Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Gold Price - Where is it heading?

GLD has printed a bullish bar in last night's session, some bulls have made a charge at the fence. In tonight's session we need a big enough part of the heard to follow them so they can break through the fence and charge north, I'm ready to join the stampede with the rest of the heard and go for a wild ride to the north country.
1706611549373.png

GLD has printed a bullish bar in last night's session, some bulls have made a charge at the fence. In tonight's session we need a big enough part of the heard to follow them so they can break through the fence and charge north, I'm ready to join the stampede with the rest of the heard and go for a wild ride to the north country.
View attachment 169847

Making another attempt at 191-2 on the weekly to break out. 🤞 🤞

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 10.33.27 am.png

100%

Perhaps overs on $2050!!! Wouldn't that be rather nice...

Kind regards
rcw1

Good evening champions
Gold is good.

1706876188490.png

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
G o l d - on some resistance...either back off from here or break through ...

View attachment 169843
rcw1 feels confident, don't know where rcw1 evidence base comes from though other than gut feel which really doesn't justify an opinion ... anyways ...

Do say though always held the belief if the PoG managed to stay above that magic US 2k then that would improve the likelihood of gold prices shifting more often than not into a much higher threshold and then on and on and on from then ..
Funny thing is, the more that rcw1 said this the more rcw1 believes it ha ha ha ha; consequently much prefer no mans land country greater than US 2K

Have a very nice evening some Doors to think about:

Kind regards
rcw1

Leveled out since highs started back in 10 Oct 23. Riding the 50MA. Looking for highs of 2100, But I think it may have exhausted all its resources. And what goes up must come down??

1706911033574.png

Just keep an eye on this chart:

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 12.30.40 PM.png

This is a 20yr chart.

What it shows is the pivot away from buying UST as FX reserves and shifting into gold.

The BRICS are never coming back. Never.

There are constant newswires about cross-border settlements in local currencies, rather than USD. If you don't need USD, you don't need UST.

What you do want is gold.

jog on
duc

Yes, I don't agree with pessimism on a one bar post, following an expected announcement. My outlook on Gold has not changed since my recent underlying outlook about which much else investing pivots for me. Each to their own.

I was just thinking about Gold and I’ll use one of @Sean K ’s charts to illustrate my thinking.

View attachment 169459

A burst up to $USD3000 is on the cards as a medium to high possibility given the long length Gold has stayed at about $USD2000.

A fall to $USD1800 is possible but unlikely. A fall to $USD1600 is unlikely and highly improbable. I would be very interested at both those levels should they ever be seen again.

gg

gg

Yes, I don't agree with pessimism on a one bar post, following an expected announcement. My outlook on Gold has not changed since my recent underlying outlook about which much else investing pivots for me. Each to their own.

gg

Looking at a weekly chart can sometimes be a good distance to step back for a fresh look. It's far enough back to see the big picture and still be able to see what's happening right now.
1706963915734.png
Zooming in;
1706964003317.png

Looking at a weekly chart can sometimes be a good distance to step back for a fresh look. It's far enough back to see the big picture and still be able to see what's happening right now.
View attachment 170155
Zooming in;
View attachment 170156
Looking at the last chart, what I see..step back..is a 185 floor and a slide broken so just using gutfeels, and outside any external event (like coming nuke use by the brits in Ukraine, China invasion of Taiwan, etc), it is going up now

Looking at the last chart, what I see..step back..is a 185 floor and a slide broken so just using gutfeels, and outside any external event (like coming nuke use by the brits in Ukraine, China invasion of Taiwan, etc), it is going up now

That's what most people are hoping and a lot of people online have been saying. I can't see any reason why I shouldn't agree with them but I've learnt to keep my expectations in check and trust in what I see a market doing, my best expectations have been proven wrong more than once.

Of course, how a person decides to trade depends on their time frame and how they are hedged.

That's what most people are hoping and a lot of people online have been saying. I can't see any reason why I shouldn't agree with them but I've learnt to keep my expectations in check and trust in what I see a market doing, my best expectations have been proven wrong more than once.

Of course, how a person decides to trade depends on their time frame and how they are hedged.
Of course, not buying more but not selling at this stage is my position

the Brits have allegedly deployed deleted uranium core ( tank ) ammunition in Ukraine

if those shells get used ..... don't expect Russia to be forgiving ( to Ukraine or the UK )

China doesn't need to invade Taiwan , it has the majority of Taiwan's trade , it can tariff and restrict imports/exports

the Brits have allegedly deployed deleted uranium core ( tank ) ammunition in Ukraine

if those shells get used ..... don't expect Russia to be forgiving ( to Ukraine or the UK )

China doesn't need to invade Taiwan , it has the majority of Taiwan's trade , it can tariff and restrict imports/exports
I think that should read depleted rather than deleted.
Mick