Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mr. Trump (The Donald) To Win in 2024

In the first half of 2023 alone, Trump’s Save America PAC spent $23 million on attorneys and legal costs, according to the Associated Press. Groups in Trump’s political and fundraising network have reported using about $130 million in funds raised from donors to pay lawyers and cover legal bills since he first ran for president in 2016.

WOW this is interesting.

Washington: Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky called on the US to provide more funding to help his forces counter Russia, and invited former US president Donald Trump to fly in to see the scale of the conflict for himself.
Zelensky said American soldiers could eventually be pulled into a greater European conflict with Russia if Washington did not step up support.

I saw an interview with Trump overnight our time via the NYT, and he comes across as confident with leadership nous. He is spinning his dirty real estate dealings as being an impingement of his freedom of speech rights.

And he spins it well.

Biden is falling fast in the polls v Trump so given Biden's age and the Democrats deaf ear to the centre in the USA I would put money at this stage on Trump winning.

gg

I saw an interview with Trump overnight our time via the NYT, and he comes across as confident with leadership nous. He is spinning his dirty real estate dealings as being an impingement of his freedom of speech rights.

And he spins it well.

Biden is falling fast in the polls v Trump so given Biden's age and the Democrats deaf ear to the centre in the USA I would put money at this stage on Trump winning.

gg
Jeezus Bas will be on suicide watch, if that happens. :roflmao:

I was recently on a cruise with a lot of Americans, there seemed to be fairly even amounts both ways, the more affluent leaned Biden and those obviously less affluent leaned toward Trump.
Neither side seemed to have a strong case as to why they leaned that way, when I asked about the differences they perceived between them, it just appeared to be a cult like belief toward their preference.
Trump was more polarising than Biden, the ones that leaned Republican liked Trump, the ones that leaned Democrat hated Trump, neither mentioned Biden much at all.
Just my observation from two cruises, different groups of people and about 10 couples.

Trump 24 is starting to look like Hillary 16...

Where Trump was essentially voted in because so many people hated Hillary and felt like giving the big orange man a crack... And now this is the path to Gavin Newsome in the Whitehouse people... Scary stuff. Trump never won the election - Hillary lost the election - she was always going to lose. Back in 2016 no one really hated Trump - we all just thought he was an oddball. Now a lot of people hate him and will probably vote for anyone else.

Dwayne Johnson is our only hope now.

1699429230263.png

1699429249150.png

Trump 24 is starting to look like Hillary 16...

Where Trump was essentially voted in because so many people hated Hillary and felt like giving the big orange man a crack... And now this is the path to Gavin Newsome in the Whitehouse people... Scary stuff. Trump never won the election - Hillary lost the election - she was always going to lose. Back in 2016 no one really hated Trump - we all just thought he was an oddball. Now a lot of people hate him and will probably vote for anyone else.

Dwayne Johnson is our only hope now.

View attachment 165426
View attachment 165427
If only he would enter the race :). That list makes me laugh.
How come Hillary is on it? There must be some money for her otherwise the odds would be higher.

Jeezus Bas will be on suicide watch, if that happens. :roflmao:

I was recently on a cruise with a lot of Americans, there seemed to be fairly even amounts both ways, the more affluent leaned Biden and those obviously less affluent leaned toward Trump.
Neither side seemed to have a strong case as to why they leaned that way, when I asked about the differences they perceived between them, it just appeared to be a cult like belief toward their preference.
Trump was more polarising than Biden, the ones that leaned Republican liked Trump, the ones that leaned Democrat hated Trump, neither mentioned Biden much at all.
Just my observation from two cruises, different groups of people and about 10 couples.
Just a change in my Supreme Analyst Opinion SAO on Mr. Trump being a shoe in to win in 2024.

He is not.

My sentiment was a Buy for Mr. Trump and a Sell for Mr. Biden.

However ...

Mr. Trump now joins Mr. Biden is showing signs of dementia. My GP agrees with me.

Accordingly the SOA is now.

Mr. Trump Sell Mr. Biden Sell

God help America. Two senile old farts are frontrunners for President in the election in 2024.

gg

Just a change in my Supreme Analyst Opinion SAO on Mr. Trump being a shoe in to win in 2024.

He is not.

However ...

Mr. Trump now joins Mr. Biden is showing signs of dementia. My GP agrees with me.

God help America. Two senile old farts are frontrunners for President in the election in 2024.

gg

He is not.

