Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ARU - Arafura Rare Earths

I was wondering if anyone was still following this one, and if anyone thinks that ARU will pick up later in 2007-2008?

I was wondering why the sudden slide in ARU and a perhaps a bold prediction of its price in say 12 months. Any opinions are appreciated.

Trading Halt for ARU. Anyone know the reason for this? The sp of recent months has been on a steady incline.

Popy, we should know by monday re the trading halt. Judging by the recent volume there were no leaks re the announcement. It could be good or bad I have seen both in this type of thing on the ASX. The common view as expressed on HotCopper is that it will be good, I would agree with that. The reason being the company has released good anns recently re vanadium, I would have thought a Trading Halt following a string of bad results would have me thinking that maybe might be negative. Anyway we will find out soon enough ....

Seems the recent announcements have helped push the SP back up, should start seeing this rise later this Qtr.

Well after the small hiccup that the share market had it seems that ARU is finally picking up in SP. Any good announcement will see the SP push back to around the $2.20 mark.

I would like to add it is up 24% today

Well after the small hiccup that the share market had it seems that ARU is finally picking up in SP. Any good announcement will see the SP push back to around the $2.20 mark.

I would like to add it is up 24% today

I don't get enthusiastic anymore the way the market is at present,one day its up 24% the next down 30%, I just leave them in the bottom drawer :rolleyes:

cheers laurie

Just leave this one in the draw for a couple of years. Things are progressing and mangement are doing their job and now Arafura has been mentioned in the Dimes report in the USA as well.

Anybody have any idea about the reason for today's dramatic sp. collapse (down 20% today, at time of writing)? Was the REO pricing really that bad?

exgeo. their is a lot of talk on HC about the reasons for the collapse. Basically the market doesn't like the PF just released. Too many assumptions, to much finance needed and timeframes too long. For me it all hinges on the price they get for their basket of REE and judging by the increase in usuage of REE in high tech I think it will come back with a venegence!

anyone re-looking at ARU now Rare Earth prices are through the roof...

there was a large volume day the other day and they got issued a speeding ticket

anyone re-looking at ARU now Rare Earth prices are through the roof...

there was a large volume day the other day and they got issued a speeding ticket

ARU announcement out. Just digesting it however all looks to be good news.

All we need now is for the market to wake up to the obvious, being rare earths and the immense potential of Nolans Bore. ARU is extremely well placed to take advantage of the next good thing.

have been going through some of the numbers of ARU again and its looking pretty good reading the latest report the current figures stick out.

Revenue from all Nolans Projects Products at current prices is US$575 million pa
-Rare Earth US$300mil
-Phosphoric acid US$200mil
-Calcium Chloride US$40mil
-Uranium oxide US$25mil

with a current Mkt Cap = $189.3 mil.
18.6million tonnes of resources which is expected to have a life span of 20years+

Maybe thats why the price is heading up again, the mine is getting closer and with a revenue of 575mil there has got to be an up size.

have been going through some of the numbers of ARU again and its looking pretty good reading the latest report the current figures stick out.

Revenue from all Nolans Projects Products at current prices is US$575 million pa
-Rare Earth US$300mil
-Phosphoric acid US$200mil
-Calcium Chloride US$40mil
-Uranium oxide US$25mil

with a current Mkt Cap = $189.3 mil.
18.6million tonnes of resources which is expected to have a life span of 20years+

Maybe thats why the price is heading up again, the mine is getting closer and with a revenue of 575mil there has got to be an up size.

I originally entered ARU purely for the rare earths as a long term hold. As if the REE wasn't good enough (and it is), the phosphoric acid is a major bonus. Also good potential for Ni, if they achieve this as well ARU will be a very profitable hold for my super.

I always thought the sell down following last years announcement of the Nolans Bore DFS was a major overeaction. However I followed it and an excellent entry point eventually presented itself, pays to be patient :D

http://fw.farmonline.com.au/news/na...-hope-for-fertiliser-price-relief/771771.aspx

In part:

NT mine offers hope for fertiliser price relief
BY COLIN BETTLES
16/05/2008 1:57:00 PM
An Australian mining company will produce an essential ingredient in fertiliser production that could soon help ease the pressure on local fertiliser supply and pricing.
Perth-based Arafura Resources is advanced with its plans to establish a new mine 135km north of Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.

The project will dig rare earths and phosphate from the ground and produce phosphoric acid from a downstream processing plant.

The acid is a co-product of Arafura's processing plant and an important product in the fertilisers' manufacture.

In Australia, phosphoric acid use is confined to phosphate fertiliser production for use in broadacre cropping.

Arafura plans to supply the product to local fertiliser manufacturers to assist with production on farms mainly in WA, South Australia, Victoria and NSW.

I haven't been following ARU for a while but is ARU going to go into this alone I was under the impression and I stand to be corrected that they were looking for a J/V y/n?

cheers laurie

I haven't been following ARU for a while but is ARU going to go into this alone I was under the impression and I stand to be corrected that they were looking for a J/V y/n?

cheers laurie

I believe you may be right, either that or finance/cap raising will be required to initially develop Nolans Bore. Considering they only have approximately 145m shares on issue this won't harm the SP in my opinion.

i thought i keep this a little topical for all those missing out, as for some reason like last time i followed this stock there didnt seem to be much coverage.

over the last 3 weeks ARU has now climbed from 75c to a high of $1.47 today and at the rate it has been climbing i personaly will see it hitting its old highs.

This is a solid resource which only thing which has been against it is time, Thats what brought the sp down lastime. the mine was going to be 2011-2012 and it got changed to 2012-2013. Looks like everyone that jump ship last year are getting back on board.

Just my thoughts DYOR.

Looks like i was wrong about this one, although one could not blame me, this market has taken its toll on nearly everything.

I missed the last announcement made by ARU.
It has confirmed what i first thought when i got into ARU quiet some time back.
Rare earth demand is overtaking, supply.
The REO export from china has reduced from
2004 - 48,500t
2008 - 34,156t

Demand
China 60,000t
Japan 40,000t
World 20,000-30,000t

Demand has grown from 90,000t to 122,550t 2007 and with an expected demand of 130,000-135,000. Has proven that the demand is definitely there.
China is at the beginning of its development. If BURIC is as true as people say then demand with likely grow exponentially.

REO is an important for electronic and technology the Developing world is demanding to be apart of. It is important for the Energy efficency and Green house gas reducution.
More importantly it plays an important role in Rechargeable Batteries and magnets in motors which will play an important role in the knew Energy Environment we are entering into.
It is used in LCD Plasma and CRT Screens which we all know won't reduce just increase. who doesnt want a Bigger better TV.

This is only one part of the Nolan Project.
when the market settles could be a good time to accumulate this long termer.
2012 aint that far away. Hey by then China may not even be exporting any REO.