Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mr. Trump (The Donald) To Win in 2024

I would guess a civil war will break out if Trump is denied the premiership after all that he has been subjected to.

That people would actually rather vote for a senile old fool and his rat cunning wife than the alternatives says heaps about their character... 'cutting off the nose to spite the face' comes to mind.

Taiwan Markets wobble a little as Trmp indicates they need to pay all their defense costs provided by America.
-----

Trump says Taiwan should pay the U.S. for defense; shares of chip giant TSMC fa​

PUBLISHED WED, JUL 17 2024​

His comment was in response to a question on whether he would defend Taiwan against China, as part of an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek published on Tuesday.

A few things I noticed about the assassination attempt on Trump (didn't get them from any website decrying Democrats fault / conspiracy)

Clearly Trump was lucky and there were serious lapses in his protection.

Security resources seemed to be a small army, heaps of SS, two seperate groups of heavily armed tactical response offices, looked like two different groups of local police plus roof snipers.

Coordination appear chaotic was there a failure in clear command to all groups? Was the delay in snipers fire due to the roof apex obscuring their view (they were clearly aware of the shooters presence) or delay in command to shoot?

The SS around Trump clearly committed to protecting him surprisingly only armed with handguns the guys around Regan had stubby full automatics. Not sure it looked right the way they got Trump off the stage.

The young shooter was clearly untrained as it appeared he fired at the head rather than the bigger mass around the chest.

The building the shooter used not being secured (didn't need people of the roof but needed to be checked) was a massive cluster was it due to failed planning, oversite or someone was assigned and didn't cover?

Lots of rear end covering now happening but due to the intense politicisation of the event may never really know what happened IMHO.

BTW the word is Trump's ear is going to be OK

21261987.jpg

Trump backs Joe Biden - was there a reservation?

Young Donald Trump predicts Joe Biden in a 1980 interview​

Really?
I actually posted that. Going to have to Start checking the throw away news again.

No looks like he didn't, shame if it did would have made him a legend apparently spent the day in a room crying instead. :)

Did Donald Trump play golf after the shooting?​

No, it appears that Trump did not play golf after the shooting. He received treatment at a local hospital in Pennsylvania before flying to Newark, New Jersey. There, he was photographed descending from his plane. According to multiple outlets, including CBS New York, Trump did visit the golf course for recovery before leaving for the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The speculation about Trump playing golf after the alleged assassination attempt first surfaced after Republican Senator Mike Lee shared a video on X (formerly Twitter) which showed Trump smiling and waving as he drove a golf kart. “Gets shot. Gets up the next day. Goes golfing,” he wrote in the caption, which seemed to imply the video was filmed after the shooting. Lee later clarified in the comment section of the original post: “The video was uploaded today but *not* taken today.”

Any news on the shooter seems to be wrong. There's news saying he wasn't bullied as much as was made out.

Nothing this stage is really a hard confirmation.

It's surprising that no information is being released as it leaves a lot of theories to blow around. They should have had a picture by now, unless there were more arrests to come.

I hope this vid uploads. Facebook blocked it for some reason. It just shows how lucky the Donald was. I must admit, just on this, I'd vote for him now.

gg