Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Does anybody here watch the Aunty?

thanks chops - funny funny show that NT ;)

Wasn't the best I had seen, but not bad.

I think this clip has the best part of the series so far. "Pervez Musharef defends claims of vote rigging, saying, '298% of voters can't be wrong.'"

And the interview with Edmund Hilary... Classic...

lol - you only have to watch 5 mins and you get to the bit on Marion Jones etc..

that website of yours is obviously amended each Wednesday night to replay the most recent one all week...
http://programs.sbs.com.au/newstopia/

Misty Schreiber, so in a field of 48 in the 100 metres, you came out ... 48th
47th Shaun - if you take out Marion Jones ..
and who knows how many more drug cheats will come out of the woodwork in the next 10 15 20 years-
I'm quietly confident I'll probably end up winning gold ;)

and Robert Mugabe, ahh great stuff

Attachments

• misty1.jpg
    misty1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 234
lol - you only have to watch 5 mins and you get to the bit on Marion Jones etc..

that website of yours is obviously amended each Wednesday night to replay the most recent one all week...

Misty Schreiber, so in a field of 48 in the 100 metres, you came out ... 48th
47th Shaun - if you take out Marion Jones ..
and who knows how many more drug cheats will come out of the woodwork in the next 10 15 20 years-
I'm quietly confident I'll probably end up winning gold ;)

and Robert Mugabe, ahh great stuff

Lol! I hope you caught tonight's. First 5 minutes again was great.

I'm still waiting for John Howard to make an appearance on the 'Tyrant's and Their Pets' series.

Was also good to see Milo Kerrigan making a comeback. Lol!

You gotta watch Fred Dagg (ABC tonite lol)

I remember Fred Dagg very well from when I was living in NZ. It was in the relatively early days of television and I think there was just the one channel.
It was ultra conservative in every way, e.g. the newsreaders spoke with a BBC accent and wore dinner suits to read the news. Fred Dagg seemed hugely funny then, still makes me smile now. Wish there were more John Clarke's in the world.

Some other Kiwis might also remember Lynn of Tawa?

hey wassies
Sleek Geeks is definitely worth a watch (Adam Spencer and Dr Karl Kruszelnicki )
especially if you're interested in hypnosis and/or memory tests ;)
Sleek Geeks Time: Thursday, January 10, 8.00pmChannel: ABCDuration: 30 minutesRating: GType: DocumentaryFormat: Closed Captions The Geeks set out to unravel some of the mind's mysteries and how it works

PS the hypnosis is brillinat - this lady definitely qualifies as a Manchurian Candidate lol. (continues to send postcards for a week without knowing why :confused:)

SO EASY TO give up smoking !!
My mate had hypnosis. was told that every time he looked at a cigarette, he would see worms coming out the end - and sure enough he gave up, easy as.

CHOPS!
very necro, but cacked at the %298 of voters Youtube...

Good posts here from you, 2020 and others.

Back on topic though, I watch the aunty and loved the show on John E Mack a couple of nights ago, though I lament the passing of such an insightful academic human...

Do any kiwis watch Outrageous Fortunes? This is kiwi drama at it's best. "Lyin' in the gutter, I cut the cord from my mudder". :)

Anyone watch Spooks? This is spy drama at it's best, a lot better than 24.

I remember Fred Dagg very well from when I was living in NZ. It was in the relatively early days of television and I think there was just the one channel.
It was ultra conservative in every way, e.g. the newsreaders spoke with a BBC accent and wore dinner suits to read the news. Fred Dagg seemed hugely funny then, still makes me smile now. Wish there were more John Clarke's in the world.

A Eureka moment! We agree!

tonight - (10 minutes time )
Cutting Edge
Tuesday, February 5, 8.30pm
Channel: SBS
Duration: 60 minutes
Type: Current Affairs

East Timor, the Asian tsunami, the Bali and Jakarta bombings, the Bali Nine... it seems Australians have heard more about Indonesia in the past few years than ever before.

Looks interesting .
I must admit I am constantly amazed at the number of stories linking Aus with Indon - often 20 going concurrently - and how the leaders seem to be able to steer through the barbed wire entanglement :2twocents

If anyone is into really intelligent comedy, make sure you watch Micallef's Newstopia on 10.00pm, Wednesday nights on SBS. I'm expecting some really funny election based stuff tonight.

You can also get a look at last week's episode here:

chops - don't forget Shaun Micallef's back this week ;)

He says it's the first time he's had a repeat of one of his many series.
Heard him interviewed today - some of his early shows were not all that... err... challenging ;)

But he's a lawyer btw . :2twocents

Full Frontal Milo Kerrigan hosts the weather

Full Frontal Milo Kerrigan Ballet Instructor

chops - don't forget Shaun Micallef's back this week ;)

He says it's the first time he's had a repeat of one of his many series.
Heard him interviewed today - some of his early shows were not all that... err... challenging ;)

But he's a lawyer btw . :2twocents

Full Frontal Milo Kerrigan hosts the weather

Full Frontal Milo Kerrigan Ballet Instructor

I'm pretty sure there was more than one series of The Micallef Programme. Geez... that show was his best work, and incredibly funny. Check it out if you haven't already. A very intelligent man.

Good to read your musings again though mate. ;)

south aussies
great "Australian Story "
about Nicole Cornes
gee but she was given a rough time by the press :eek:

Some would say deservedly so. To be sold to the S.A. people as a viable political representative for them when she was either excruciatingly underprepared, or a complete dill, or both, is insulting to them. The media's job is surely to expose that.

I think that most South Australians would be in shock that so much (or any) taxpayers money was spent on this program about Nicole.

God help politics in Australia.
I will leave my comments at that.

well it was news to me to find
a) that she was law student
b) that she's a damned site more intellligent than she was made out to be by very selective editing of interviews by a hostile press - so selective in everything that was edited in and out about her confrontations with them
c) that she was abused as a five-year-old by a family friend, and carrying a lot of scars because her grandma didn't believe her :eek:
- and recently looked the bastard in the eye in court - yesss!
d) i.e. she had her own problems despite a brave exterior during the election campaign
e) that she wants to work for justice for the "oppressed"

In short, I found it a real eye-opener. And (a bit like media watch) , interesting to see the abuse of "power/influence" that the media are capable of (just imo) :2twocents

well it was news to me to find
a) that she was law student
So???

b) that she's a damned site more intellligent than she was made out to be by very selective editing of interviews by a hostile press - so selective in everything that was edited in and out about her confrontations with them
They can't edit what wasn't there.

c) that she was abused as a five-year-old by a family friend, and carrying a lot of scars because her grandma didn't believe her :eek:
- and recently looked the bastard in the eye in court - yesss!
Like thousands of us. What does this have to do with her suitability as a candidate?

d) i.e. she had her own problems despite a brave exterior during the election campaign
And I suppose she was the only person with any sort of personal problems?

I agee with Boggo. The ABC produces some great stuff. The dollars spent on this woman could actually have been used to do something worthwhile.