Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

Re: Barack 2008!

nice one bill..
sounds like the democrats need you like a hole in the head .:2twocents
PS careful the wind doesn't change.

Back to the candidates ...
it seems (from Insiders) that it's a forgone conclusion that whoever wins president, (Obama or McCain), they'll have a Democratic Senate and Congress to deal with. :2twocents

Attachments

• clinton.jpg
    clinton.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 121

Relevant (or irrelevant joke)

A man goes to a public golf course. He approaches the man behind the counter in the pro shop and says, "I would like 18 holes of golf and a caddie."

The man behind the counter says, "The 18 holes of golf is no problem, but all of the caddies are out on the course. What I will do for you is this: we just received 8 brand new robot golf caddies. If you're willing to take one with you out on the course and come back and tell me how well it works, your round of golf is on me today." The golfer obviously accepted the man's offer.

He approached the first tee, looked at the fairway and said to himself, "I think my driver will do the job." The robot caddie turned to the man and said, "No sir. Use your 3 wood. A driver is far too much club for this hole."

Hesitantly, the golfer pulled out his 3 wood, made good contact with the ball, and the ball landed about 10 feet to the right front of the hole on the green. The golfer, delighted, turned to the robot and thanked him for his assistance.

As the golfer pulled out his putter he said, "I think this green is gonna break left to right." The robot then again spoke up and said, "No sir. I do believe this green will break right to left". Thinking about the last time the robot corrected his prediction, he decided again to listen to the machine. He made his putt and birdied the hole thanks to the robot and his advice.

But his luck didn't end there. His entire game was the best game he ever played, thanks to the assistance of the new robot golf caddie.

Upon returning to the clubhouse, the man behind the counter asked, "How was your game?" The golfer stated, "It was, by far, the BEST game I ever played. Thank you very much for letting me take one of your robots. See you next week."

A week passed, and excited, the golfer returned to the pro shop. Upon entering, he turned to the man behind the counter and said, "I would like 18 holes of golf and one of those robot golf caddies, please."

The gentleman from behind the counter turned to the man and said, "Well the 18 holes is no problem. However, we had to get rid of the robots. We had too many complaints." Confused, the golfer cried, "COMPLAINTS? Who in the heck could've complained about those robots? They were incredible" The man sighed and said, "Well, it wasn't their performance. It was that they were made of shiny silver metal, and the sun reflecting off them was blinding to other golfers on the fare way."

The golfer said, "So then why didn't you just paint them black?" The man nodded sadly and replied, "We did. Then four of 'em didn't show up for work, two filed for welfare, one of them robbed the pro shop, and the other is running for the Presidency of the United States."

:D

I thought that I should share the following photo of Obama. He is holding a small whitey puppy and standing in front of the statue of Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington. When I saw it i almost fell off my chair in laughter. I am still trying to learn if the photo is a fake as it is so ridiculous but it comes with a story about puppy mills which seems legit. Maybe someone can shed some more light on this photo? IF it is a true rendering of Obama then his campaign have truly devolved into total absurdity in keeping with much of the absurd commentary this man makes each day. To-day Obama mounted a spirited attack on John McCain's war record and patriotism using one of his surrogates that fizzled out by mid afternoon. Last week another Obama surrogate attacked McCain because he does not pump his own gas at the gas station (not realizing that his arms and shoulders were brutalized and permantely damaged when he was a POW). Obama spent most of last week telling us that we cannot drill our way out of high gas prices even though the U.S. is an extremely rich nation in unexplored hydrocarbon resources. In support of this effort Pelosi shut down attempts to open up resources of Federal Lands in the Congress to energy exploration. That follows on from the flap about his redesigned Presidential Seal that had everyone in fits of laughter (it has now vanished but u can still find copies on the web). More comedy later

Attachments

• BO.jpg
    BO.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 106

boggo said:
The golfer said, "So then why didn't you just paint them black?" The man nodded sadly and replied, "We did. Then four of 'em didn't show up for work, two filed for welfare, one of them robbed the pro shop, and the other is running for the Presidency of the United States."
boggo - reminds me of the one where they painted the black robots white - and the white collar crime skyrocketed – to say nothing of the racism :2twocents

To-day Obama mounted a spirited attack on John McCain's war record and patriotism using one of his surrogates that fizzled out by mid afternoon.
ss, here’s your “sprited campaign”….
btw, the “surrogate” you refer to was General Wesley Clark, former Allied Commander of NATO , who incidentally has been shot down 4 times. Anyway he made the comment (correct surely) “Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be President”

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2008/s2290557.htm
War record remark upsets Republicans
AM - Tuesday, 1 July , 2008 08:06:00
Reporter: Michael Rowland
TONY EASTLEY: In the United States, a row has erupted after a spokesman for Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama questioned the military record of Republican candidate John McCain.

General Wesley Clark, the former Allied Commander of NATO and himself a former Presidential candidate, said flying a fighter jet and getting shot down was not a qualification to become President.

John McCain of course was shot down over Vietnam and spent years in a POW prison.

Senator Obama has publicly disowned his Democrat colleague, General Clark but not before being politically wounded by friendly fire.

