Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ARU - Arafura Rare Earths

kennas said:
Why panem? You need to give us some reasoning in your posts, or it's just considered ramping. Cheers, Kennas

Kennas,

Don't understand how a simple statement "I am in today" commit a ramping. To be fair, when I follow your blog link, and find you giving us a list of your holdings. Does anyone consider you ramping indirectly? I guess no.

Please consider this as friendly exchange. I have no intention to question your good will.

mmmmining said:
Kennas,

Don't understand how a simple statement "I am in today" commit a ramping. To be fair, when I follow your blog link, and find you giving us a list of your holdings. Does anyone consider you ramping indirectly? I guess no.

Please consider this as friendly exchange. I have no intention to question your good will.
Hi mmmmming,

I know where you're comming from but the blog isn't the same as Joe Blows ASF. My Blog is my blog and I've just started it. You can ask me any question you like about any stock I am holding and I will give you a reason for it.

Actually, I think you will find all the reasons are here on ASF. If you follow my posts I nominate all the stocks I own and always give justification for why I have bought, or sold them. It's always just my own reasoning of course, I am no expert on anything!

So, when I get around to it, I'll have to expand my reasosn for buying the stocks I have on the blog. I have already to some degree, just by saying which industries I think are going to fare better in the short term, and why I have the managed funds I have. Perhaps you should criticise me of ramping on my blog instead of here, which I think is a little unfair. From the moment I joined this site I think I have always been objective about my, or anyone elses, stock picks. You can point out where I haven't been, please.

In regard to being a moderator on this site, I am only trying to keep up the policies of Joe, not my own, and as you have agreed to some extent, the comment made was a ramp.

I'll gladly take my blog link off this site if there's a conflict of interest....

And, I'm cool about you questioning me about this. I'm sure others might have thought the same thing. And, I appreciate you are not trying to question my good will. I have tried my hardest to be objective and reasonable on the site and assist anyone where I could. Hopefully I have value added somewhere along the line.

I have certainly got heaps off other members of ASF who know who they are. Thank you for your assistance, everywhere.

kennas

kennas said:
I'll gladly take my blog link off this site if there's a conflict of interest....
kennas
Kennas, Please don't take your blog out. It is not my attention. I would like to see more pictures of yours. We may run into each other on Melbourne street, so I can recognize you, and say Hi.

By the way, if you read Laurie's post first, "I'm in today" may appear normal.

After reading Page 13 or the latest presentation, I decide to call Gavin in ARU to clarify a couple issues:

First, I noticed that the uranium is not in the equation for cost and revenue projection. It is confirmed that extract uranium is not their focus at this moment, or the focus of their scientific research. If they can extract it in the future, its fine. They are not count on it, and not working at it as priority.

Secondly, the focus is rare earth metal. The Phosphoric acid and calcium chloride are just by products, and need marketing effort to sell it. And the process is still not commercially available.

Overall, IMHO, I guess after de-merge, ARU will not be a uranium company any more. As a rare earth company, there is a significant risk associated with the metallurgical process.

I really like the NUP's property, particularly the Lagoon Creek. I am not sure whether to hold ARU to get free NUP, or buy NUP from open market. I guss NUP might worth 60c at first day of trading (20c per ARU share). The question comes down to how much it worth for ARU without NUP, and uranium theme? I don't know.

So....what the hell is going on with ARU today?

Down 21% for the day right now.

Is there some insider news I dont know about?

I cashed in 70% of my stocks with it hit 95c a while ago. So its not that much of a big deal.

I just wanna know if I should get out now to cash in on another couple hundred profit.

Mate the stocks gone Ex Entitlement for the 1:3 Free In Specie Distribution of Nu Power shares, still I'm puzzled as if you sell on the Ex-Date you may be deregistred before the record date which is next Monday,

If I were u I'd hold till next monday to guarantee your free in-specie distribution of Nu-Power shares, it will be a cracker of a uranium IPO!

YOUNG_TRADER said:
Mate the stocks gone Ex Entitlement for the 1:3 Free In Specie Distribution of Nu Power shares, still I'm puzzled as if you sell on the Ex-Date you may be deregistred before the record date which is next Monday,

If I were u I'd hold till next monday to guarantee your free in-specie distribution of Nu-Power shares, it will be a cracker of a uranium IPO!

Thats what exdate means....if you buy shares today you are ineligible, if you held them yesterday then you are eligible....hence the selling today (yesterday 5pm)

02 Mar 2007 Minebox headline

Lagoon Creek uranium project results promising

Drilling by Arafura Resources and NuPower Resources at the Lagoon Creek uranium project in the Northern Territory has delivered significant uranium results, with the best intercept being 5m @ 0.18% (3.9 lb/T) U3O8 and the highest grade intercept assaying 9.1 lb/tonne.

The drilling program was undertaken by Toronto-based Laramide Resources, as part of an agreement with Arafura where Laramide can earn a 60 percent interest in EL 23573 by spending $5.5m on exploration over five years.

Arafura is currently demerging its uranium interests into NuPower, which is scheduled to commence trading on the ASX in early March.

Arafura and NuPower signed a memorandum of understanding to assign Arafura’s interest in the Lagoon Creek project to NuPower on February 23, with Arafura retaining a 10 percent interest in the new company.

Arafura’s Managing Director, Alistair Stephens said the company’s Board had made a strategic decision to demerge its uranium assets into NuPower Resources, enabling Arafura to focus on its Nolans rare earth specialty metals project.

NuPower Resources’ Managing Director, Dennis O’Neill said the results of Laramide Resource’s drilling program were an excellent indication of the quality of the Lagoon Creek project, which is one of the key prospects in NuPower Resources’ suite of uranium assets.

“To have NuPower start its independent corporate life with such an attractive and well developed project is a big bonus. Mr O’Neill said. “NuPower can now focus on also growing shareholder value through our other Northern Territory uranium projects at Lucy Creek and in the Aileron Basins.”

The 2818 metres of drilling were completed in 23 holes in the Northeast Westmoreland prospect area throughout October and November 2006.

Twenty-nine samples returned results in excess of 100 ppm (0.01%) U3O8, with a further 20 samples returning 50-100 ppm U3O8. The highest uranium result was 0.42% between 127m to 128m in NEWM204.

Laramide plans to conduct further drilling at Northeast Westmoreland during the 2007 field season commencing in about May/June. This will include core drilling to extend the holes that did not reach their target depths in 2006.

- 02 Mar 2007

Very strange trading action. There are so many trades and orders volume between 1000 and 3000 shares, no of them in round number.

I appreciate anyone can explain this. To me, it is UFO....

ARU has been climbing back up steadily for a few days now, up 14% so far today with hints of increased volume. Volume not strong yet, but going in the right direction.

mmmmining said:
Very strange trading action. There are so many trades and orders volume between 1000 and 3000 shares, no of them in round number.

I appreciate anyone can explain this. To me, it is UFO....

Nobody can answer this?

After the fact, I think it is a buying signal. ARU is up from 57.5c then to 73c. It happened before with another stock (I cannot remember). Anyone disagree?

constable said:
That was a fantastic gap up on open! Nobody mentioned it ?
:eek: Almost doubled in 17 days! What the?!! Still, just recovering back to where it was I suppose....Hairy ride for the long term holder.