Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

August 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

congratulations @access well done

good work @Sdajii .. see what you can do when not focused on dolls and voodoo šŸ˜‰

good work also to @rcm617

nice job all of you

beating me comprehensively for the cellar-dweller position was @bux2000

not only did i miss out on my second Wooden Spoon but miss my target price for my selection of the month

( GRR)rrrr

great fun everyone

good luck for the coming month

And now to that lowly position on the comp chart that seems to be attracting a lot of attention. For reasons unknown.
To bux2000 you have achieved this well sought after mantel, for which the trophies that go with it are worthless.
A stay in most uncomfortable surroundings with furnishings scavenged from the local rubbish tip.
Reading matter that is at least a year old and a not so plentiful supply of paint stripper, clean skin red.
Also not forgetting the near on useless feather duster that is the mainstay of this abode.
Of course, there is also the Certificate of Do Better Next Month which no doubt will be hung in a place worthy of it.

Wow, what a ride! First place on the first day, then to last place, then back to first place in the last hour of the last day, but access' tip was just too good and secured the win right at the end! Lots of fun this month, congratulations, access, and to rcm617.

divs4ever: I prefer to think of my favourable result being attributable to my successful ousting of the evil frog thanks to my persistent, expert use of voodoo, rather than the cessation of use of voodoo.

...honestly, I hope Mr. Frog takes part again in the future.

For the record, I've been spending a lot of time this week talking to a couple of friends in South East Asia who earn about AU$4 per day, I'll be back with them in September and will spend the prize money taking them out for some decent meals and maybe buy them some basic essentials like washing powder and toiletries. It'll be more appreciated than any of us including myself can really appreciate, and will certainly help them more than it would any of us.

A stay in most uncomfortable surroundings with furnishings scavenged from the local rubbish tip.
Reading matter that is at least a year old and a not so plentiful supply of paint stripper, clean skin red.
Also not forgetting the near on useless feather duster that is the mainstay of this abode.
Of course, there is also the Certificate of Do Better Next Month which no doubt will be hung in a place worthy of it.

Luxury ;)

For the record, I've been spending a lot of time this week talking to a couple of friends in South East Asia who earn about AU$4 per day, I'll be back with them in September and will spend the prize money taking them out for some decent meals and maybe buy them some basic essentials like washing powder and toiletries. It'll be more appreciated than any of us including myself can really appreciate, and will certainly help them more than it would any of us.

Safe travels Mate :xyxthumbs

bux

Luxury ;)

Safe travels Mate :xyxthumbs

bux
don't worry about the quality of the furniture , previous occupants ( like me ) have worn off some of the sharp edges , and bashed some nails flat with the feather duster

now if the council does another side-walk pick-up soon .. a furniture upgrade is possible

Wow, what a ride! First place on the first day, then to last place, then back to first place in the last hour of the last day, but access' tip was just too good and secured the win right at the end! Lots of fun this month, congratulations, access, and to rcm617.

divs4ever: I prefer to think of my favourable result being attributable to my successful ousting of the evil frog thanks to my persistent, expert use of voodoo, rather than the cessation of use of voodoo.

...honestly, I hope Mr. Frog takes part again in the future.

Congratulations Sdajii,

If you had pipped me on the final day it would not have been the first time for it to have happened. It has happened about 2 or 3 times including after leading from day one.

Yes I have a comfortable holding in my SMSF and the journey is only just beginning. Unfortunately EXR did not meet the minimum turnover amount for me to be able to include it in the Annual competition.