Washington correspondent Michael Rowland reports.

MICHAEL ROWLAND: John McCain's military service in Vietnam and the 5.5 years he spent as a prisoner of war have been key features of his campaign narrative.

The Republican nominee says his time in Vietnam has given him the experience and the strength of character needed to take on the job of President.

And for much of this election year Senator McCain's military record has been off limits. That was until General Wesley Clark fired this broadside on Sunday talk show: Face the Nation.

WESLEY CLARK: He hasn't held executive responsibility. That large squadron in the navy that he commanded wasn't a wartime squadron. He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall.

INTERVIEWER: I'd have to say Barack Obama has not had any of those experiences either. Nor has he ridden in a fighter plane and gotten shot down.

WESLEY CLARK: Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be President.

MICHAEL ROWLAND: General Clark may himself be a war hero - he was shot four times during his stint in Vietnam, but he's again shown how great soldiers don't necessarily make great politicians.

Perhaps McCain will be the exception - if being shot down is so important to a political career, maybe he'll make one quarter the politician that Wesley Clark would :cautious:

boggo - reminds me of the one where they painted the black robots white - and the white collar crime skyrocketed – to say nothing of the racism :2twocents

Let me get this straight 2020... racism is the sole preserve of whitefella?

That seems to be what you're implying.

Man, Socrates would have a ball with you and your leaps of (il)logic. :eek:

well wayne
why did you call it politically incorrect
if it wasn't for the fact that it was racist ?

well wayne

Once again you draw erroneous conclusions from available data. Whether or not the joke was racist or not, is not the issue, and nothing whatever to do with my question to you which you are attempting to duck.

Let me ask the question again, this time more directly: Do you believe that only whitefellas are racist?

If you do, that would seem to implicate you as a bona-fide racist... racism against your own race (presuming you're a whitefella) is still racism and typical leftist gross hypocrisy.

If you found the joke offensive, then you should find yourself offensive.

Catch 22 for you and others of such preposterous and faulted logic. :rolleyes:

btw wayne, the other thing that the white robots did in that "hilarious" joke back there that the black ones were less inclined to do, was to threaten to blow up the "other colour" candidate's office (as for the speculation of personal threats - I'd prefer not to go there)

Let me ask the question again, this time more directly: Do you believe that only whitefellas are racist?
a more direct answer then - no.
but
that isn't going to make me inclined to encourage racist jokes of either persuasion.

PS as if these jokes haven't been dragged up each time a black has run for high office in USA.

a more direct answer then - no.
but
that isn't going to make me inclined to encourage racist jokes of either persuasion.

PS as if these jokes haven't been dragged up each time a black has run for high office in USA.
But you are racist against whites. As a hypocrite, this disqualifies you from comment.

But you are racist against whites. As a hypocrite, this disqualifies you from comment.
wayne
I have no idea what yuo are talking about
I am against all racism

PS I do know that you're a bit shakey on simple compound interest calculations ;)

well wayne

I am not at all impressed with the (lack of) moderation of this forum atm!

I sent a msg to 'the moderator' stating that I had found the robot 'joke' to be offensively bigoted and racist.
I said I had thought it would have been pulled.

I was appalled that the calibre of this forum had been tainted and even more so to suppose that my msg was taken by wayne and his irreverent immaturity and lack of common decency prevailed.
He should be sacked poste haste from his role as moderator!

One of my daughters married a Nigerian and my two grandchildren are thus half African. Their father has an MBA and a high status career. Their mother has a Masters in Accounting. They are wonderful, successful people.
How dare they be inadvertently stereotyped as lazy, welfare bludgers and criminals on this forum!

These children deserve to live in this country without cowardly crass comments deriding their ethnic heritage.

How dare you infringe upon common decency in a public arena!

It is obvious to me that inferiority complexes drive some people to cast aspersions on anyone if they can feel some semblance of sick sadistic pleasure. Shame on you both! I have seen some intelligent comments from you Wayne but this attempt at creating a sick bait for 'discussion' has depleted any fragments of respect I have had for you.

Political correctness demands people be judged for who they are and not be denigrated by pathetic ignorant stereotyping that is illegal in this country!

Joe...

I ask that this robot joke and all references to it be deleted.

100% behind you on that one doris..

every word of it..

two comments.

1/ put the person who posted it on ignore.. takes care of the offensive and rascist post.. there is no apology that i can see, clearly a bigot..

2/ keep up the protest, do not be intimidated by the obvious supporters..

great post...

You need to get a hobby Doris darling, lighten up honey, or better still go and read the political history of Rhodesia, oops sorry, Zimbabwe.

I could tell you about "The gang of 41" that are terrorising the northern suburbs of Adelaide or why they have armed guards on duty 24 hours a day at building sites in Port Augusta, or why its no longer safe to walk through Port Lincoln at night but then again some people consider facts to be racist attacks.

It was a bloody joke Doris... chill out.

Mike

He should be sacked poste haste from his role as moderator!

Can one actually be "sacked" from a volunteer role? I would have thought "let go" or "removed" would be the PC term