Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

Re: Barack 2008!

So if it's OK to label whites with stereotypes, then it's Ok to label blacks with stereotypes according to your rules.

...and if you have a joke about whites and white collar crime, tell it. We will laugh if it's funny.

Checkmate. ;)

No - the way it works wayne is that we should all be wary of telling racial jokes when we are as vulnerable as white folks are. (ignoring the fact that that joke was a big hit down at KKK HQ btw).

What would that joke be?
- pretty much the same, except that they painted the silver robots white I guess. Gee that’s hilarious isn’t it . ;)

btw, speaking of checkmates ,
a) you are proved wrong with your understanding of those math equations (which remain on that thread and this one as testimonial to the fact that you don’t understand much about such equations,
b) you invite a discussion of it - "let's boogee" as I recall - despite the fact and in full knowledge of the fact that it is on the wrong thread
c) you then delete the post when I prove you wrong - you PM me that it is on the wrong thread
d) I post on the correct thread that you are wrong
e) you delete that as well

So I guess I checkmate you twice, once for the maths , and once for hypocrisy - can be second order I guess, since you constantly accuse me of the same “of the highest /first order”.

The reason that any joke is funny is because it's racist, sexist, biased, chauvinistic, intolerant, bigoted, prejudiced, dogmatic, and/or xenophobic.

And ironic, perhaps.

Like this argument.

Geeeesh!!!

:)

*puts mod hat on*

Arnt we getting way off topic re: Obama.

Perhaps a new thread should be started if people wish to continue this discussion.

its kinda half half,

it offended me, but others loved it..

i thought it was outright racist, if it was purely a joke about obama i would perhaps considered its humor, but it was more than just about obama, it was precluded by a string of derogitory remarks about the black race.

i googled where it came from, and noticed it appears prodominantly of very extremist and rascist anti obama sites.. they love it too..

its part of the debate on obama whether the US are infact not going to vote for obama on the color of his skin.. or turn against the party and vote for mccain..

this election is certainly bringing out more than any other, its revealing the "kkk" in a lot of folk.. maybe its good to see who they are and where they sit. "better the enemy you know..........."

Just wondering if this joke is ok with you Doris...

.. John Hinckley was a seriously deranged young man who shot President Reagan many years back.

Boggo,
here's my thoughts on that one .... I'm guessing it originated "somewhere" that has a motive ;)

btw, I had a post deleted for adding "etcetera, so many interns , so little time" to Bill Clinton's quote "yuo can kiss my ass" - so hopefully I'm not in for a lecture about "prudish left wing greenies not being able to take a non PC joke etc" :2twocents
https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=310311&highlight=motive#post310311

Boggo,
here's my thoughts on that one .... I'm guessing it originated "somewhere" that has a motive ;)

btw, I had a post deleted for adding "etcetera, so many interns , so little time" to Bill Clinton's quote "yuo can kiss my ass" - so hopefully I'm not in for a lecture about "prudish left wing greenies not being able to take a non PC joke etc" :2twocents
https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=310311&highlight=motive#post310311

I dislike posting on the Obama site as it might encourage one American to vote for him, they don't as a rule vote much I am told.

I am however struck by the mass anxiety affecting posters which is manifest in jokes and a reaction from the pc crowd in relation to Obama's racial background.

Freud wrote much on the role of humour and jokes in our internal life.

Perhaps he should have been a member of ASF.

Did you hear the one about the one legged deaf black jewi......

Sorry Siggy

gg

gg, I recall you saying military service helps to make good politicians (seriously paraphrased) - or words to that effect...

what was that one about "how many gears does an Italian tank have?" ;)

PS As you said somewhere, Rome under the Caesars did ok for a while - that was until they started eating grapes to excess - fed to them by half nude concubines etc ...

see that's what happens when pollies stay in power too long - one thing leads to another - and grapes just lubricate the downhill slope. :2twocents

gg, I recall you saying military service helps to make good politicians (seriously paraphrased) - or words to that effect...

what was that one about "how many gears does an Italian tank have?" ;)

PS As you said somewhere, Rome under the Caesars did ok for a while - that was until they started eating grapes to excess - fed to them by half nude concubines etc ...

see that's what happens when pollies stay in power too long - one thing leads to another - and grapes just lubricate the downhill slope. :2twocents

Post on the McCain thread mate and I'll answer, otherwise people might think this Obama jerk has a chance.

gg

Some excellent analysis on Obama policy flip-flops.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4264994.ece

Having campaigned for the past year as the agent of transformation, the man who would lead an historic shift in America's political direction, Barack Obama is discovering that there is quite a lot he likes about the way things are.

Since securing the Democratic nomination a few weeks ago, the only change coming from the Illinois senator has been in what he seems to stand for.

If next week he named Dick Cheney as his running-mate and revealed that he spends his spare time drilling for oil in wildlife habitats, the only surprise would be that it took him so long.

Of course there's nothing much new in what the senator has done. In the lexicon of modern American politics, it's called a pivot. You campaign hard to the party's extreme in the primary election, where the base voters tend to be. Then, when the nomination is secure and there are no more idealists to be humoured, you pivot back to the centre. The only difference is that in Mr Obama's case the pivot is so hard and so fast that the entire Democratic Party is suffering from whiplash.

Conservatives, meanwhile, led by John McCain's Republican campaign, say that the presumptive Democratic nominee's pivot shows that, for all his talk of offering a new kind of politics, he is really just another cynical politician who will say anything to get elected.
Agreed.

