Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AFL Footy

Went to the new Perth stadium today for the first time, to watch an AFL game, my DIL's cousin plays for Collingwood.
What a terrific venue, but another 6hrs of my life I will never get back.?

The sacrifices you do for family.
When it comes to the AFL footy afraid I'm couch potato. No traffic snarls, very comfy seating arrangements. not to far to go to get refeshments and nibbles and no screaming fans in my ears.

Glad you enjoyed the experience though.

Went to the new Perth stadium today for the first time, to watch an AFL game, my DIL's cousin plays for Collingwood.
What a terrific venue, but another 6hrs of my life I will never get back.?

The sacrifices you do for family.

I watched Essendon beat West Coast there and it was truly an awesome experience. Stayed at the local hotel and just walked there on a beautiful concourse.

It is probably the best stadium the world at present. I did the tour and it was amazing. They have copied ideas from the USA and Europe.

For instance there is a bar that you can go to where there is a one way mirror along its whole length.

On the other side you can see the players do warm up before the game. To do this on the day you have to be a gold member. Believe this is a USA thing.

The ground atmosphere was good. I would love to go back but a big trip from Melbourne.

Saw a game for the first time at the Gabba with my 19 year old son a couple of weeks ago. It was packed, big crowd, good to see. Also spent a day near and on Brisbane River.

You can see Brisbane is improving rapidly. Really enjoyed it. The wheel, free ferry, bar under a bridge, Southbank. They need to remove that 1960s Northbank freeway though which is a scar.

Last edited:
Well with the weather as it is this afternnon I will for a change get to see the AFL game from th start. As long as the winner is the team I have picked, I'll be a happy chappie.

Not a good start to the AFL tipping this week. Sydney was my pick and wasn't looking to bad until half way through the last quarter. Couldn't buy a goal let alone kick one. St Kilda just left them flat footed.

Not a good start to the AFL tipping this week. Sydney was my pick and wasn't looking to bad until half way through the last quarter. Couldn't buy a goal let alone kick one. St Kilda just left them flat footed.
Not doing so well this week. Going to need some wins today to making my tipping look at least average.

AfL results to date 4/7 and I am tipping Collingwood (Ugg) to win 5/8

WAFL for the first time in a long time 5/5

Well Collingwood didn't win so my tipping is quite deploreable in the AFL this week only4/8.
Perhaps their golden run is coming to an end and will be the bridesmaids once again.

Well Collingwood didn't win so my tipping is quite deploreable in the AFL this week only4/8.
Perhaps their golden run is coming to an end and will be the bridesmaids once again.
I picked North! What was I thinking?
3/8. Was even first in work comp (of 7) but now 2nd with another.

Knobby I was a little worried about Brisbane at one stage tonight, thought they had lost it. but now have 2/2

AFL tipping this week 5/6 went with the heart for Freo and badly let down

WAFL 4/4 having a pretty good run in this particular competition.