs, Worriers top 2. ????????

Good evening
At the cowboys v dolphins game in a hot and humid Townsville.

So Hess gets 10 in the sin bin.

Isaako scores 3 tries in 1st half. Dolphins scored 5 tries (26) to Cowboys 2 tries (12) dominating as the teams head to the sheds at half time.
Nikorima get 10 in bin just before half time.

Cowboys still in this one.

Kind regards
Rcw1

Kind regards
rcw1

Dolphins v Rabbitohs tonight, kick off very soon, should be a cracker of a game.
Bookies have the Rabbits short priced favourites head to head at $1.29, big Waynes men are at $3.60 9 great value...

Kind regards
rcw1

Rabbitohs v Panthers game tonight (20/04/23) red hot. Great win for the Rabbits winning 20 points to 18. Been while that the Rabbits have knocked off Penrrith.

Kind regards
rcw1

what a come back ...

Redcliffe down 26 nil ... with 10 to go 2nd half redcliffe 24 titans 26

wow ...

what a fantastic game Redcliffe won 28 to 26... unbelievable such heart and determination. Big Wayney factor ....
Titans just didn't show up in the 2nd half...

Kind regards
rcw1