Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Does anybody here watch the Aunty?

hey WAssies - this show is worth a try ...
Political profiling
the first major psychological analysis of a political leader (Hitler) - and the CIA have been doing it ever since (including Suaddam Hussain)
As It Happened : Inside the Mind of Adolf Hitler
Time: Friday, August 24, 8:35 PM
Channel: SBS
Duration: 55 minutes
Rating: M
Type: Documentary

At the height of the WWII, with the future of the world hanging in the balance, understanding enemy thinking was of supreme importance. This looks back at how American's tried to predict how it would end, by getting inside the mind of Hitler. The psychologists found a disturbing cocktail of abuse, obsession and sexual perversion in Hitler's childhood and family relationships. The documentary also examines whether the analysis of Hitler's mind in 1943 can stand up to modern scrutiny. Internationally renowned expert in political profiling, Dr Post, critically examines the document, and discusses how this project was the catalyst for the CIA profiling unit that he established in the 1970s.

hey WAssies - this show is worth a try ...
Political profiling
the first major psychological analysis of a political leader (Hitler) - and the CIA have been doing it ever since (including Suddam Hussain)
As It Happened : Inside the Mind of Adolf Hitler
Time: Friday, August 24, 8:35 PM
Channel: SBS
Duration: 55 minutes
Rating: M
Type: Documentary

At the height of the WWII, with the future of the world hanging in the balance, understanding enemy thinking was of supreme importance. This looks back at how American's tried to predict how it would end, by getting inside the mind of Hitler. The psychologists found a disturbing cocktail of abuse, obsession and sexual perversion in Hitler's childhood and family relationships. The documentary also examines whether the analysis of Hitler's mind in 1943 can stand up to modern scrutiny. Internationally renowned expert in political profiling, Dr Post, critically examines the document, and discusses how this project was the catalyst for the CIA profiling unit that he established in the 1970s.

Did anyone watch Chris Lilley's new show - Summer Heights High on Wednesday night?

He is great. One of the best comic talents in Australia.

Cheers

Duckman

Hilarious to see the Chaser's mob get through 2 security points before being caught. They might well have done the NSW police force a big favour by showing how they're not up to scratch. Funny also to see Chas dressed up as Bin Laden. Their ratings might now even go up even further. Security is over the top in NSW for this particular event.

Did anyone see the Doco tonight on The Catalpa Rescue?

I thought it was brilliant. Always good to see something enthralling in local history.

I saw that Chops, amazing courage against the odds.

Risk/Reward would have been hard to calculate on that.

You can see why those Paddies have always won their country back from every take-over that has happened over many centuries, sheer determination and an all or nothing approach.

Mike

wassies
- great shows tonight ...
catalyst...
a) meth / ice (brilliant)
b) dinasaur skeleton in qld (take it or leave it)
c) global warming scientist (v good)

then
"the ten pound p[oms "
bludy brilliant ;)

nice concluding comment from that global warming scientist ..

"we shouldn't be conducting what is an obviously uncontrolled experiment on the earth's atmosphere" :eek::eek3::eek:

I would be very rich if I had a $ for every time the cheese & kisses said.. "What's on Channel 2?". So much so that she has accepted that if she goes to the pearly gates before me, I can get the phrase included on her tombstomb.

Seriously, though there is a fair amount of violence and rubbish on the commercials so what choice do I have?

Great interview of ex Solicitor Andrew Fraser by Andrew Denton this week

Great interview of ex Solicitor Andrew Fraser by Andrew Denton this week
yep was a beauty wasn't it ..

a severe sentence (6 years when he was expecting 6 months) - possibly because he had defended criminals in the past :eek:

and he certainly doesn't like drugs ;)

Likewise great interview with Terri Irwin.
(defending Bindi's multi-faceted role in the wild life warriors, school etc etc )
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/29/2072726.htm

Difference of Opinion ..
subject ..Global Warming
FANTASTIC !! ;)
(wassies - in 1 hour
and queenslanders - now! )
I particularly liked the 20 year old girl who represented "the future" :)

Difference of Opinion ;)
tonight ABC (wassies)
(I particularly agreed with the Greens candidate from ACT who pointed out that Johnny's downfall was arguably his winning both houses)

Has anyone been watching "The Librarians" which has taken the place of "Summer Heights High". Pretty funny, especially the lead actor, the Head Librarian, Frances O'Brien.
Nowhere near as good as Summer Heights High, though, which for me was the highlight of the viewing year. Best parody I've ever seen.

