Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ELECTIONS - Labor or Liberal

Who do you think will win the next election Labor or Liberal?

• Labor (Kevin Rudd)

Votes: 221 51.8%
  • Liberal (John Howard)

Votes: 206 48.2%

• Total voters
Sure it was baby boomers mostly Inherited there wealth, you didnt work for a 500k home you worked for a 80k home, the boom did all the work.

22pc Interest rates, personally id like those times to return.

Good on you for your charitable work.

Where are all these Bikies on the Dole that you speak of ? Does the dole pay enough now a days to buy Drugs , Alcohol, rent , motorcycles and petrol, wow thats awesome, where do i sign up ? This is what im talking about with typical baby boomer mindsets.
I shall defer to your superior sociological understanding and breadth of experience.

Well said!

Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward; karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others.

what the hell are you on about? go back to reading 'the secret' mate. Maybe the universe will deal you a better head:bonk::banghead:

Cheers:D

what the hell are you on about? go back to reading 'the secret' mate. Maybe the universe will deal you a better head:bonk::banghead:

Cheers:D

I can handle your insults safe in the knowledge that you will someday come back as a lesser being.

But i think you should apologise to chops-a-must for the unwarranted calling a Nutjob and stupid. Is that how you communicate with people in society or just when you get to hide behind a computer screen ?

Failing that a chill pill may be of assistance.

But i think you should apologise to chops-a-must for the unwarranted calling a Nutjob and stupid. Is that how you communicate with people in society or just when you get to hide behind a computer screen ?
Did he?

I don't remember that. Technically, he is correct with the nutjob comment, but not with the stupid comment. I'd say the opposite of one is the reason for the other. :rolleyes:

IMO your a nut job if at those rates you didn't lock it in, no matter what anyone says. Moral to the story is, stop blaming others for your own stupid decisions.:2twocents

So as a Howard supporter, you believe things in a way totally contrary to Howard?

But I'm not stupid enough to buy overvalued property at the top of a cycle. And wont be for a long time (buying property that is, not stupid). Buying a house in the last few years is nothing but stupid.

So as a Howard supporter, you believe things in a way totally contrary to Howard?

But I'm not stupid enough to buy overvalued property at the top of a cycle. And wont be for a long time (buying property that is, not stupid). Buying a house in the last few years is nothing but stupid.

Are you a Rudd supporter or just anti Howard out of interest. Actually are most on here Anti Howard or Rudd supporters?

I'm anti-polititions. We can only but hope for some kind of bird flu that targets only those in 'the house' :p:

You know somethings wrong when both labor and liberals are basically the same.You know somethings really wrong when the leaders of both partys start looking the same.If Rudds eyebrows start filling out I'm outa here.

anyone see downer on lateline?
i just wanna smash him.

heres a question for costello
do you think honesty is a requirement for high office?

Buying a house in the last few years is nothing but stupid.
Depends on your reason for buying. Agreed if it's as a long term investment since there were certainly better options to buy things that were under or at least fairly valued rather than over valued.

But if it's just a house to live in then it could be argued that it's just another form of consumption spending. Computers, new cars, any TV or similar device, current CD's, in-fashion clothing and so on are always over valued relative to likely future prices just a few months away but that won't stop most people from buying them just because they are absolutely a dud investment. :2twocents

Are you a Rudd supporter or just anti Howard out of interest. Actually are most on here Anti Howard or Rudd supporters?
Neither. I'm just in favour of long term thinking over short termism.

It's sad that there are so few examples of progressive leadership in Australian politics. Only two come to mind in recent decades.

1. Paul Keating for his economic reforms which, despite inflicting great pain at the time thus risking the government's re-election, laid the foundations for at least some of the prosperity we now enjoy.

2. Tasmanian premier Eric Reece (Labor) who lead the state throughout the 1960's. A consistent policy of minimising current expenditure and investing practically every last cent into infrastructure and then using that infrastructure to attract wealth creating industry saw the state prosper economically. Indeed by some measures Tasmania was ahead of Queensland and WA in absolute (not population adjusted) terms during that era. To this day, a large portion of Tasmania's exports relate directly to decisons made by the Reece government.

