Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

January 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

Thanks Idivsie @divs4ever, your skin, good to know, I'll keep it in mind next time I have a bet on some miserable dog in the ASX. And @debtfree for keeping the charts up to date.

1704788013620.png

I often wonder whether having a bet on some of the stocks held by "the usual suspects" below me will prove to be a master strategy. I must admit I've never followed all the stocks closely during a month but I have had a look back at some stocks that were on my radar previously.

What we can say is that the stocks in the green have been looked at closely by many avid and respected punters in the forum, even those who hold little doggies losing, all the way from Iggy @Iggy_Pop all the way down to Knobby @Knobby22. "g'day Knobby, what's the weather like down there?"

Then again some use a dart. Just a dart. It will be fun watching, to see whether I can be toppled. And how. Whether by a fall in MTM or some dog below me shaking from its lying state, getting up and going ape for the requisite rise. Thanks again @debtfree and @Joe Blow for the thread. My favourite thread, even those months when I'm being taught dusting by @Faramir or @Knobby22. :)

Does anyone else ever have a punt on the stocks appearing in the monthly comp.?

gg

Thanks Idivsie @divs4ever, your skin, good to know, I'll keep it in mind next time I have a bet on some miserable dog in the ASX. And @debtfree for keeping the charts up to date.

View attachment 168572

I often wonder whether having a bet on some of the stocks held by "the usual suspects" below me will prove to be a master strategy. I must admit I've never followed all the stocks closely during a month but I have had a look back at some stocks that were on my radar previously.

What we can say is that the stocks in the green have been looked at closely by many avid and respected punters in the forum, even those who hold little doggies losing, all the way from Iggy @Iggy_Pop all the way down to Knobby @Knobby22. "g'day Knobby, what's the weather like down there?"

Then again some use a dart. Just a dart. It will be fun watching, to see whether I can be toppled. And how. Whether by a fall in MTM or some dog below me shaking from its lying state, getting up and going ape for the requisite rise. Thanks again @debtfree and @Joe Blow for the thread. My favourite thread, even those months when I'm being taught dusting by @Faramir or @Knobby22. :)

gg
yes i am often trying to buy my sad tips

but PTM will need to hit 80 cents before i throw some more cash at it

and sometimes ( but not often ) members have a tip in on a stock i already hold , if it plummets i might buy more so far nobody has tipped a stock i hold that has rallied more than 100% ( which might trigger me to reduce the holding )

gg
i think you're talking parallel universes here.

The constraint of a set period, the 1st of the month till EoM, introduces a different set of considerations.

I have held a couple of stocks over the years that would've taken a podium finish, had i entered them but, as stated, it's a test ground, a bit of fun.

Today's quick Comp Update ..... @debtfree is not happy slipping down to 4th spot but @basilio WIN did need a quick chart to show today's great move, up 29.21% :xyxthumbs.

View attachment 168571

Yeah amazing isn't it ? I really don't know what will happen with WIN. Every update on the Nickel resource has been very good. It has certainly proven a viable nickel producing prospect. But the SP is sitting way below par. I don't even have confidence this latest SP jump will hold.

At one stage it just kept powering up as drill after drill demonstrated a substantial, quality asset. But that worm has turned . If I had to think of a good outcome it would be NMT coming back to the stock and putting in sufficient capital to kick off Nickel production . It would be good value for both parties.

View attachment 168572

gg
gg I don't normally take the penny dreasfuls seriously at all. My usual strategy is to paper buy ie buy 100,000 but no coin goes into the pot. Interesting to say the least as all of my picks since I joined in this wonderful exercise have proven to be absolue lame dogs running on 3 legs . But I do enthuse when I get past the no 6 stall. !!!!!

i think you're talking parallel universes here.

The constraint of a set period, the 1st of the month till EoM, introduces a different set of considerations.

I have held a couple of stocks over the years that would've taken a podium finish, had i entered them but, as stated, it's a test ground, a bit of fun.
The other part of the timing issue about putting in real money is that there are plenty of times (ok, so a few), where a speccy stock I have bought gets a decent leg up, and the risk/reward component goes in a direction where I sell it and take profit, and that period can be less than a month, sometimes less than a week.
Always interested in the profit, not the longevity.
Mick

The rooster may be knocked off its perch

which may being on a 20 per cent haircut when trading resumes.
A good name for an Arthur Miller play redux ... Death of a Rooster ...

b9e74e7495710b0a3aefc2245ce3c13b--roosters-chicken.jpg

I can think of another who has spat the dummy lol. and it ain't the Don @Dona Ferentes . Dreadful behaviour. It is just a game, or is it?

Anyway, what a shame, where was I.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

gg

Today's Monthly Comp Update ......... that was a great recovery today by @Knobby22 NMT up 22.86%, last to 13th :xyxthumbs .

View attachment 168631
Well done all today.

@brerwallabi for me is a worry, consistent improvement every trading day.

This little rooster will enjoy his time in the sun with the chickens, short as it may be.

I wish good trading/investing to all in the comp.

gg