Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Storm at Sea

Ahoy Brave And Loyal Crew---

1707434491833.jpeg

NB: "It'is considered UNLUCKY to set knew sails on a Friday" ---Chart data is real-time, as of 09 02 2024 10:28am AEDT
z0f907c0azeb323e76903f44199759a61c365f6381.png
z0f907c0azeb323e76903f44199759a61c365f6381.png

HeatmapLegend.png
-2.5%
0.00%
2.5%
Colour is based on price performance

Lucky looks like lucky Nox, Goddess of the night...a brilliant hunter too. Her presents are rats and mice.

Don't know where that superstition comes from, Captain. I'll wait for 0001to set sail? By which time, I'll be asleep. Anyhow, have a great weekend....gonna have an early day. See you next Wednesday. Be happy, and have a great weekend, good luck with the market.

Lucky looks like lucky Nox, Goddess of the night...a brilliant hunter too. Her presents are rats and mice.

Don't know where that superstition comes from, Captain. I'll wait for 0001to set sail? By which time, I'll be asleep. Anyhow, have a great weekend....gonna have an early day. See you next Wednesday. Be happy, and have a great weekend, good luck with the market.
Please refer to my last Friday's Reminder log and then See what happenened to a Perfect Breakout-----

" BUT 'TWAS A FRIDAY"

Sailing the WAF-----One WEEK at a Time----------------------------------------&------------------------One DAY at a Time
1707438573962.png
Also refer to Frugal Rocks Post on Tuesday's ASF BROKEN TIME ---1.01pm on "Risk Managemet"

Salute and Stay Well
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Ahoy Brave and Loyal Crew

It is EOW now Crew as the Member of the Global Exchange the ASX is Closed

Time to Relax and enjoy the Night

As you Know, I love these Guys but they only have ONE (1) Flaw to their Seamanship Skills

Every Mistake I have ever seen them make is Based on Fundamental Analysis (Sweet FA) or

The LACK of Swet FA that takes them down

We just need to Cut your Sweet FA overboard
and Trust your CHARTS 100% only---
ie: "ALL THE TIME!"

"Do As I Say!"
"Don't Do As I Do!" I Say

"None is Better than Some"-----Enjoy!

Salute and Stay Well
XYZ Yacht.GIF

Last edited:
Ahoy there Recalcitrant Sea Cadet Barney

I may have made a Mistake Letting you back onboard ?

I repeat what I said on the WC8 thread

"As Always Barney
You were caught out again not listening to your Captain re WC8
Be warned!

My father used to say " If you sleep with Rats you get Flees"

If you want to talk to Your loving Rats there is another 1000 threads to reach them!
Did you know that?
Why do you talk to him/them on My SHIP ?

To have such Rubbish / One liners recorded in this Ship's Logs is a Disappointed to Me , My Family My friends and is Shameful
Then to Downgrade the Quality of these Logs IMHO to the Huge ASF DIASPORA is Reprehensible with your half smart nothings

NB: This thread is a Ship's Log
It is not a record of Cocktail Coversations between bored and Lonely Landlubbers

Be Thrice Warned!

NB: The Ship's Cat "LUCKY" has got her eyes on EVERYTHING

1707464824651.jpeg
My only wish Barney is that you don't fall overboard in the first signs of Rough Seas because I like you

Salute and Well Done Crew on another great Week
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gifSteak Chips and Salad is in Order or Fish &Chips

Last edited:
"As Always Barney You were caught out again not listening to your Captain re WC8
Be warned! My father used to say " If you sleep with Rats you get Flees"

Fair go el Capitaan ..... How could I know about last Wednesday's call on WC8 when I was banished to the galley and temporarily (as it turned out) blindfolded from all your orders :wheniwasaboy:
I am quite useful in the galley, but mind reading is not one of my abilities, although to be fair, my chart analysis on WC8 panned out fairly close to the money if I may also humbly blow my own trumpet, lol :happy:

Good call on WC8 btw ...... My treasure chest is currently fully deployed, so I am just an observer on such stocks. Too large a market cap for my liking anyway, but that resembles FA so we will not mention that on this thread lest we are whipped within an inch of our lives:nailbiting:

ps I only congregate with smart Rats .... no fleas!:cat:

1707518984246.png

Fair go el Capitaan ..... How could I know about last Wednesday's call on WC8 when I was banished to the galley and temporarily (as it turned out) blindfolded from all your orders :wheniwasaboy:
I am quite useful in the galley, but mind reading is not one of my abilities, although to be fair, my chart analysis on WC8 panned out fairly close to the money if I may also humbly blow my own trumpet, lol :happy:

