Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

May 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

Sorry for the delay in posting the results for the May competition. I have had an unexpectedly busy weekend.

Congratulations to @Garpal Gumnut, @thmpl, and @greggles for taking out the top three spots in the May 2024 stock tipping competition! :xyxthumbs

Garpal Gumnut finished in first place with an excellent 33.33% return with KNB. In second place was thmpl who achieved an impressive 32.35% with SYA. Rounding out the top three for May was greggles who selected RNX, which returned a very handy 27.78%.

Can @Garpal Gumnut, @thmpl, and @greggles please contact me via PM regarding their prizes.

Best of luck to all in the June competition!

Here are the final results for May:

0524end.jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting the results for the May competition. I have had an unexpectedly busy weekend.

Congratulations to @Garpal Gumnut, @thmpl, and @greggles for taking out the top three spots in the May 2024 stock tipping competition! :xyxthumbs

Garpal Gumnut finished in first place with an excellent 33.33% return with KNB. In second place was thmpl who achieved an impressive 32.35% with SYA. Rounding out the top three for May was greggles who selected RNX, which returned a very handy 27.78%.

Can @Garpal Gumnut, @thmpl, and @greggles please contact me via PM regarding their prizes.

View attachment 178028
Congratulations to @Garpal Gumnut, well done , another bull's eye

good work to @thmpl, and @greggles

a tight race for the top four spots

@IvoryWolf grabbed the Wooden Spoon despite my earnest attempts to grab a second one

but i bought some of my target at a reasonable entry point so am less disappointed than usual

good fun everybody

and good luck for the June competition

View attachment 178028
Thanks Joe,

A tenth of a cent either way would have changed the positions of the first four members in the May competition. I encourage all members to enter as it adds spice to ASF and investing. I guess we are all children at heart and competitive.

I have used a dart for my pick in June but to even the playing field will give the darts away for the rest of 2024 from July. I will just use my knowledge of the market, sectors, bonds, stocks, currencies, treasury, rates and derivatives, and technical analysis, to pick a Competition stock from July onwards . This should ensure that I join the motley crew further down the table towards the bottom until 2025.

All the best investing and competition wins for the rest of 2024 to my fellow members on ASF.

And thanks to @Joe Blow for the hard work keeping the crew in line and sponsoring the competition.

gg

Thanks Joe,

A tenth of a cent either way would have changed the positions of the first four members in the May competition. I encourage all members to enter as it adds spice to ASF and investing. I guess we are all children at heart and competitive.

I have used a dart for my pick in June but to even the playing field will give the darts away for the rest of 2024 from July. I will just use my knowledge of the market, sectors, bonds, stocks, currencies, treasury, rates and derivatives, and technical analysis, to pick a Competition stock from July onwards . This should ensure that I join the motley crew further down the table towards the bottom until 2025.

All the best investing and competition wins for the rest of 2024 to my fellow members on ASF.

And thanks to @Joe Blow for the hard work keeping the crew in line and sponsoring the competition.

gg
@Garpal Gumnut gg so happy that you are putting the dart and dartboard aside for the remaining 6 months.
This gives some other poor, deranged soul the chance of throwing a dart to get a better performance thereon in.🎯🤣

There seems to be a drop-off in entries recently and familiar names are absent. And, fewer posts on speccies, especially in mining exploration. Mere coincidence?