Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AFL Footy

How tall are some of our footballers ? Sam Darcy Western Bulldogs
View attachment 151137
All the clubs seem to have giant ruckmen these days. Arron Sandilands 7ft plus. I remember Paul Roos magnificent coach of Sydney Swans some years ago commenting on Sandilands as being 7ft 22inches tall. At the time probably the tallest and as he progressed virtually unbeatable. Go the Dockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy first game of the season.
90,000 crowd and a nail biter draw between Richmond and Carlton.

Crazy first game of the season.
90,000 crowd and a nail biter draw between Richmond and Carlton.
At least for the tipsters a win either way.
For me so farthis season off to a hoohum start 3 wins and 3 losses. Hanging my hat a 3 wins for tomorrow.

At least for the tipsters a win either way.
For me so farthis season off to a hoohum start 3 wins and 3 losses. Hanging my hat a 3 wins for tomorrow.
I have started OK, 5 wins 1 loss. Going for Adelaide against GWS today which I judge to be a good chance.

AFL footy tipping 2nd week started well picked the first round winner just need the other 8 now to move up the tally ladder.

Unhappily the Freo mob missed out by a point for a draw and 2 points for a win tonight.
My tipping so far this season has been pretty ordinary.
# out of six at this point in time. Perhaps Sunday's game will give me some hope.

Unhappily the Freo mob missed out by a point for a draw and 2 points for a win tonight.
My tipping so far this season has been pretty ordinary.
# out of six at this point in time. Perhaps Sunday's game will give me some hope.
I got kicked out of my works last person standing comp for picking Fremantle ?

I got kicked out of my works last person standing comp for picking Fremantle ?
Ah Mr Knobby. My tipping this season is far past ordinary. first 2 round picked 5 twice and 3 round a dismal 3 out of 9. Unfortunately sitting at around 29,000 in the AFL tipping competition. Can't get much worse , so the only way is now up.

I was at Heritage Bank Stadium yesterday watching the Suns down last year's Premiers.
It was an ok crowd for the Gold Coast, but more interestingly there appeared to be more Geelong supporters at the game than Suns supporters.
Crowd-wise the Gold Coast is the most fickle place I know of in terms of support for their local teams. Unless they are on a winner it's only die hards and opposition team supporters that rattle the turnstiles.
The game itself was weird until the last quarter when the Suns finally kicked some cracking goals and Geelong suddenly seemed to capitulate. Until then it was fumbles all round and some horrible goal kicking, with turnovers being the rule of the day.

Geelong will need to get their act together quick smart if they are to be 2023 finals contenders.
As for the Suns, they always manage a few upsets a year and then fall in a deep hole. I hope they can now turn things around as they showed some real talent on occasions before stuffing up in the 50 yard zone.

I was at Heritage Bank Stadium yesterday watching the Suns down last year's Premiers.
It was an ok crowd for the Gold Coast, but more interestingly there appeared to be more Geelong supporters at the game than Suns supporters.
Crowd-wise the Gold Coast is the most fickle place I know of in terms of support for their local teams. Unless they are on a winner it's only die hards and opposition team supporters that rattle the turnstiles.
The game itself was weird until the last quarter when the Suns finally kicked some cracking goals and Geelong suddenly seemed to capitulate. Until then it was fumbles all round and some horrible goal kicking, with turnovers being the rule of the day.

Geelong will need to get their act together quick smart if they are to be 2023 finals contenders.
As for the Suns, they always manage a few upsets a year and then fall in a deep hole. I hope they can now turn things around as they showed some real talent on occasions before stuffing up in the 50 yard zone.
A bit like Freo promise a bit and deliver little

Alas poor Swans against the Dees. Some revenge for Demons after last years final.

Still early days yet.

Buddy is too slow in my humble opinion, great player though he was.

Alas poor Swans against the Dees. Some revenge for Demons after last years final.

Still early days yet.

Buddy is too slow in my humble opinion, great player though he was.
Time for Buddy to retire and perhaps return to Dowerin

Week four in the AFL tipping and I'm going from bad to worse. So far with one game to go have only managed to jag 3 winners. Pretty miserable effort.

Happy with the AFL tipping so far 2 out of 3 thought that Calton would do the Crows but wasn't to be.