Has anyone been watching "The Librarians" which has taken the place of "Summer Heights High". Pretty funny, especially the lead actor, the Head Librarian, Frances O'Brien.
Nowhere near as good as Summer Heights High, though, which for me was the highlight of the viewing year. Best parody I've ever seen.

Hi Julia

Yes I've been watching it. The first episode showed so much promise but it has fallen away slightly. But I have been enjoying it all the same. As much as Fran is a pain in the bum, racist, self-absorbed little Hitler I can't help but feel some empathy for her. A little like David Brent in The Office.

The Library is all she has - we are learning that she is in a marriage to a man she doesn't love (and never has) and feels as if her whole life has been about playing second fiddle to others and never getting the recognition she feels she deserves. To me the secret to The Office was being able to cringe at David but silently feel for him and I'm seeing that with Fran!!

As for Summer Heights High - I really liked it, but not nearly as much as We Can Be Heroes. I thought only having 3 primary characters slightly weakened the series. With 5 main characters in WCBH it was kept fresh. For me there needed one more character thread in each episode - for example a school gardener or janitor. Just to give Jonah, Mr G and Jonah a rest. But who am I to complain...Chris Lilley is a huge talent.

Duckman

This documentary is on the sexier public broadcaster, SBS.

My Penis And Everybody Else's

In his last film, My Penis And I, Lawrence Barraclough went on an incredibly personal journey, as he overcame insecurities about the size of his manhood. Lawrence realised that the problem wasn't in his trousers, it was in his head. The film became a huge talking point for a subject that is often avoided, and Lawrence now wants to take his journey further - to help other men do the same.

My Penis And Everybody Else's will challenge society's stereotypes of masculinity, as well as getting to the heart of why men are so fixated with their members. Emotional, revelatory, and intensely engaging, this film will take on one of society's last taboos, and culminate in one of the most daring exhibitions ever seen in the UK, as Lawrence puts together the world's largest collection of penis portraiture ever seen! ! (From the UK, in English) (Documentary)

Duration (mins) 65
Date of broadcast 30/11/2007
Channel SBS
Price: AUD54.95
including GST

http://www20.sbs.com.au/whatson/?date=2007-11-30&channelID=1

As for Summer Heights High - I really liked it, but not nearly as much as We Can Be Heroes. I thought only having 3 primary characters slightly weakened the series. With 5 main characters in WCBH it was kept fresh. For me there needed one more character thread in each episode - for example a school gardener or janitor. Just to give Jonah, Mr G and Jonah a rest. But who am I to complain...Chris Lilley is a huge talent.

Duckman
If anyone is into really intelligent comedy, make sure you watch Micallef's Newstopia on 10.00pm, Wednesday nights on SBS. I'm expecting some really funny election based stuff tonight.

Might be right up your alley 2020. ;)

You can also get a look at last week's episode here:

http://programs.sbs.com.au/newstopia/

It was pretty good, particularly the first 5 minutes.

If anyone is into really intelligent comedy, make sure you watch Micallef's Newstopia on 10.00pm, Wednesday nights on SBS. I'm expecting some really funny election based stuff tonight.

Might be right up your alley 2020. ;)

You can also get a look at last week's episode here:

http://programs.sbs.com.au/newstopia/

It was pretty good, particularly the first 5 minutes.
hell that's hilarious man lol
- on soon - ;)
cheers