Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AFL Footy

Didn't go well with last night's pick, thought that Melbourne would romp it in. Happily picked Brisbane in tonight's encounter 1/2 and looking forward to bettering that.

Another abysmal outing by the Eagles in the AFL and also the Reserves in the WAFL.
At least I am assured of the points each week that the Eagles play, because as sure as Hell will not freze over, they won't be winning any matches for the rest of season.

As a Swans supporter it was a triumph.

I feel sorry for WC but at this stage Sydney needs all the wins we can get and the bigger the better.
Sir R I can remember the early days of Sydney as the easy beats not the singing group but the Swans being thumped also. Everyone gets their turn, even Collingwood when the ALF stuffs up the draw

Finished the week in the AFL tipping with 5/6
WAFL 2/3
But who would pick Geelong to beat Melbourne?

Football fashion in 1980 :cautious:

1687911427085.gif
1687911427085.gif
1908-WAFC-Premiers.jpg

West Adelaide, SANFL premiers in 1980. Tom Leahy is in the back row, third from left. Picture: Supplied

The Point of History
There is a great website called AustralianFootball.com. It pulls together an amazing amount of history about Australian rules Football from all States and across 150 years plus. It is particularly interesting when looking at minor leagues

So how was such an incredible feat achieved ? Turns out this was a lifetime labour of one person. Without his research and scholarship it is very unlikely many of these achievements would have been remembered.

Check out the story of John Devaney

Moderate success in the ALF tipping with 7/9 once again picked Freo to win , but obviously gone a bit soft in the head.
West Coast looked the goods for a half or so, was listening to the game via tractor radio, but St Kilda denied them.
Felt for Adam Simpson though.
WAFL tipping 3/3

Sneaked in a win with Syndey last night, but got dudded by Melbourne by a point tonight. But was a great last quarter though

I am in both AFL and NRL comps with a online bookie, 100k or more, rather pleased with myself atm, currently 497th so pretty good

I won 66cents for tipping the NRL round on the weekend :laugh:

I am in both AFL and NRL comps with a online bookie, 100k or more, rather pleased with myself atm, currently 497th so pretty good

I won 66cents for tipping the NRL round on the weekend :laugh:
Now that is a princely sum, spend it wisely

I have started this week off on good footing with the Doggies winning. Didn't think it was much of a game though, but a win is a win. Now have 8 more to go. Unfortunately haven't bagged a 9 as yet.

Had a good week with the AFL footy tipping. For the first time this season actually pickedthe 9 winners.
In the WAFL managed 3 out of the 4 games played.