Worth noting that even subsequent Liberal governments freely proclaimed Reece as by far the state's greatest leader with the Greens being his only real critic, though even their criticism relates largely to a single issue. Another notable feature (so I am told by a former ABC news employee) was his lack of minders, spin doctors and the like.

As for Howard, I'm not against him or the Liberals but Howard just doesn't rate in terms of actually having done anything much progressive and visionary IMO. Watching interest rates fluctuate around the world and encouraging speculation over production doesn't fit my definition of leadership. It is purely coincidental that both the examples above are Labor - I've certainly been known to vote Liberal (and Labor) in the past depending on the circumstances at the time and will likely vote for both at various times in the future (depending on what happens of course). :2twocents

I can handle your insults safe in the knowledge that you will someday come back as a lesser being.
:eek3: sure your on the right forum?

I think chops knows that wasnt directed at him, weve both been around long enough to know that. It was a general comment directed at those who didnt lock their interest rate in at say 5.5% - 6%, how much lower did they expect it to go?
Oh, and yes I would say this to people if they were winging about how their interest rate went from 5.5% a few years ago to 8% now. Like I say it would be very silly if you didnt lock them in at those sort of rates.
By the way, the reason I used the word nutjob was because your 'the secret' style of posts reminded me of The Chasers nutjob of the week, the one where the nutjob for the week was 'the secret'. So it was at the back of my mind at the time.

Failing that a chill pill may be of assistance.
Im fine, no problems here. Im simply joining in on the forum. On the other hand your the one going on about kama and all sorts of rubbish that has nothing to do with the conversation. I think your the one that has been taking pills and their definitly not 'chill' pills.:emp::aliena:

Cheers

Edit: anyone here thinking that this guy might be the son of Bullmarket?... 'numbercruncher, I am your father'

Julia, Mint Man... I don't think your man in the lodge is listening to what you have to say...

JOHN HOWARD has warned Coalition MPs and senators to resist from blaming the housing affordability crisis on people aspiring to have bigger and better homes than their parents.

In a party room address yesterday the Prime Minister said it was "very important that we do not lecture people about their expectations".

"We are an affluent society and we shouldn't be telling young upwardly mobile people that they want too much."

"Lets look at how we can help them achieve their dreams," he said.

Oh dear...

Julia, Mint Man... I don't think your man in the lodge is listening to what you have to say...

Oh dear...
Rafa, I'm disappointed to say that my views about our fearless leader are diminishing daily. Plus the latest revelation about Costello's confidences to journalists confirming further how little he comprehends about trust and loyalty.
I'm still not ready to vote Labor, but I was particularly disgusted with John Howard's announcement of funding for the Tasmanian hospital which is pure politicking (is that a word?) and not at all in the interests of good medical care. Ditto his offer to fund referenda on the Council amalgamations here in Qld. It won't affect the outcome (legislation has now been passed) but was a clear attempt to wedge federal Labor and buy votes.

Your "oh dear" is well founded. We have more months of this to come, sadly.

i must admit... i am sick and tired of politics in general, and in particular this blame game politics of the howard variety...

This Hospital issue / Queensland council issue has cause to me look at this from another angle...

I will be voting labour simply so that we DO get wall to wall labour govts... then there is no excuses. They will have 3 years to sort out the mess... if they stuff up, this will be the last time they get my vote.

Do i expect them to succeed... NO, simply becuase all Politicians are useless... But I am willing to give them a chance simply becuase voting for the libs, with labor holding states, means there is no end in sight for this buck passing...

i must admit... i am sick and tired of politics in general, and in particular this blame game politics of the howard variety...

This Hospital issue / Queensland council issue has cause to me look at this from another angle...

I will be voting labour simply so that we DO get wall to wall labour govts... then there is no excuses. They will have 3 years to sort out the mess... if they stuff up, this will be the last time they get my vote.

Do i expect them to succeed... NO, simply becuase all Politicians are useless... But I am willing to give them a chance simply becuase voting for the libs, with labor holding states, means there is no end in sight for this buck passing...

Yes would hope they could actually work together.Hopefully not stuff things up more and then raise the gst.