The "yes-we-can-istas" will be severely disappointed if this man is elected; nay, humiliated.

Attachments

• odds 4july president.jpg
    odds 4july president.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 79
  • odds 4july party.jpg
    odds 4july party.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 74

Well my money's on the one who is able to speak without looking up to see what his puppetteer wants him to say :2twocents
Is this the same one who is flip-flopping on policy? The same one beholden to Zionism?

Is this the same one who is flip-flopping on policy? The same one beholden to Zionism?

well wayne
based on past posts - i think both you and I would vte for him ,

and I guess time will tell if he is as good as the hype.

mind you if he's half as good as the hype - he'll still be three times better than Bush :2twocents

(and twice as good as McCain)

well wayne
based on past posts - i think both you and I would vte for him ,

and I guess time will tell if he is as good as the hype.

mind you if he's half as good as the hype - he'll still be three times better than Bush :2twocents

(and twice as good as McCain)

I am very happy NOT to be voting, but based on what I now know, US foreign policy could be MORE aggressive under Obama than McCain. The withdrawal from Iraq policy is a red herring and a slimy subterfuge in my opinion; possibly undeliverable in any case .

That's all I'm prepared to say on the matter at this stage.

Well my money's on the one who is able to speak without looking up to see what his puppeteer wants him to say :2twocents

He'll have listened to people on the street as well as intelligent, experienced advisers and remained flexible as complex issues, like free-trade agreements with Columbia and changes to NAFTA, are fully considered, before he speaks.

He will sidestep issues he considers irrelevant or in need of more consideration but he does not have an egotistical attitude of not being mature enough to change his mind if new relevant, crucial, information is drawn to his attention... e.g. 16 months to withdraw all fighting forces in Iraq.

Being flexible and adapting to issue enlightenment is the mark of a good leader.
The ignorant call it flip flopping. An Aussie might say 'thonging'.
(Americans call 'thongs' flip flops. A 'thong' is like a g-string) ;)

Attracting experienced advisers who share his values of what is best for the people who 'paid to get him the job' is a mark of a good leader.

His 'having conversations' would not be gathering conspirators like GWB did:

at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.

President Bush, for example, made 232 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and another 28 false statements about Iraq's links to Al Qaeda. Secretary of State Powell had the second-highest total in the two-year period, with 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq's links to Al Qaeda. Rumsfeld and Fleischer each made 109 false statements, followed by Wolfowitz (with 85), Rice (with 56), Cheney (with 48), and McClellan (with 14).

http://www.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/Default.aspx?source=home&context=overview&id=945

BTW 2020,
Has any president ever NOT been financed by lobbyists and PACs before?

Abe was financed by lobbyists but he did rise above their pressures in using the authority they bought for him.
In his speech, as he boarded the train for Washington, he told the send-off crowd: "I must now go and do what they have paid me to do".

Some "ad hoc quotes" to dispute Obama's 'thonging' as claimed by the GOP...

Obama said what he learns from military commanders on his upcoming trip (to Iraq) will refine his policy, but "not the 16-month timetable" for withdrawing U.S. troops from combat in Iraq. He said what he learns could affect how many residual troops might be needed to train the Iraqi army and police.

"I have said throughout this campaign that this war was ill-conceived, that it was a strategic blunder and that it needs to come to an end," he said. "I have also said I would be deliberate and careful about how we get out. That position has not changed. I am not searching for maneuvering room with respect to that position."

He promised to summon the Joint Chiefs of Staff on his first day in office "and I will give them a new mission and that is to end this war, responsibly and deliberately, but decisively."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/04/america/NA-POL-US-Elections.php

Being flexible and adapting to issue enlightenment is the mark of a good leader.
The ignorant call it flip flopping. An Aussie might say 'thonging'.
(Americans call 'thongs' flip flops. A 'thong' is like a g-string) ;)

BTW 2020,
Has any president ever NOT been financed by lobbyists and PACs before?

Abe was financed by lobbyists but he did rise above their pressures in using the authority they bought for him.
In his speech, as he boarded the train for Washington, he told the send-off crowd: "I must now go and do what they have paid me to do".

Candidates Should Never Flip-Flop
By Jonathan Darman | NEWSWEEK
July 7-14, 2008 issue

It is worth remembering, before the depression sets in too deep, that flip-flopping has a noble history in this country.

In his first run for the presidency, Abraham Lincoln vowed not to force the end of slavery in the South. But by his second Inaugural, he could swear that, God willing, "every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid with another drawn by the sword."

Where was the greatness when Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964? In the fact that a white politician, who'd come of age in Jim Crow Texas and had been a sometime segregationist in the Senate, knew he was sacrificing his party's domination of the South””and did the right thing all the same.

What made Bobby Kennedy's antiwar campaign of 1968 so remarkable? In part, the fact that he had been the fiercest of cold warriors, a lieutenant to Joseph McCarthy himself.

Schoolchildren know what grace means in America: I once was lost but now am found,'twas blind but now I see.

Yet it is dangerous to ask for a president who never changes his mind.
A flip-flop or two from George W. Bush might have gone a long way.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/143864

Doris,

There is a considered change of mind over a wrong position, then there is cynical political expediency.

If you'll notice Kennedy et al changed their position over time, Obama flipped overnight.

We had a dove that was going to change the world not 6 weeks ago. Now we have a foreign affairs hawk who wants to push the agenda way past Bush. WTF?

Who the hell are we going to have if he gets into power? Attila the Hun?

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200807/POL20080703d.html