Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ARU - Arafura Rare Earths

I recieved a whole bunch of letters from ARU's biggest shareholder and founder,

He wants to take control of the company, reckons current Management is ****, I tend to agree, in the same time that LYC has managed to get JV Chinese funding and offtake deals for its huge Rare Earths deposit AU has managed to get a $3m Govt Grant,

In the same time POL has finalised its Spin off of its U company, ARU has advised it'll be another 3-4months,

I sold out, but hope current management get the boot!

This too, also comming off and heading into buy territory again. Should find some support as indicated.

Attachments

• ARU.gif
    ARU.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 279
Right issue announced for 2 for 5 shares for $0.36, record date 29 Nov.

I can't see this being good for the sp short term. That's a massive discount to todays price. Might be wrong. :confused:

By the sounds of the announcement, the proposed demerger of U assets into NuPower might not even go ahead, looks like the SP will be heading south again.

Piece of luck to get out when I did.

Hope eveyone else took profits, or bugged out on the way down..

Will be interesting to see where this goes tomorrow. :eek:

ARU right issue is out.
You can chose either pay by check, or by credit card.
If you pay by credit card, you can fax it to the registry
If you are away from home, you can ask the registry to email you personalized form. The people are very nice.
If you don't take up your right, the greed underwriter will get a free ride from you, and you might not get as many as free NuPower share as you deserved.
The closing date is Dec 14 2006 by 5:00 pm WST.

laurie said:
mmmmining

where are you located!

cheers laurie

Laurie,

Floating. But I will not give you an easy answer. Here is the hint:

I was riding with Larry Cassidy a few days ago, but not in Sydney, and not on a horse (oops!)

Which part of Sydney are you at?

ARU looking very vulnerable at this point. Found support at $0.45 as expected but it's being sold off every time it tries to rise. If it breaks $0.45 down to $0.35 ish perhaps, although $0.43 should be a little support too. Needs to reclaim $0.53 really for the down trend to stop.

(not holding)

Attachments

• ARU.gif
    ARU.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 225
kennas said:
This too, also comming off and heading into buy territory again. Should find some support as indicated.

I believe the chance to move higher for next couple of weeks is not good because of people selling shares to fund right purchase. Not good for short term trade by chart.

But there is a danger for people who want to sell because ARU might issue good drilling news at Lagoon Creek anytime soon. You might remember what ARU did on the ex-right day.

mmmmining said:
Laurie,

Floating. But I will not give you an easy answer. Here is the hint:

I was riding with Larry Cassidy a few days ago, but not in Sydney, and not on a horse (oops!)

Which part of Sydney are you at?

No its the State/City I was after I was just wondering why I did not get mine

cheers laurie

laurie said:
No its the State/City I was after I was just wondering why I did not get mine

cheers laurie

Laurie,

Don't worry, they send it out on Nov 30. Because I am traveling at the Sin City of Asia before I can receive the form, I asked them to email me, so they did.

Cheers Happy Mining

This came straight from Hot copper so I can't verify it but I believe its useful:

*Prospectus for NuPower will be lodged with ASIC either today or tomorrow.
The NuPower prospectus will be posted out around the 10 Jan 2007, with cutoff date for the entitlement around the beginning of February. Shares in the two new companies will begin trading around the end of February or very early March next year.

Spoke with Peter, Alistair and Denis at the Brisbane presentation and all seemed to be focused on increasing shareholder value…..great news for holders*

I noticed that one of the directors topped up on ARU & ARUO today which would add further credibility to the above statement. As always DYOR

noobs said:
This came straight from Hot copper so I can't verify it but I believe its useful:

*Prospectus for NuPower will be lodged with ASIC either today or tomorrow.
The NuPower prospectus will be posted out around the 10 Jan 2007, with cutoff date for the entitlement around the beginning of February. Shares in the two new companies will begin trading around the end of February or very early March next year.

Spoke with Peter, Alistair and Denis at the Brisbane presentation and all seemed to be focused on increasing shareholder value…..great news for holders*

I noticed that one of the directors topped up on ARU & ARUO today which would add further credibility to the above statement. As always DYOR

I believe the mentioned it in their ann. meeting, including the timetable.

For the top up part, I believe the directors are just taking up the rights issued.

A lot of people did not bother to take it, I don't know why? If you own 10,000 shares, at today's price, the right worth $840. Imaging they directors have millions.

Well you are forgetting one thing the NuPower demerger may not be a script for script it could be 1:2 2:3 1:3 etc :2twocents

cheers laurie

Well here is a scenario to consider
1. Sell on CE means good profit[if you time it well] :D
2. Downside no NUP entitlement :(
3. Upside what will ARU fall to after EX
4. Buy back in at a discount :D
5. What will NUP be on day 1! :confused:

I think I will hold suppose I can work out the maths as many will be doing at this very moment I think #5 is the spanner in the works :2twocents

cheers laurie