Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mr. Trump (The Donald) To Win in 2024

I think that the world is already in enough turmoil and think that a Trump presidency will add to it. However, a weak USA is bad for all the worlds democracies, and at the moment we have a weak US presidency. Trump will definitely increase world turmoil, but maybe his presidency can overcome the issues and bring back normality. Growing up in the 80's I saw all the negative press towards Reagan and Thatcher, but in reality, they gave us world prosperity and a relatively peaceful history.

I don't like Trump, but I believe that voters eventually make the correct calls.

Thanks for posting that haven't really followed Trump's policies a couple of problematic ones there but the real issue will be his attack on intuitions how far that will go?

I think that the world is already in enough turmoil and think that a Trump presidency will add to it. However, a weak USA is bad for all the worlds democracies, and at the moment we have a weak US presidency. Trump will definitely increase world turmoil, but maybe his presidency can overcome the issues and bring back normality. Growing up in the 80's I saw all the negative press towards Reagan and Thatcher, but in reality, they gave us world prosperity and a relatively peaceful history.

I don't like Trump, but I believe that voters eventually make the correct calls.

That's how democracies are meant to work, the people make their choices and that's it.
Generally I find Governments lose elections, oppositions don't win them, the public being disenchanted with whoever is in causes the change.

That's how democracies are meant to work, the people make their choices and that's it.
Generally I find Governments lose elections, oppositions don't win them, the public being disenchanted with whoever is in causes the change.
Serves to illustrate that, in general, the political class has no idea how to serve a community. If they did they would never lose an election.

Serves to illustrate that, in general, the political class has no idea how to serve a community. If they did they would never lose an election.
Explains Trumps loss.
Getting another crack at it though.

Another below the belt blow from the dirty tricks left.
Omg, this dipsy attention seeking crone has actually succeeded and is basking in the approval of the left.
23 years ago, no f'g witnesses, and she has exploited the white male misandrist trend for years, e.g writing that men should be reduced to their chemical elements and converted into something more useful (by men in industry presumably).
After seeing her interviewed on sympathetic CNN I didn't think the idiot stood a chance of being viewed as credible. Big money and political capital in attacking powerful rich white men.

Last edited:
Trump's successful sexual assault and defamation accuser E. Jean Carroll.
Deals with her interviews well before this verdict.
So the biggest part of the penalty is for him defaming her.

Interesting article in Reuters, some serious money gets spent by candidates in the U.S.

Jan 26 (Reuters) - From Wall Street to Silicon Valley, wealthy donors have thrown tens of millions of dollars at Republican U.S. presidential candidate Nikki Haley in an effort to keep Donald Trump from returning to the White House.
They have learned a hard lesson: Big money cannot win the Republican presidential nomination, at least not against Trump, who holds the support of a wide majority of the party's voters.
Pro-Haley forces outspent the main outside group supporting the former president's candidacy by more than two to one over the past year, according to a Reuters analysis of campaign finance disclosures filed with the Federal Election Commission.
The SFA Fund Inc, the main pro-Haley super PAC, has so far reported spending more than $70 million backing her run over the last year, and a super PAC affiliated with billionaire Charles Koch reported spending around $40 million to support Haley or oppose Trump.
In contrast, the main pro-Trump super PAC, known as MAGA Inc, reported spending about $50 million over the same period.
Despite that, Trump romped to two strong wins, first in Iowa on Jan. 15, and then on Tuesday in New Hampshire.
While Haley has vowed to carry on, Trump has driven all of his other rivals out of the race and has all but clinched the Republican nomination to face Democratic incumbent Joe Biden in the November general election.
In interviews with around a dozen donors and strategists who opposed Trump, a feeling of powerlessness seeped through.
"Trump has a base that basically is impenetrable. I don't think money was the issue at all," said metal magnate Andy Sabin.
Still, the apparent failure of anti-Trump Republicans to stop him highlights his popularity with his supporters, many of who dismiss the multiple criminal prosecutions he faces as politically motivated. Trump says he is innocent of all the charges.
The disempowering of wealthy donors is yet another way that Trump, who is financially fueled by small contributions, has fundamentally remade the Republican Party.
"The idea that any single entity can take checks and spend hundreds of millions of dollars to impact a presidential campaign is just not a 21st-century reality," said Ed McMullen, a top fundraiser for Trump, and his former ambassador to Switzerland.
Trump's financial model was sparking imitators, McMullen said. "I'm finding more candidates who are starting to focus more on a broader donor base than a singular high-dollar donor base."

