Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

January 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

MTM Can't Win !

She Tacked 3 weeks ago to the North
The huge Volume of Sellers is Too Large for my liking

Sailing the MTM -------------One WEEK at a time ---------------------------------&-----------------One DAY at a Time

1704438768839.png
Natutally, I could also be wrong
Salute and Gods' Speed at All the Brave

XYZ Yacht.GIF

MTM Can't Win !

She Tacked 3 weeks ago to the North
The huge Volume of Sellers is Too Large for my liking

Sailing the MTM -------------One WEEK at a time ---------------------------------&-----------------One DAY at a Time

View attachment 168325
Natutally, I could also be wrong
Salute and Gods' Speed at All the Brave

View attachment 168326
Thankyou for your thumbs up My Dear Recalcitrant Sea Cadet Barney
I thought you were gone for all time and gone to the darker side of ASF
That's OK with me
I am also looking elsewhere

I thought you were gone for all time and gone to the darker side of ASF ... I am also looking elsewhere

Nothing that serious El Capitaan ..... I agreed with your assessment of MTM .... Based on the recent announcement, the exponential chart rise looks a bit too steep ... That coupled with the high volume wide range pin bar indicates it could retrace .... (imo) ... Could be totally wrong of course and Garps could towel us all up again this month, lol :cool:

Perhaps slightly cruel DF ... but I appreciate you and the Captain have been at logger heads for an extended period.

I'm not sure if the Captain will see the humour in your retort, but it was funny.
I can vouch that the Good cap't has NO sense of humour unless it is he that is making the humour.

I can vouch that the Good cap't has NO sense of humour unless it is he that is making the humour.
@farmerge - what you queried to @Captain_Chaza should not be a rocket science to ask. In the ages of AI, Hi-Tech, QEII, and Torpedo Jets, the humour is different than the level of dry humour and fun that used to be on ships and boats being driven on wind only. So have patience to understand the technology gap here. expectation of humor from different levels :) :)

@farmerge - what you queried to @Captain_Chaza should not be a rocket science to ask. In the ages of AI, Hi-Tech, QEII, and Torpedo Jets, the humour is different than the level of dry humour and fun that used to be on ships and boats being driven on wind only. So have patience to understand the technology gap here. expectation of humor from different levels :) :)
@Miner sadly I am not a recipient of the Good Cap'ts humour or lack of it as I am banned by him presumably forever.

I suppose that I should make some comment about the chances of anyone winning the January Competition, now that MTM has discovered the gravitational effect. .

Having gone carefully through each stock, I would find it hard to imagine anyone with less than a 54.41% improvement in price having a chance at winning.

Although, there are some serious players yapping at my heels in the top 10.

1704688069882.png

gg

I have come to the robust conclusion that the market is personally out to get me. I avoid mining stocks like the plague, but clearly that is the way to go in Australia!

Well done @Garpal Gumnut
Every year is different, even every season. I haven't traded small miners for about 4-6 months and one would need to get in the zone from macro down to local factors before putting hard earned on the cloth.

I find it easier to do this with ASF threads, with a squizz at the AFR, FT and something like Market Index. so when someone like the Don, @Dona Ferentes posts something like this,

You may have peaked too early, gg

I'm quite happy languishing, as I sold down my tip in Dec. ... it's now 16 per cent lower. Real dollars banked.

I prick my ears up and search further, the old questions with which @explod would be familiar, who, what, why, where, which, when etc.

The plan is always to bank real money, not feel good about yeself.

Just sayin'.

gg