Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

Africa gives a pessimistic political picture. True.
Senegal is not Drc or others. Very peaceful for work.
As french born, I follow these places quite a lot, especially as my dad has a gift in holidaying in the most **** hole on earth there.
He spent a month there 2 y ago in a small village on the coast, and was hardly back that the Islamists there attacked the Christian village and slaughtered 50 or so villagers.
The fact you do not see that on the ABC news does not mean it is safe.
But yes it is safer than Mali, RDC, Niger,etc

As french born, I follow these places quite a lot, especially as my dad has a gift in holidaying in the most **** hole on earth there.
He spent a month there 2 y ago in a small village on the coast, and was hardly back that the Islamists there attacked the Christian village and slaughtered 50 or so villagers.
Google Casamance ....the coast where the petrol is coincidentally...
Not happy that wds got involved there but is part only of global assets

We get killed in Bondi, Perth Karrinyup same. I lived and worked in Madagascar, my family member works in Senegal. Have people whose house got ransacked in Zambia, Durban.
Probability of bad law and order is of course much higher in Africa.
Brown envelope works as it works in some of the Australian based and foreign owned companies.
Nothing is safe nowadays 😕

We get killed in Bondi, Perth Karrinyup same. I lived and worked in Madagascar, my family member works in Senegal. Have people whose house got ransacked in Zambia, Durban.
Probability of bad law and order is of course much higher in Africa.
Brown envelope works as it works in some of the Australian based and foreign owned companies.
Nothing is safe nowadays 😕
As you know, you do not get 30 guys in Bondi arriving in a market..Westfield centre and killing 50 persons on a day...
We import some of them among roughly a million candidates in the last 2 years but so far, they lack the machine guns and only take a couple of lives with their knives.
And our australian mining camps are safe.
Slightly different in Africa .
I worked a short while for a west African gold company and refused to put a feet there, 2 months later, a mining convoy with military protection (the brown envelope) was decimated.. .
Just to say that nothing is certain in this part of west Africa where islamists are gaining power daily ..and have even reached Nigeria on the east.
I really hope for the safety of your family members there🤞
The French forces/mercenaries are leaving,no US replacing them, Islamic state winning, and only Wagner and Chinese "army" offer kind of protection/structure in that part of the world..not PC to say, and I somewhat doubt they will be helping wds.
The earlier woodside can get rid of these assets at a decent price, the better
We can not even do fair business there due to our naive anti corruption laws.
Let China buy these fields
I own wds

@qldfrog , I think WDS would be better run if you did own it!
Not in detail, but strategy wise maybe, I have probably more knowledge of the world, (culture and work ) than most at the top, and enough tech knowledge cf oil, but not enough to prevent me from asking for expertise.
Feel free to nominate me at the next AGM😊

Not in detail, but strategy wise maybe, I have probably more knowledge of the world, (culture and work ) than most at the top, and enough tech knowledge cf oil, but not enough to prevent me from asking for expertise.
Feel free to nominate me at the next AGM😊
tempting , i was already luke-warm on the current crew

Feel free to nominate me at the next AGM
Ummmmm, me thinks you are putting yourself down. Me thinks most board people aren’t that smart. A bit like polys.

from the AFR .. they have to do something to get that fickle insto money back in

Woodside Energy is looking to data centres’ hunger for green power as a potential solution to the problem of finding customers willing to justify the company's commercial-scale bet on green hydrogen.

Woodside’s failure to greenlight a hydrogen project was one of the sticking points in its stand-off with major shareholders who voted down its climate action plan at the company’s annual meeting last month.

But chief executive Meg O’Neill said data centres in Singapore – which the government has insisted must provide their own green power – could provide an answer to the problem of finding customers of sufficient volume to sign-off on a project.

She told reporters on the sidelines of the Australian Energy Producers conference in Perth that Woodside was exploring the viability of “a liquid hydrogen value chain” with a couple of Singaporean data centre clients.

With that kind of customer, we feel like we have an opportunity to work with them to find a solution that will meet their needs and allow us to make these investments in low carbon fuels."

@Dona Ferentes, Woodside has been facing significant challenges recently and seems to be unable to find any relief. Unless there's a change in market sentiment, it's anticipated that the price will continue to remain stagnant for the foreseeable future.

Skate.

from the AFR .. they have to do something to get that fickle insto money back in

Woodside Energy is looking to data centres’ hunger for green power as a potential solution to the problem of finding customers willing to justify the company's commercial-scale bet on green hydrogen.

Woodside’s failure to greenlight a hydrogen project was one of the sticking points in its stand-off with major shareholders who voted down its climate action plan at the company’s annual meeting last month.

But chief executive Meg O’Neill said data centres in Singapore – which the government has insisted must provide their own green power – could provide an answer to the problem of finding customers of sufficient volume to sign-off on a project.

She told reporters on the sidelines of the Australian Energy Producers conference in Perth that Woodside was exploring the viability of “a liquid hydrogen value chain” with a couple of Singaporean data centre clients.

With that kind of customer, we feel like we have an opportunity to work with them to find a solution that will meet their needs and allow us to make these investments in low carbon fuels."
really need to get out of that one indeed, let them play with green oxygen with someone else money

Negative forward earnings growth , needs to flip that around and it becomes interesting again

ScreenShot701.jpg

Wed 22/5/24 3pm - IMO Avoid WDS for a while, if you can, there is shareholder unrest that could see a sell off...
WDS could drop to $26.41, $23.91 or $22.31 in the Not Too Distant Future...
WDS Cht 20240522 1500hrs.png

Cheers...
DrB.

The board of WDS is looking at supplying green power to data centres as a way out of poor governance of a company with oil reserves.
The have no experience nor expertise in this.

I would agree with the above posters to avoid WDS. I'ts poor publicity is public and the last thing one needs when one has stuffed up an asset rich company is publicity.

gg

The board of WDS is looking at supplying green power to data centres as a way out of poor governance of a company with oil reserves.
The have no experience nor expertise in this.

I would agree with the above posters to avoid WDS. I'ts poor publicity is public and the last thing one needs when one has stuffed up an asset rich company is publicity.

gg

@Garpal Gumnut, WDS has proven to be quite challenging since the beginning of my investment exercise. At the end of trading day, my position in WDS dipped to -10%. These figures represent real funds and genuine investment outcomes.

2. Dashboard.jpg

Skate.