Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

Let's be clear. Nuclear is years away. We have no experience in it and it's going to take a long, long time to get up to speed... just to build the first reactor. This should have been on the agenda 50 years ago.
I thought you could get one of those off the shelf reactors at Bunnings. But the paperwork to make sure no black cockatoos get hurt is arduous.

You're right. And I remember it....correction: It should have been taken up back then. :(
Well I wouldn't say that, we have had a lot of social benefits from the gas pipe down from Karratha and the use of coal for power generation.
If we had built a nuke back then it would be nearing end of life and as we in W.A emit next to sod all emissions, we would now get the benefit of 50 years of advancement in nuclear technology.
So if we chose to go nuclear, we get the latest technology. :xyxthumbs
Because if we don't go nuclear in W.A, it will be interesting to see how long before our batteries need replacing, eventually there will be a chorus of "we can't just keep stacking up batteries". (LAO)

Let's be clear. Nuclear is years away. We have no experience in it and it's going to take a long, long time to get up to speed... just to build the first reactor. This should have been on the agenda 50 years ago.
... assuming Australia doesn't realize the tragic trade policy it is making and get the Chinese and/or Russians to build those reactors

( miracles can happen , but i bet they desperately seek French help to build then is some subsidized muddle deal of local + French expertise )

i bet a total cluster-freak show just like the French sub deal

( and burning wind-turbines setting the back-drop to the whole thing )

Well I wouldn't say that, we have had a lot of social benefits from the gas pipe down from Karratha and the use of coal for power generation.
If we had built a nuke back then it would be nearing end of life and as we in W.A emit next to sod all emissions, we would now get the benefit of 50 years of advancement in nuclear technology.
So if we chose to go nuclear, we get the latest technology. :xyxthumbs
Because if we don't go nuclear in W.A, it will be interesting to see how long before our batteries need replacing, eventually there will be a chorus of "we can't just keep stacking up batteries". (LAO)
We can argue all day on this subject but I just want to add if we DID go nuclear back then, batteries wouldn't be part of the equation today.

We can argue all day on this subject but I just want to add if we DID go nuclear back then, batteries wouldn't be part of the equation today.
But then we may still be carrying around a "brick" for a mobile phone. :roflmao:

Screenshot 2024-06-23 160245.jpg

Market Matters is interested in WDS for its 'active growth' p/f at prices under $27.
Both MM and Greg Canavan (fat tail) say a low in oil is close.

Quote MM 18/06/24:
". .we believe value is starting to present itself, although we are conscious that international giants such as Exxon (XOM US) and Chevron Coro (CVX US) look to be in the early stages of their respective pullbacks. Last week, Macquarie upgraded WDS to outperform with a $32 price target,"

Whereas Greg Canavan 11/06/24:
"My preferred exposure is Woodside [ASX:WDS]. It’s been in a year-long bear market and is excellent long-term value. The market is concerned about its heavy capex program ahead of increasing production and cashflows coming through in 2026.
But with a 30% share price decline since August 2023, that concern is well and truly priced in."

Held and
Wavering btw waiting and adding now.

am staying in the waiting camp ( i already hold some )

the Northern storm season has started,
several nations are rushing to elections hoping rising oil prices don't crush them at the polls

and the BRICS expansion will see more oil traded outside the US dollar , avoiding certain tactics used in earlier years

Just my thought after reading UMike n qldfrog posts. There isn't any right or wrong answer to it.
Yes, currently nuclear has got nothing to do with WDS share price.
In the future, nuclear power should be our base load supply for living needs, it's a necessity commodity.
So whatever eventuate, we will still need Gas n Petrol n WDS will still be in production.
Of course like any commodity, price is Up n Down as in Supply n Demand.
Unfortunately, most people hear the word NUCLEAR, it's associated with Nuclear Bomb.

Crude Oil WTI Futures - Aug 24 (CLQ4)​

Real-time capital.com

Currency in USD
Disclaimer
-0.18(-0.22%)

Just my thought after reading UMike n qldfrog posts. There isn't any right or wrong answer to it.
Yes, currently nuclear has got nothing to do with WDS share price.
In the future, nuclear power should be our base load supply for living needs, it's a necessity commodity.
So whatever eventuate, we will still need Gas n Petrol n WDS will still be in production.
Of course like any commodity, price is Up n Down as in Supply n Demand.
Unfortunately, most people hear the word NUCLEAR, it's associated with Nuclear Bomb.
or Chernobyl ( we aren't allowed to remember Fukushima )

nuclear has it's own issues , but not unsolvable ones