Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The state of the economy at the street level

This guy missed a lot of the basics. Roof sheets not turned down into the box gutter for one. Thats a huge cause of leaks and should have been instantly recognisable. The distance between sumps looks suss as well. Hard to tell with the other areas without being there.

But this is what I mean by saying even the guys that supposedly know what they are doing miss basic sht.

Maybe, but we did not see the final report, if there was one. As he mentioned, he was just having a quick look for a friend.

going to be REAL interesting ( in the building in the video ) what happens when mould/mildew becomes a health issue there ( things in the house repairs were stumbling along in the first year .. until they discovered the mould in the internal walls .. nearly all of them )

The Victorian government/taxpayer is going to be paying.

What with, it sounds like Victoria are up to their eyeballs in debt.
Back of the napkin, I think I read Victoria's debt is heading to $177b and there are about 7m people.
That's about $25k each, I would have thought that is a lot of money, when you don't have a broad tax base.

... but it might take another 3 or 4 years until the mould becomes a health issue ( i was lucky it was discovered during the second internal painting effort , the paint wouldn't dry/adhere properly because the Gyprock was starting to disintegrate )

imagine the clownshow if the house had of been signed off early

What with, it sounds like Victoria are up to their eyeballs in debt.
Back of the napkin, I think I read Victoria's debt is heading to $177b and there are about 7m people.
That's about $25k each, I would have thought that is a lot of money, when you don't have a broad tax base.
some say a shrinking tax base

ABS released May l retail sales today.
The ABS says that seasonally adjusted, retail sales rose by 0.6% over the April sales.
However, without the special adjustments, sales value was dead flat, and given the recent increases in Inflation, in real terms it has gone backwards.
The chart of non adjusted retail sales says retail sales have gone nowhere for the last 9 months.
1719972967823.png
The breakdown into groupings says department stores are the biggest loser, followed by Cafes restaurants and takeaways .

1719973050053.png

Mick

Last edited:
Yeap $34m and it seems to be in Australia..for a business who is buying $3 made in china clothing sold $300
In 2024, a chinese jean out of the factory is 3 yuans, with 5 yuan per 1AUD
So i should be roughly right
You can expect a team of 10p for design, procurement and back office, the shop will probably be franchises..i do not know for sure but a lot of travel, posh hotel and Maserati required to end like this..
But hey in a country where lollypop traffic guys are on $130k a year..
Back to: is a million aud for an average house that high ?

People are hurting, grocery costs are through the roof.

Dutton's idea is starting to take hold. Coles and Woolworths get a lot of stick for being the biggest, but they are no angels. They bully their suppliers to cheat the public by having to reduce prices by deception - reduce product size while maintaining package size so as to visually fool consumers that they are getting the same for less. And recently the big two have decided to be a part of the social engineering agenda - No Aussie merchandise for Australia Day, large donations to one side of the last Referendum telling people how to vote.

People are starting to think that it's a good time to help the smaller independent shops.

Convenience stores body backs divestiture plan

Australian Association of Convenience Stores chief executive Theo Foukkare has backed the Coalition's divestiture proposal of major supermarkets, saying the country needed some type of measure to prevent supermarkets from abusing their market power.

“While there is competition in Australia in the supermarket space, it is still way too heavily concentrated in two main players, and that's not just the supermarket space, but also in the liquor space and the hardware space," he said.

“As a strong advocate for small business, small and medium businesses, of which a lot of our retail members are, I think anything that can be done to bring any organisation that is abusing their market power to be fairer, both for consumers as well as for small business is a good, strong signal moving forward.”

Peter Dutton on Tuesday sought to open a new front in the cost-of-living debate and take the fight to Labor and big business by proposing the new divestiture power for major players in the supermarket and hardware sectors with turnover of more than $5bn a year.

Narrowly targeted to capture businesses such as Woolworths, Coles, Aldi and Metcash and subject to several safeguards, the policy is meant to serve as a deterrent against anti-competitive behaviour. It is intended to be used only rarely, with its existence serving as a “sword of Damocles” to help improve conduct in the sector.

Mr Foukkare said there continued to be examples of Coles and Woolworths expanding their business-to-business supply chain, which is affecting some of its distribution members,” he said.