Interesting article in Reuters, some serious money gets spent by candidates in the U.S.

Jan 26 (Reuters) - From Wall Street to Silicon Valley, wealthy donors have thrown tens of millions of dollars at Republican U.S. presidential candidate Nikki Haley in an effort to keep Donald Trump from returning to the White House.
They have learned a hard lesson: Big money cannot win the Republican presidential nomination, at least not against Trump, who holds the support of a wide majority of the party's voters.
Pro-Haley forces outspent the main outside group supporting the former president's candidacy by more than two to one over the past year, according to a Reuters analysis of campaign finance disclosures filed with the Federal Election Commission.
The SFA Fund Inc, the main pro-Haley super PAC, has so far reported spending more than $70 million backing her run over the last year, and a super PAC affiliated with billionaire Charles Koch reported spending around $40 million to support Haley or oppose Trump.
In contrast, the main pro-Trump super PAC, known as MAGA Inc, reported spending about $50 million over the same period.
Despite that, Trump romped to two strong wins, first in Iowa on Jan. 15, and then on Tuesday in New Hampshire.
While Haley has vowed to carry on, Trump has driven all of his other rivals out of the race and has all but clinched the Republican nomination to face Democratic incumbent Joe Biden in the November general election.
In interviews with around a dozen donors and strategists who opposed Trump, a feeling of powerlessness seeped through.
"Trump has a base that basically is impenetrable. I don't think money was the issue at all," said metal magnate Andy Sabin.
Still, the apparent failure of anti-Trump Republicans to stop him highlights his popularity with his supporters, many of who dismiss the multiple criminal prosecutions he faces as politically motivated. Trump says he is innocent of all the charges.
The disempowering of wealthy donors is yet another way that Trump, who is financially fueled by small contributions, has fundamentally remade the Republican Party.
"The idea that any single entity can take checks and spend hundreds of millions of dollars to impact a presidential campaign is just not a 21st-century reality," said Ed McMullen, a top fundraiser for Trump, and his former ambassador to Switzerland.
Trump's financial model was sparking imitators, McMullen said. "I'm finding more candidates who are starting to focus more on a broader donor base than a singular high-dollar donor base."
He hates competition, threatening any donor to her with complete blacklisting .

Trump then says that anyone who makes a contribution to Haley "...from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them."

Trump then says that anyone who makes a contribution to Haley "...from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them."

Good move. They're all democrats anyway.

Trump in power will be all about him and retribution scary stuff.

Trump in power will be all about him and retribution scary stuff.

Too true. No previous Republican contender has ever made threats to rival supporter bases in USA history.

Haley has already lost two of her main backers.

Sounds like Kev has been caught out again "shooting from the lip", obviously he has realised Ambassador is a good gig. :roflmao:

He's branded Donald Trump 'nuts' and labelled him the 'most destructive president in history'.

But former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, now Australia's US ambassador, is desperately trying to build bridges with Trump's team ahead of the ex-President's possible re-election in November.

Mr Rudd reportedly told a Davos forum last week that there was 'some danger of overstating the degree of damage' Mr Trump caused during his presidency.

Sounds like Kev has been caught out again "shooting from the lip", obviously he has realised Ambassador is a good gig. :roflmao:

He's branded Donald Trump 'nuts' and labelled him the 'most destructive president in history'.

But former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, now Australia's US ambassador, is desperately trying to build bridges with Trump's team ahead of the ex-President's possible re-election in November.

Mr Rudd reportedly told a Davos forum last week that there was 'some danger of overstating the degree of damage' Mr Trump caused during his presidency.
So Kevin thinks Trump is going to win ;)

Well the wife and I don't follow it, but by the fanatical efforts to stop allowing Trump to go to the vote, it would indicate everyone already knows that he will win convincingly.:rolleyes:
If I were Trump, and assuming he wins, I would make it very clear to the Australian government that it would be impossible to have normal friendly relationships while Rudd is the ambassador.