Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mr. Trump (The Donald) To Win in 2024

Haley wins primary in Washington DC...Got trump on the run...
Haley’s victory – her first of the primary – comes on the eve of what is expected to be a decisive week in the GOP primary, as she attempts one last stand as the race turns national. Former President Donald Trump has dominated every other early nominating contest and is poised to rack up more delegates on Super Tuesday.

“It’s not surprising that Republicans closest to Washington dysfunction are rejecting Donald Trump and all his chaos,” Haley spokesperson Olivia Perez-Cubas said in a statement that touted the former governor as the first woman to win a GOP presidential primary.

Haley’s victory, though a first, did not come as a major surprise. Many in Washington believed the District represented her best, and perhaps only, chance to win a primary. Trump’s hold on the capital’s GOP, which counts roughly 22,000 registered voters, has never quite reflected his dominance across the country. Trump won the primary in 2020, running uncontested, but finished third in the 2016 cycle. Haley held an event on Friday with local GOP leaders, a clear sign of optimism.

The Trump campaign, in a statement, sought to spin Haley’s win into a loss.

“Tonight’s results in Washington D.C. reaffirm the object of President Trump’s campaign — he will drain the swamp and put America first,” Trump press secretary Karoline Leavitt said. “The swamp has claimed their queen.”

Republicans will mostly forget about Washington now, at least in the coming general election. Biden won it in 2020 with more than 92% of the vote. The District has never supported a Republican presidential candidate. The GOP’s high-water mark came in 1972, when Richard Nixon managed a little more than 21% during a landslide reelection.

Trumps BIG LIE has been declaring he won the last election and it was only electoral fraud that denied him Presidency. He has relentlessly run this BS since 2020 convincing millions of supporters that black is white, that Trump had won.

During this time Trump commissioned investigators to examine the results and find evidence of electoral fraud. After extensive work and a $1.5m account - no fraud was uncovered. Despite receiving this report Donald continued with his BIG LIE.

In 2024 the author of the report has written an Op ed in Arizona explaining exactly why Trump lost the election. The Republican Party in Arizona is still maintaining there was fraud.

This short video outlines that story. The other link details why Trump lost. Moderate Republicans didn't want him again.
Why will these moderate Republicans vote for Trump in 2024 ?

Haley wins primary in Washington DC...Got trump on the run...
Haley’s victory – her first of the primary – comes on the eve of what is expected to be a decisive week in the GOP primary, as she attempts one last stand as the race turns national. Former President Donald Trump has dominated every other early nominating contest and is poised to rack up more delegates on Super Tuesday.

“It’s not surprising that Republicans closest to Washington dysfunction are rejecting Donald Trump and all his chaos,” Haley spokesperson Olivia Perez-Cubas said in a statement that touted the former governor as the first woman to win a GOP presidential primary.

Haley’s victory, though a first, did not come as a major surprise. Many in Washington believed the District represented her best, and perhaps only, chance to win a primary. Trump’s hold on the capital’s GOP, which counts roughly 22,000 registered voters, has never quite reflected his dominance across the country. Trump won the primary in 2020, running uncontested, but finished third in the 2016 cycle. Haley held an event on Friday with local GOP leaders, a clear sign of optimism.

The Trump campaign, in a statement, sought to spin Haley’s win into a loss.

“Tonight’s results in Washington D.C. reaffirm the object of President Trump’s campaign — he will drain the swamp and put America first,” Trump press secretary Karoline Leavitt said. “The swamp has claimed their queen.”

Republicans will mostly forget about Washington now, at least in the coming general election. Biden won it in 2020 with more than 92% of the vote. The District has never supported a Republican presidential candidate. The GOP’s high-water mark came in 1972, when Richard Nixon managed a little more than 21% during a landslide reelection.
1600 votes in total, in the whole of DC apparently lmao.

Be interesting to see what happens now. Trump doesn’t get a lot of coverage and still seems to be winning. I'm still not convinced he can win the moderates over.

Be interesting to see what happens now. Trump doesn’t get a lot of coverage and still seems to be winning. I'm still not convinced he can win the moderates over.
There's a long way to go yet and lots of aces up lots of sleeves I imagine.

It's going to get dirty.

There's a long way to go yet and lots of aces up lots of sleeves I imagine.

It's going to get dirty.
The democrats are so corrupt that they have been playing dirty since he first ran.
Part of me hopes he gets in and burns all these democrats to the ground

WOW the EU is following the Trump tariff lead, that he started last time he was in office, the EU is going to place import tariffs on Chinese EV's.
Obviously it wasn't as stupid as the U.S media tried to make out at the time, not only did Biden continue it, the EU is adopting it.
Well in reality they don't have many options IMO, VW etc must be finding it difficult to compete with the Chineses battery and manufacturing cost base.

