Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

January 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

Yes I agree with you @verce it does take a lot of talent thank you :roflmao: but it's too late to try and get me all that back pay now :rolleyes:;).

While I have got you here @debtfree, can you answer (a probably stupid) question for me?

In the case of my pick NGL, how is someone or something allowed to sell a parcel of only $228 of shares and decrease the entire market capitalisation of the company by 5%?

It just doesn't seem orderly or fair. Is this just the reality of robots and microcap stocks?

Thank you! (or anyone else inclined to answer)

Can we introduce some sort of prize for last place? It takes an extraordinary level of effort to find the absolute bottom.
damn right there , as much as i hope i still haven't snagged one

am not so sure on the prize-money , because you have the opportunity to buy at basement prices ( except PAN )

grabbing a handful ( or bagful ) of cheap shares should dwarf any prize-money

While I have got you here @debtfree, can you answer (a probably stupid) question for me?

In the case of my pick NGL, how is someone or something allowed to sell a parcel of only $228 of shares and decrease the entire market capitalisation of the company by 5%?

It just doesn't seem orderly or fair. Is this just the reality of robots and microcap stocks?

Thank you! (or anyone else inclined to answer)
wait until you get smashed by a one or ten share sell on a microcap

and yes that has to be an institutional player or the client of a full service broker

Commsec normally declines to sell my parcels that will net under $20 ( but someone else sells them )

Why would an institution or broker behave like this?
but they do , the broker because that is what the client wishes ( either some legacy holding or a big client has an agenda .. say a prelude to a take-over or bulldozing a seat on the board )

and some institutions seem to have prioritized 'social conscience ' above all other responsibilities ( have a listen to interviews of Kramer back in the days he was in a trading house ) . and remember the Game Stop saga where the big guys were naked shorting ( but the little traders got punished ) ( how dare they short-squeeze the crooks ) and then we have Gensler with the FTX and other cryptos recently

but once you understand the playing field is uneven , opportunities appear ( and you may wish to exploit some of them )

Can we introduce some sort of prize for last place? It takes an extraordinary level of effort to find the absolute bottom.
Mr verce there already is an absolute cracker of a prize for being Tail End Charlie at the end of the month.
It consists dusting duties, PLUS the experience of a lounge chair with no springs, so that you are virtually sitting on the floor and to top it off a reasonable supply of extremely sought after gut rot red for the luckless inhabitant.
If this is going to be you in 20 days time enjoy.

Mr verce there already is an absolute cracker of a prize for being Tail End Charlie at the end of the month.
It consists dusting duties, PLUS the experience of a lounge chair with no springs, so that you are virtually sitting on the floor and to top it off a reasonable supply of extremely sought after gut rot red for the luckless inhabitant.
If this is going to be you in 20 days time enjoy.
not if PTM has anything to do about it

Why would an institution or broker behave like this?
They say "Everything is Fair in Love and War"
I say they are "Milking the Public"
Crikey! Why would anybody go Public?

However, all is not lost
"You Can Do exactly What They Can Do"

Sailing the Global Exchange is "The Greatest Sport of them All"

"It is Also the Most Beautiful and sometimes the Most Merciless"

Wil She Make It to Safe Harbour?

This should be mandatory viewing for all ASF members (or rather, all ASF negative % return pickers like me) :roflmao:

but some do bounce back

so you can lose 100% of the cash invested , but if it does bounce back how much can you gain

now OST/ARI went to zero but BSL went below 40 cents ( $2.40 in the new consolidated share )

what i tore up on OST/ARI i well and truly doubled on BSL

but how do you select the winner from the big zero

however i did not go 'all in ' on either share ( although i did buy a big chunk of BSL in the SPP )

and that might be the lesson .. only bet what you can afford to lose ( and hope you don't )