However ...

gg

Before the last election I can recall posting something like "surely the USA can find someone more dynamic than a couple of geriatrics to be president"

Now here it is 4 years later and they are both back again, at least this time people should know that Biden had dementia, just watch any news clip

Surely it is time for some new candidates for the job

Another one for the books.

Turns out that a deeply conservative retired judge is a key player in stating that Donald Trump cannot be on the Presidential ballot paper.
For some vague reason he believes El Trumpo is a lying criminal piece of xhit who is destroying the US democracy.

“All that he has done beginning with January 6 has corrupted American democracy and corrupted American elections and laid waste to Americans’ faith and confidence in their democracy to the extent that today millions and millions and millions of Americans no longer have faith and confidence in their elections.

‘I’m more worried today than I was on January 6’: top conservative’s warning to America

Retired judge Michael Luttig is battling to stop a Trump victory – which he says would be ‘catastrophic for America’s democracy’

David_Smith.png

David Smith in Washington

@smithinamerica
Mon 13 Nov 2023 22.00 AEDTLast modified on Mon 13 Nov 2023 22.01 AEDT

Michael Luttig knows the eye of the storm. On the night of 4 January 2021, the retired federal judge advised Mike Pence, the vice-president, against trying to overturn the results of the presidential election. Last year on live television he delivered compelling testimony to the congressional panel investigating the January 6 insurrection.
Now, with less than a year until the nation goes back to the polls, Luttig recognises that the battle to save the American republic from the demagoguery of Donald Trump is far from over – and he is more worried than ever before.

“I am more worried for America today than I was on January 6,” he warns in a phone interview with the Guardian. “For all the reasons that we know, his election would be catastrophic for America’s democracy.”

Luttig, 69, is an unlikely hero of the resistance. Born in Tyler, Texas, he was assistant counsel to the president under the Republican Ronald Reagan, and clerked for then judge Antonin Scalia and the supreme court justice Warren Burger. He served on the US court of appeals for the fourth circuit from 1991 to 2006 and was committed to an “originalist” interpretation of the constitution.

Another one for the books.

Turns out that a deeply conservative retired judge is a key player in stating that Donald Trump cannot be on the Presidential ballot paper.
For some vague reason he believes El Trumpo is a lying criminal piece of xhit who is destroying the US democracy.

“All that he has done beginning with January 6 has corrupted American democracy and corrupted American elections and laid waste to Americans’ faith and confidence in their democracy to the extent that today millions and millions and millions of Americans no longer have faith and confidence in their elections.

‘I’m more worried today than I was on January 6’: top conservative’s warning to America

Retired judge Michael Luttig is battling to stop a Trump victory – which he says would be ‘catastrophic for America’s democracy’

View attachment 165681
David Smith in Washington

@smithinamerica
Mon 13 Nov 2023 22.00 AEDTLast modified on Mon 13 Nov 2023 22.01 AEDT

Michael Luttig knows the eye of the storm. On the night of 4 January 2021, the retired federal judge advised Mike Pence, the vice-president, against trying to overturn the results of the presidential election. Last year on live television he delivered compelling testimony to the congressional panel investigating the January 6 insurrection.
Now, with less than a year until the nation goes back to the polls, Luttig recognises that the battle to save the American republic from the demagoguery of Donald Trump is far from over – and he is more worried than ever before.

“I am more worried for America today than I was on January 6,” he warns in a phone interview with the Guardian. “For all the reasons that we know, his election would be catastrophic for America’s democracy.”

Luttig, 69, is an unlikely hero of the resistance. Born in Tyler, Texas, he was assistant counsel to the president under the Republican Ronald Reagan, and clerked for then judge Antonin Scalia and the supreme court justice Warren Burger. He served on the US court of appeals for the fourth circuit from 1991 to 2006 and was committed to an “originalist” interpretation of the constitution.

For what?
Overstating his land value.... That's the job of the bank valuers and insurers. Any charges that stick in NY will instantly be overturned on appeal.

Biden is meanwhile Eyebrow deep in every scam known to man. Real corruption bordering on treasonous.

For what?
Overstating his land value.... That's the job of the bank valuers and insurers. Any charges that stick in NY will instantly be overturned on appeal.

Biden is meanwhile Eyebrow deep in every scam known to man. Real corruption bordering on treasonous.

Trump is talking about suspending the constitution if elected.

Trump is talking about suspending the constitution if elected.
Quote?

I'm guessing it was the election one

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution," Trump wrote on Truth Social on December 3, 2022. "Our great 'Founder' did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

Everything to that point had been a Democrat lie. Russian accusations, Biden laptop not being real, pee pee dossier.
If that election is proven to be fraudulent then I'd understand the anger. He walked back this comment pretty quickly though.

