Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Leaving Australia (again)

I am actually interested if you have made a choice yet wayne, if so what were the deciding factors?
No.

But Shorten's digital "papers please" and dumbshit comments from others is giving me a bit more impetus.

Love England, but that's in an even worse place since Keir Stalin has taken over...a harbinger for Australia?

There is a fair bit of research involved with multiple factors.

I am actually interested if you have made a choice yet wayne, if so what were the deciding factors?
I'm also interested, as coming to W.A from the East Coast I understand, but leaving here to destinations unknown is interesting.
Maybe the call to your birthplace is strong?
Mine certainly isn't. Lol

I'm also interested, as coming to W.A from the East Coast I understand, but leaving here to destinations unknown is interesting.
Maybe the call to your birthplace is strong?
Canada?

Perhaps if they lynch Justin Castro, and repeal every piece of legislation from the last 8 years. Until then, not on your Nellie.

Canada?

Perhaps if they lynch Justin Castro, and repeal every piece of legislation from the last 8 years. Until then, not on your Nellie.
I was in the British Columbia, Alberta area a couple of months ago.
Beautiful place, caught up with mate who lives in Vancouver, he was born and bred in Busselton, married a fabulous Canadian girl.
Anyway long story short, I said to him, "$hit this is a magic place, how are you liking living here".
He said "I miss the weather in W.A".
True story.
I must admit, I found it a terrific place to visit, but without putting it down, it seemed like a magic place to visit.

I was in the British Columbia, Alberta area a couple of months ago.
Beautiful place, caught up with mate who lives in Vancouver, he was born and bred in Busselton, married a fabulous Canadian girl.
Anyway long story short, I said to him, "$hit this is a magic place, how are you liking living here".
He said "I miss the weather in W.A".
True story.
I must admit, I found it a terrific place to visit, but without putting it down, it seemed like a magic place to visit.
I have been there myself and felt very comfortable But a bloke I know had a lady friend there and went to visit her.

He says to her I think I will go for my daily run (6k) and she says No you won't ! Why not? because if you do you will die, it is so cold the blood will freeze in your lungs and you will die.................

Sunny is good :)

....and tax in Canada is freaking extortionate.

It is lovely place to visit though and awesome people are born there ;)
Yep and W.A is the most isolated place on Earth, which IMO is great.
All that needs to happen is a resources downturn to be completed and all the Eastern States property investors to get their ar$es burnt.
I'm starting to see it ATM, a cop car at 6am outside an obvious rental, that has looked suss for months.
First there was washing on the fence, then there was a broken fence, then the fence was spread down the road, then there was a lot of for sale signs and then quickly sold signs, now there are cops outside at 6am in the morning.
Wait until 2025, things will really get exciting IMO. Lol

Yep and W.A is the most isolated place on Earth, which IMO is great.
All that needs to happen is a resources downturn to be completed and all the Eastern States property investors to get their ar$es burnt.
I'm starting to see it ATM, a cop car at 6am outside an obvious rental, that has looked suss for months.
First there was washing on the fence, then there was a broken fence, then the fence was spread down the road, then there was a lot of for sale signs and then quickly sold signs, now there are cops outside at 6am in the morning.
Wait until 2025, things will really get exciting IMO. Lol

Haha normal for parts of Greenfields isn't it car out the front no wheels, grass growing through the engine bay... my kinda people.

No.

But Shorten's digital "papers please" and dumbshit comments from others is giving me a bit more impetus.

Love England, but that's in an even worse place since Keir Stalin has taken over...a harbinger for Australia?

There is a fair bit of research involved with multiple factors.
WTF is going on over there? (UK).

Thought of NZ?

Some say it's more like England than England is.
We live there for 3 years before horse face became prime minister. It's a bit backwards, but I didn't mind it at all... But missus really didn't like it there.

And since horse face was prime minister it has turned into it police state not unlike Canada.
WTF is going on over there? (UK).

Another supposed refugee (Romanian) of no fixed abode. They are taking far too many immigrants too quickly and it is destroying the fabric of the nation.

In the last year alone there has been a million, + 55,000 illegals.... All basically unvetted.

Friends of mine looked at going to Belize as a retirement option. Seems to have a bit going for it

Friends of mine looked at going to Belize as a retirement option. Seems to have a bit going for it

Sounds great. See you there Bas !