Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Leaving Australia (again)

Nope. A few things going on in the world I want to see how they play out yet. Who knows, we may on Prison Island.
Yo @wayneL , maybe you are going about this the wrong way.
Why not take a leaf out of one of your state compatriots, Prince Leonard of Hutt, ad declare your property a principality.
That way you don't have the expenses of moving, you get to set your own rules, rates of Taxation, have your own constitution etc etc.
And you will get the added advantage of military protection from the rest of Oz.
Mick

Why not take a leaf out of one of your state compatriots, Prince Leonard of Hutt, ad declare your property a principality.
That way you don't have the expenses of moving, you get to set your own rules, rates of Taxation, have your own constitution etc etc.
And you will get the added advantage of military protection from the rest of Oz.
Mick
Funnily enough, my wife's goddaughter is married to one of his family (a son I think)... I could pick up a few inside tips :laugh:

Funnily enough, my wife's goddaughter is married to one of his family (a son I think)... I could pick up a few inside tips :laugh:
Can you make sure that dual citizenship is allowed.
I would like to have another passport from the new principality.
Monaco and Liechenstein both rejected me.
Mick

'Far' Right parties are rising in Europe.

Any attraction there ?

Less migration (they might reject you!) and lower taxes would be on the cards.

Any attraction there ?

But until they reach 51%, they can not have any power..all left and soft right go together to block them.
And EU non elected framework is still in charge blocking and fining any hint of what used to ne common sense 50y ago
With the demographics, the natives are already gone and the narrative relentless.look at what just happen. In Essen yesterday..a poor soul disappointed after being dumped by his wife.. sure...

But until they reach 51%, they can not have any power..all left and soft right go together to block them.
And EU non elected framework is still in charge blocking and fining any hint of what used to ne common sense 50y ago
With the demographics, the natives are already gone and the narrative relentless.look at what just happen. In Essen yesterday..a poor soul disappointed after being dumped by his wife.. sure...
EU is gone, Turkey and Poland are the coming power there, Turkey no thanks..as for weather in Poland...if i was 20y old maybe..
Hungary maybe?

Any attraction there ?

The German speaking countries hold some attraction culturally. Mrs spent a fair bit of time in the "German" speaking part of Switzerland and absolutely loved it. Could pick up the language pretty easily too both of us having some rudimentary German already.

Politically and economically it is still a damned mess though, rise of the right wing or not... Wouldn't mind spending a few months there, get totally wasted at a couple of Octoberfests, maybe buy a couple of fancy nags or something.

But can't see it as a permanent base.

Still waiting for the Thai "non immigrant" VISA

Have EU pass port but since I can't handle Melbourne winters German ones will kill me.
Mrs said she couldn't feel her feet in the winter in Switzerland or Austria when training.

Better for Christmas markets, mulled wine and bratwurst while dressed appropriately ;)

Mrs said she couldn't feel her feet in the winter in Switzerland or Austria when training.

Better for Christmas markets, mulled wine and bratwurst while dressed appropriately ;)
You have to dodge the knife and machete throwers in Germany.Austria and Switzerland much better but too near from Ukraine if the Biden and the new idiot carers decide they need an election win and a new Marshall plan for Europe as a way to sort their debt....

Still waiting for the Thai "non immigrant" VISA

Have EU pass port but since I can't handle Melbourne winters German ones will kill me.
#$%&*

Thai HR took 3 weeks to process the VISA application and got my Passport number wrong........
Took 3 hours to resubmit after I let them know about it.

LOL.... I'm gonna have to leave my German efficiency in Australia.

Mick
The "Principality of Hutt River" is no longer, since it went bust, belly up, karboom.
The Prince and his Princess or was it King and Queen, have both shuffled off to another far away land.

The "Principality of Hutt River" is no longer, since it went bust, belly up, karboom.
The Prince and his Princess or was it King and Queen, have both shuffled off to another far away land.
I feel I should pick up the baton and form the Princely Ponderosal Empire of Central Millendon and declare myself the Infallible Majestorial God Emperor King of the Realm.

My dog believes it, the Mrs not so much :laugh:

About to head off.

New production facility, New machinery. New employees to hire.......

Haven't traded this much in Ages.

JDO sold Super and Personal
DRO bought a lot in Super
TYR A LOT Yesterday bottom Personal
PLY Bought Super a few weeks ago
WBC a lot couple of months ago Personal