“Effectively, they're using their retail stores around the country to, let's call it sub wholesale to other parts or other retail channels, which we don't support. The fact that a supermarket can sell a product at retail for cheaper than what some of our retail members can buy at wholesale is wild.”

... but it might take another 3 or 4 years until the mould becomes a health issue ( i was lucky it was discovered during the second internal painting effort , the paint wouldn't dry/adhere properly because the Gyprock was starting to disintegrate )

imagine the clownshow if the house had of been signed off early
doubt it would be in the budget due to the budget cuts in the hospital system by then. but provided you wanted to get the old fella cut off or grow a set of boobs there would be room in the budget then

doubt it would be in the budget due to the budget cuts in the hospital system by then. but provided you wanted to get the old fella cut off or grow a set of boobs there would be room in the budget then

bookmarked your link

hadn't seen that site before

cheers

i watch several , but dozens that i haven't found yet ( and would like to check on from time to time )

cheers

i read that one from time to time, the views can be extreme at times but its getting news from ground level from the opposite side of the abc and main stream media

i read that one from time to time, the views can be extreme at times but its getting news from ground level from the opposite side of the abc and main stream media
i grew up in an ALP dominated area , i have no idea what 'extreme' means anymore

all a i see are trends towards an enlarged Government ( and the others )

i grew up in an ALP dominated area , i have no idea what 'extreme' means anymore

all a i see are trends towards an enlarged Government ( and the others )
extreme is basically if you have opposite views as to this clown world we are heading towards.

big government & men can have babies. if you dare question and not believe us your a nazi etc

give it a few years and Hanson will be considered a grand daughter of Hitler lol

in a country where lollypop traffic guys are on $130k a year..
Ahem , at my old union , the CFMEU , that will be 200 big ones a year ! ( No kidding )
Someone down the food chain will have to pay for all this extortion .
The pollies in power right now will be long gone and don't care , anyway .
The only hope that is left for this place , is the stuff we're digging out of the ground. There's really nothing else going for us .

Here is a list of all the brewers gone or in trouble -

Depending on who you speak to, the current outlook for craft beer in Australia is either “doom, death and destruction” or “a time of opportunity” with brighter days ahead.

In many cases, it’s a bit of column a, a bit of column b – with the weighting applied to each fluctuating week by week, sales report by sales report, or maybe just dependent on the balance of chemicals in your brain on a particular day.

What is certain, however, is that the first six months of the year have been as brutal a period for the beer community as we’ve experienced in the 14 years of The Crafty Pint – and beyond. One brewery owner who’s been in the game far longer says they’ve never known anything like it, describing the GFC as a barely noticeable blip compared to the experience of recent years.

The steady stream – or should that be torrent? – of closures, sales and VAs in 2024, since Wayward started the ball rolling on January 2, puts last year’s already bleak showing in the shade.

2024 Semester One Report Card​

We're sure there will be some we've missed, but here is a rundown of significant closures, sales and administrations within the craft beer world between January 1 and June 30, 2024.

Here is a list of all the brewers gone or in trouble -

Depending on who you speak to, the current outlook for craft beer in Australia is either “doom, death and destruction” or “a time of opportunity” with brighter days ahead.

In many cases, it’s a bit of column a, a bit of column b – with the weighting applied to each fluctuating week by week, sales report by sales report, or maybe just dependent on the balance of chemicals in your brain on a particular day.

What is certain, however, is that the first six months of the year have been as brutal a period for the beer community as we’ve experienced in the 14 years of The Crafty Pint – and beyond. One brewery owner who’s been in the game far longer says they’ve never known anything like it, describing the GFC as a barely noticeable blip compared to the experience of recent years.

The steady stream – or should that be torrent? – of closures, sales and VAs in 2024, since Wayward started the ball rolling on January 2, puts last year’s already bleak showing in the shade.

2024 Semester One Report Card​

We're sure there will be some we've missed, but here is a rundown of significant closures, sales and administrations within the craft beer world between January 1 and June 30, 2024.

hmmmm , MBH caught my eye in a preso , maybe i should spend part of the weekend researching that ( instead of BGA )

i hold neither MBH or BGA

cheers