Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

August 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

Joe Blow

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
Good morning everyone and welcome to the August 2024 stock tipping competition! :)

The August 2024 stock tipping competition is proudly sponsored by TradingView, a charting platform and social network used by 50M+ traders and investors worldwide to spot opportunities across global markets.
  • Technical analysis done right with 400+ built-in indicators and strategies, 100,000+ public indicators, 110+ smart drawing tools, Volume Profile indicators, Candlestick patterns recognition, Multi-timeframe analysis and Auto Chart Patterns.
  • Never miss a trade with powerful, flexible and ultra-precise trading alerts that can be created directly from charts. Cloud-based, they are available on any device and can be powered by Pine Script®.
  • Perform comprehensive financial analysis with an extensive array of fundamental data for all major stock exchanges including 100+ fundamentals, financial reports, valuation analysis and historical data.
  • Simulate real trading right on your chart. Test ready-made or self-written strategies in real-time based on historical data.
Sign up through a link at ASF to receive $15 off the price of your first subscription. :xyxthumbs

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entry and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

0824start.jpg

only 3 in positive territory

There are 3 positive tips, 15 negative tips and 9 break-even tips.
11.11% of all entries are currently returning a profit.

...a 2 per cent drop today will do that

at 11am on day 2
1.SdajiiDEL
0.069​
0.006​
2.farmergeWHK
0.015​
0.001​
3.CratonPTX
0.041​
0.001​

only 3 in positive territory

There are 3 positive tips, 15 negative tips and 9 break-even tips.
11.11% of all entries are currently returning a profit.

...a 2 per cent drop today will do that

at 11am on day 2
1.SdajiiDEL
0.069​
0.006​
2.farmergeWHK
0.015​
0.001​
3.CratonPTX
0.041​
0.001​

I manage to get to #1 on the first day so much more often than the last day. If we ran 1 day competitions I'd really clean up. Wasn't surprising I couldn't hold the position until the end of the second day. Not a bad effort just being green for this weekend though.

I manage to get to #1 on the first day so much more often than the last day. If we ran 1 day competitions I'd really clean up. Wasn't surprising I couldn't hold the position until the end of the second day. Not a bad effort just being green for this weekend though.
So, the day's trading for the Competition finished a little better with 6 positives, 14 break evens and 7 in the doldrums.

...updated at 11:00 AM on 5th August 2024.

There are 2 positive tips, 19 negative tips and 6 break-even tips.

7.41% of all entries are currently returning a profit.

- Monday is now a 3% down day, and Friday not too healthy, either . Wipeout.
🏄‍♂️

...updated at 11:00 AM on 5th August 2024.

There are 2 positive tips, 19 negative tips and 6 break-even tips.

7.41% of all entries are currently returning a profit.

- Monday is now a 3% down day, and Friday not too healthy, either . Wipeout.
🏄‍♂️

wipeout for you , nearly chicken dinner for me, am close to my buying price for my selection

if i get the price i will be a relatively happy chappy in the cellar with my own bottle of Guinness 😉

...Last updated at 4:10 PM on 5th August 2024.

There is 1 positive tip, 21 negative tips and 5 break-even tips.

3.70% of all entries are currently returning a profit.

as lonely as can be:
1.rcm617STK
0.096​
0.002​

I'm right slap bang in the middle of the field again. 13 ahead of me and 13 behind. This is very difficult to achieve.

There definitely should be a prize for this.

gg
@Garpal Gumnut Approaches have been made to management in regard to gg's forthright claim for finishing in the centre of the monthly comp.
It has been suggested that an elephant stamp on each hand should be sufficient.!!!!!!!🐘🐘

The August Comp is not looking that flash 7 days into the Month. Only 2 today with a green tinge, which I guess gives the rest of us wanabees a reasonable chance of a top 3 finish or that stay in the cellar.

The August Comp is not looking that flash 7 days into the Month. Only 2 today with a green tinge, which I guess gives the rest of us wanabees a reasonable chance of a top 3 finish or that stay in the cellar.
and by close of trade: There is 1 positive tip, 22 negative tips and 4 break-even tips.

Last updated at 04:10 PM on 7th August 2024.