"The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to 'terminate' the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES."

Firstly no one would carry that out unless there was glaring proof. There's evidence that every other Trump accusation was bs. This is just a comment from an egotistical idiot angry at losing an election after being subjected to some of the worst propaganda from a corrupt institution.

Last edited:
Trump does scare me though when he uses Mussolini and Hitler tactics attacking domestic opponents and calling them vermin that he will root out.
He said this in a letter to veterans and in a speech. It wasn't accidental.

"Dehumanizing groups of people to encourage followers to collaborate with or tolerate state persecution is exactly what authoritarians do," said Ruth Ben-Ghiat, author of "Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present."

Just before this , Trump told Univision that he would use the Justice Department and the FBI to go after his political enemies.

To facilitate Trump’s ability to direct Justice Department actions, his associates have drafted plans to dispense with 50 years of policy and practice intended to shield criminal prosecutions from political considerations.

Critics have called such ideas dangerous and unconstitutional.
"They are telling us in broad daylight that they want to rape the Constitution. And now Trump has told us explicitly that he will use Nazi rhetoric to stoke the hatred and fear that will make this rape seem, to some, a necessary cleansing."

His official spokesman said Steve Cheung said " those who try to make that ridiculous assertion are snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their existence will be crushed when President Trump arrives in the Whitehouse." WTF???

Brian Klaas, a political scientist, told MSNBC on Monday that Trump is “lifting not just rhetoric but actual plans from the authoritarian playbook.”

“I study the breakdown of democracy, and I don’t know how to say this more clearly: We are sleepwalking towards authoritarianism,” he said.

Trump does scare me though when he uses Mussolini and Hitler tactics attacking domestic opponents and calling them vermin that he will root out.

"Dehumanizing groups of people to encourage followers to collaborate with or tolerate state persecution is exactly what authoritarians do," said Ruth Ben-Ghiat, author of "Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present."

Just before this , Trump told Univision that he would use the Justice Department and the FBI to go after his political enemies.

To facilitate Trump’s ability to direct Justice Department actions, his associates have drafted plans to dispense with 50 years of policy and practice intended to shield criminal prosecutions from political considerations.

"They are telling us in broad daylight that they want to rape the Constitution. And now Trump has told us explicitly that he will use Nazi rhetoric to stoke the hatred and fear that will make this rape seem, to some, a necessary cleansing."

His official spokesman said Steve Cheung said " those who try to make that ridiculous assertion are snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their existence will be crushed when President Trump arrives in the Whitehouse." WTF???

Brian Klaas, a political scientist, told MSNBC on Monday that Trump is “lifting not just rhetoric but actual plans from the authoritarian playbook.”

“I study the breakdown of democracy, and I don’t know how to say this more clearly: We are sleepwalking towards authoritarianism,” he said.
Unfortunately democracies of one-hu-man-one-vote and universal suffrage are fairly late on to the world stage. Observing the history of rulers and ruled these statements by Trump are fairly mild. How he goes about enacting them is where the danger lies.

Luckily he is too old and too disorganised to be able to enact much of what he shouts. The liberal establishment have a stranglehold on judicial appointments and decisions, so his hatred of the swamp is understandable. Any diminution of he latter's power will be for the good. If he does go gaga-demented he will go the full Monty complete with foaming at the mouth.

gg

I didn't see much authoritarianism with Trump. Just a lot of bluff and bluster. Trudeau and Biden however. Even in Australia with the lockdowns.
Trumps held in check by the copious amounts of whingers on his back.

Biden is lucky to do press conferences. Trump gave hours to the press and was held to account for everything.

I still don't think he will win. But damn if the democrats aren't trying their hardest to give him the job.

What scares me and I absolutely don't give a $hit, is the fact that you repeat exactly what the media fed to you this morning.

When I read the article, I thought what he said was pretty limp, compared to what is said in australian politics and I actually posted a controversial clip from Keating today, which I found when Investigating.

It just highlights how impressionable people are to media inputs, seriously you are an engineer, why would you have to plagiarize a headline from the media.
Have you ever watched question time in parliament? apparently it is full of maggots, loonies, bottom feeders, cellar dwellars, any other name you want to call someone.

FFS people need to start and grab a brain, vermin would be classed as a limp dick name to call someone in Australia, Keating would have replied with "is that the best you've got?"

Last edited: