Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AFL Footy

Well I picked Collingwood, The AFL's golden club, to beat carlton last night.
Watching the second half one would surmise that they final score had been deyermined before the start. Collingwood should have won, but just perhaps the brown paper bag wasn't the right size

After the conclusion of the AFL games today i finished with a miserley 4/9 and 1/2 in the WAFL.
The worst week I've had in the tipping competition this year.

After the conclusion of the AFL games today i finished with a miserley 4/9 and 1/2 in the WAFL.
The worst week I've had in the tipping competition this year.
You are not on your own, I got 4/9 as well But in the tipping comp I went UP 490 places so others did even worse, Tough round

The bookies are ordering a new Mercedes as I type ☹️

Lance (Buddy) Franklin has announced his retirement effective immediately due to injury.

An unfortunate end to a magnificent career.

As a Swans fan I'll miss his on field brilliance, although a bit diminished in recent years he was still an inspiration.

Retire well Buddy.

Lance (Buddy) Franklin has announced his retirement effective immediately due to injury.

An unfortunate end to a magnificent career.

As a Swans fan I'll miss his on field brilliance, although a bit diminished in recent years he was still an inspiration.

Retire well Buddy.
In his prime at Hawthorn was a star and teamed up brilliantly with his big mate in the forward line.

Starting this round off with a win. Pretty dreadful match for a Friday night though.
Gave up watching and gazed into the flames of the wood fire in the living room.
Far more appeasing to the heart and soul

Had a pretty good round of winners this week. 7/9 in the AFL and 4/4 in the WAFL.
I wonder if Collingwood is starting early with the Collywobbles leading up to perhaps bridesmaid in the finals once again.
I hope so.

Had a pretty good round of winners this week. 7/9 in the AFL and 4/4 in the WAFL.
I wonder if Collingwood is starting early with the Collywobbles leading up to perhaps bridesmaid in the finals once again.
I hope so.
Collingwood looked devastingly good last night.

Yes ! Swans beat Suns to reach the 8. Hopefully they stay there.
And we wasteda couple of hours watching Freo demolish the Eagles.
Happy to see the Freo team win because i support them, but was hoping for a contest, not a one-sided affair as was put up.

Had a so so tipping week in the ALF.
Was looking as if it was going to be a clean sweep, but finished 7/9.
WAFL finished 4/5

Well next week has arrived with the Friday night footy.
Picked Collingwood to beat Brisbane, and thought that at one stage they would over-run Brisbane but were given a lesson on how to win.
I think I shall just call Collingwood "The Bridesmaids", they seem to be comfortable with coming second in the past few matches.

Well next week has arrived with the Friday night footy.
Picked Collingwood to beat Brisbane, and thought that at one stage they would over-run Brisbane but were given a lesson on how to win.
I think I shall just call Collingwood "The Bridesmaids", they seem to be comfortable with coming second in the past few matches.
I went for Brisbane because my drafty is a Collingwood member and said they would lose this as they were safe in the top 2 and Brisbane really needed to win it to get until the top 2 which is important particularly for an interstate side plus they had 6 out and some were probably rests.

I went for Brisbane because my drafty is a Collingwood member and said they would lose this as they were safe in the top 2 and Brisbane really needed to win it to get until the top 2 which is important particularly for an interstate side plus they had 6 out and some were probably rests.
Hopefully as far as Collingwood is concerned they get to like losing these home and away games. Just might set them up to keep on losing when the finals start.