During his presidency, Mr Trump triggered a bitter trade war between the world's two largest economies as he imposed tariffs on hundreds of billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods.
The Trump administration first began imposing levies aimed at curbing Chinese imports in 2018. The policy escalated to duties on goods ranging from seafood to chemicals later that year.
Beijing responded with tariffs on US imports including soybeans, wheat and poultry.
Mr Trump's latest comments go further than his previous remarks about introducing a universal 10% tariff on all imports into the US.
Current US President Joe Biden's administration has largely kept the tariffs in place, despite criticism that they have helped to push up prices and made the country less competitive.
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said last month that Mr Trump's plan to raise tariffs would raise the costs of a "variety of goods" for American businesses and consumers.

The US has been China's biggest export market for over two decades.
However, curbing US-China economic ties is gaining support from some Republican and Democrat lawmakers. A recent House committee report recommended higher tariffs on imports from China and restrictions on Chinese investments in the US.

The democrats are so corrupt that they have been playing dirty since he first ran.
Part of me hopes he gets in and burns all these democrats to the ground
Somebody has to do it, whether it's Trump or RFKjnr.

I think the God Emperor has much less to lose by torching the whole freaking lot... And now, a whole lot more motivation.

This explains the terror amongst democrats.

I don't mean to equate the God Emperor in any way with the actual God (for those of us who are believers), so don't go there.

But they are certain passages in the Revelation of John which I am fantasizing about, in a vicarious way :laugh:

If you know, you know. :)

NB - as a Christian deconstructionalist I view The Revelation as a fantasy relevant to the time of writing and nothing more ;)

If you want to get an idea of what the USA will look like during Trumps second term, check out Orbon of Hungary who Trump has been meeting.

"Orban has become an icon to some conservative populists for championing what he calls “illiberal democracy”. He’s cracked down on the press and judiciary in his country and rejigged the country’s political system to keep his party in power while maintaining the closest relationship with Russia among all European Union countries."

In the video, Trump praised Orban to a laughing crowd. “He’s a non-controversial figure because he says, ‘This is the way it’s going to be,’ and that’s the end of it. Right?” Trump said of the Hungarian prime minister. “He’s the boss.”

Re "illiberal democracy", let's take a wee peep at what liberal means in the US, before running off on a BS narrative. ;)

If you want to get an idea of what the USA will look like during Trumps second term, check out Orbon of Hungary who Trump has been meeting.

"Orban has become an icon to some conservative populists for championing what he calls “illiberal democracy”. He’s cracked down on the press and judiciary in his country and rejigged the country’s political system to keep his party in power while maintaining the closest relationship with Russia among all European Union countries."

In the video, Trump praised Orban to a laughing crowd. “He’s a non-controversial figure because he says, ‘This is the way it’s going to be,’ and that’s the end of it. Right?” Trump said of the Hungarian prime minister. “He’s the boss.”

Trump worships authoritarians Putin being his favorite.

Re "illiberal democracy", let's take a wee peep at what liberal means in the US, before running off on a BS narrative. ;)
Not my words. Orbon's words.
Tell me Trump won't:

Crack down on the press and judiciary and rejig the country’s political system and develop a close relationship with Russia.

I would be pleased if you say it won't happen.

Tell me Trump won't:

Crack down on the press and judiciary and rejig the country’s political system and develop a close relationship with Russia.

Not visiting the rest but "crack down on the press" has been rampant under Biden, even the FBI and CIA have been censoring the media.

The blatant lies told about Covid caused thousands of deaths and when Doctors tried to speak the truth they were deregistered.

No different to a totalitarian regime as in some other countries so I don't see how Trump could be much worse

Not visiting the rest but "crack down on the press" has been rampant under Biden, even the FBI and CIA have been censoring the media.

The blatant lies told about Covid caused thousands of deaths and when Doctors tried to speak the truth they were deregistered.

No different to a totalitarian regime as in some other countries so I don't see how Trump could be much worse
Not too sure if the Trumpet would be worse than the Bisen.
Both are sitting at the bottom of the barrel and it's harder to get lower in than that!!!!

Not too sure if the Trumpet would be worse than the Bisen.
Both are sitting at the bottom of the barrel and it's harder to get lower in than that!!!!

I said before last US election that surely in a population of over 300mill people they can find a couple of candidates that are at their peak.

Instead of that, here we are 4 years later and a couple of men well past there mental peak are having another round.

Crazy stuff and a sad commentary on the situation in the USA

Tell me Trump won't:

Crack down on the press: As per Mick's comments. And I doubt he would.

Judiciary: I would welcome moves to reduce judicial activism and sticking to it remit.

Political system: He won't have the power beyond the constitution.

Closer relationship with Russia: Prevention of WW3 seems like a good idea to me. We have to start taking, otherwise your kids won't have much of a world to live in, if they/we survive.

All this scaremongering about Trump is feckin bollox, derangement of the highest order IMNTBCHO.