Good call on WC8 btw ...... My treasure chest is currently fully deployed, so I am just an observer on such stocks. Too large a market cap for my liking anyway, but that resembles FA so we will not mention that on this thread lest we are whipped within an inch of our lives:nailbiting:

ps I only congregate with smart Rats .... no fleas!:cat:

View attachment 170565
Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Will the Good Cap't be smiling or scowling

"Sailing the Global Exchange is The Greatest Sport Of Them All" and is Best Surveyed over eaqh Week's Ending

"WEEK-ENDS are for CHAMPIONS" --
Learn why You Should Throw All the World's Best Fundamentalists (Sweet FA'ers) Overboard

NB: Once you Leaarn a Little Bit of TA and then a Little Bit More, then More and More and then Lots More

You will Find You Will Get Addicted to Technical Analysis as like in Marijuana

Sailing for Marijuana -----------One WEEK at a Time---------------------------&------------------------One DAY at a Time
1707539654285.png

Salute and Stay Well
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

"It Is Time To Be Concerned"- Wet Weather Gear Is in Order AGAIN for Dawn on Monday
images.jpg

Sailing for US Gov 10 yr -Interest Rates------One WEEK at a Time-------&------------------------One DAY at a Time
1707559071981.png

AND to confirm this Nightmare of an event on Monday
Sailing for US Gov 2 yr -Interest Rates------One WEEK at a Time-------&------------------------One DAY at a Time

1707560404572.png
Don't Blame Me! !------I am Only a Simple Man of the Sea!

What do I know about FA------Absolutely NOTHING DYOR

Salute, Stay Well and make sure ALL your Streaming Services are PAID /Up-To Date
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Ship Surveying the S&P 500 and the S&P 500 Equal Weighted Exposes us to More Warning Signs

Sailing the S&P 500-----------------One WEEK at a Time----------------------&------------------------One DAY at a Time

1707622749306.png

Sailing S&P 500 EQUAL WEIGHTED----------One WEEK at a Time-------&------------------------One DAY at a Time
1707622947623.png
NB; Over the last 2 months the EQUAL Weighted has hardly Moved
IE: She has been Stuck in the Doldrums while the Favourite FIVE (5) Magnificent HOLD CONTROL over the S&P 500

Yes! She looks ready to break-out BUT needs the OLD ECCONOMY classes of sail to find wind
I don't think this will happen until US Interest Rates stop THREATENING to rise again to that Horrible 5% level which for some explicable reason tends Frighten the Natives as if was Armageddon

Salute and Stay Well -
1707625238256.jpeg

Ahoy there My Most Loyal Sea-Cadet Dyna

In the Good Old Days I used to Sell my holdings once they announced their First Dividend

Please Note Meta this week after announcing its First Miniscule Dividend last Friday
It has NOT Moved

Sailing the MAGNIFICENT META---------One WEEK at a Tim----------------&------------------------One DAY at a Time

1707627592536.png
Did you also know that most FUND Managers were/and ARE not allowed to buy the Magnificent 7 as they do not pay out ANY or NEGLIGIBLE dividends
The few that do are SO SMALL they would not pass the Pub Test in Australia

Go Figure!

Salute and Stay Well
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Stop it YOU ! Rats overboard !
This is a serious money making enterprise , here.
I've been having big bets and my finger nails are all gone !
Wait till I get the tax bill .
I'm afraid . Very afraid.

Technical Analysis is Nothing More than "FOLLOWING the MONEY" --
Hopefully the "SMART MONEY!" as we learn the Ropes

As you can all see in the US GOLD MINERS ETF
US Gold Miners are a SHORT Not A BUY IMHO

Sailing the US GOLD MINERS ---------One WEEK at a Time------------------&------------------------One DAY at a Time
1707631162549.png
Bon Voyage SOUTH to You Gold BUGS and Gold RATS
Captain Chaza (2).jpg

Nice ships btw.

ps Interesting assessment on the Gold Buggers and Rats el-Capitaan. I hope you are wrong, but my only Gold stock has certainly been less than impressive of late. :(

I would be interested in yours/anyone's thoughts on why the price of Cocoa has literally gone exponential recently ... and whether you had considered throwing a few doubloons at it at any point? (not now however ... it looks very toppy in the ST) :bookworm: