Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

+0.07(+0.09%)

Technical for oil is still a strong buy (same as yesterday) see investing.com

PS this is not an indication that anyone should buy on what i post. I'm merely posting according to what I see on investing.com. Have also seen it change very quickly from strong buy to neutral and then, to sell.

”nuclear energy, if we do it right, will help us solve our climate goals”. Bill Gates

440 active nuclear reactors in 32 countries, another 66 nuclear reactors under construction in 16 countries, 24 of the new reactors just in China.

IF other countries are considering nuclear energy to cut greenhouse emissions and reduce power bills I can’t see why our country can’t even consider it as an option. its just this idea is not popular in our country or NZ.

”nuclear energy, if we do it right, will help us solve our climate goals”. Bill Gates

440 active nuclear reactors in 32 countries, another 66 nuclear reactors under construction in 16 countries, 24 of the new reactors just in China.

IF other countries are considering nuclear energy to cut greenhouse emissions and reduce power bills I can’t see why our country can’t even consider it as an option. its just this idea is not popular in our country or NZ.
Give us time,Danny....we need time to think and procrastinate.

I saw something on the storm thread. When Captain catches wind of it, he'll throw me overboard again

unfortunately a Bill Gates is not seen as a positive indicator to future investing by me

i would rather see Jamie Dimon putting in his own hard-earned at least he is a shameless capitalist predator

Danny, are you thinking about black gold too?

No time to think nuclear today, come with me and think oil instead...can you tell me where it's going, Gretsch? Still going good at the moment
Ahhhh... back onto the subject. Yes. Oil. Fossil fuel.
It's obvious we're going to need it for some time and it will web and flow like every other commodity does.
It's a buy for me, but I want it cheap. ;)
Having said that, today's price might be indicating it's on the way up again and I might have missed the boat. But I'm patient.

Danny, are you thinking about black gold too?

why should it be in NZ ?

small population , i don't remember any large uranium deposits

good hydro and geothermal sources add in a few solar panels ( or wave energy if it ever becomes commercial .. i hold CCE)

i also hold MEZ , GNE and MCY

does NZ really need a 10X increase in energy production ( and become an AI super power ) i think not

It's obvious we're going to need it for some time and it will web and flow like every other commodity does.
Having said that, today's price might be indicating it's on the way up again and I might have missed the boat. But I'm patient.
WDS is a hold for me , at least until it can make efficient use of the former BHP assets

I thought 27 was cheap, so bought some yesterday...I wasn't expecting it to go down too much, if it did (can go down further in the future??) Hard to tell...I can only take it one day at a time.

Quite bullish day it seems. Price has broken through a loosely identified bullish falling wedge and seems to have moved above 10-11 months of downtrend resistance. Two spikes of strong positive volume within 'the wedge' and positive divergence from the daily momentum indicators. All just on a daily scale.

DAILY
big (6).gif
Screenshot_20240625_162125_Chrome.jpg

Hope so. I'm close to cracking and adding half of what I want to get. I usually wait for a weekly or monthly case argument. Actually I'm trying to forget about the market for a while, it's paying me enough to live on, it's become a vice.

Gary Glover
@GloverGary
25 June

$WDS.asx - finally poked out of the range or ending diagonal as they are often referred. Can it kick on like 2021?

GQ5MjJsbwAIE7WE?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Rc8byIzB_normal.jpg

Gary Glover
@GloverGary
12 Jun
I mentioned WDS.asx yesterday - at key $27.00 support and 50% Fib level. Looks an awful lot like the 2021 decline. x.com/ausbiztv/statu…
https://x.com/GloverGary/status/1800730794413170917/photo/2

Gary Glover
@GloverGary
25 June

$WDS.asx - finally poked out of the range or ending diagonal as they are often referred. Can it kick on like 2021?
View attachment 179310

View attachment 179311

Gary Glover
@GloverGary
12 Jun
I mentioned WDS.asx yesterday - at key $27.00 support and 50% Fib level. Looks an awful lot like the 2021 decline. x.com/ausbiztv/statu…

it still has a 2 handle

it will have to do something spectacular to tempt me to add to the holding with a 2 handle

seems to now have the 'gotta buy more assets ' syndrome

In financial markets, the focus is starting to swing toward growth and away from just inflation and interest rates, according to Michael Wilson and other strategists at Morgan Stanley.

The above is good news. ? Bulls will think it's cheap at this level. Oil took a step back last night. Technical remains the same as yesterday, strong buy (investing.com) Needs watching...WDS had a big jump yesterday, SPi down....energy up last night according to sector chart........
ENERGY699.6+0.99+0.14694.15699.99
Economic calendar (AEST):

• 11:30 am: Australia Monthly CPI (May)

In financial markets, the focus is starting to swing toward growth and away from just inflation and interest rates, according to Michael Wilson and other strategists at Morgan Stanley.

The above is good news. ? Bulls will think it's cheap at this level. Oil took a step back last night. Technical remains the same as yesterday, strong buy (investing.com) Needs watching...WDS had a big jump yesterday, SPi down....energy up last night according to sector chart........
ENERGY699.6+0.99+0.14694.15699.99
Economic calendar (AEST):

• 11:30 am: Australia Monthly CPI (May)
A good jump this morning. On the waiting..

Watch it, rabbit, the numbers have lined up, still lining up, but don't know for how long. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch much after today....will be absent from the desk much of the time, good luck

Specially for you, rabbit, with compliments from the esky :)

Crude Oil WTI​

+0.01
(+0.01%)

Crude Oil WTI Futures - Aug 24 (CLQ4)​

Real-time capital.com

Currency in USD
Disclaimer