Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Feminism

The Internet has ensured that children get more access to pr0n than ever before. Try doing some research (including reading the article I quoted) about the effects of pr0n on young minds and whether you think that's ok. Continued exposure to it is probably just as bad as exposure to religion that you keep complaining about.

Only if they actively search for it, but even still, is disrespecting women the solution?

It's about the effects that their actions have on society and their low standards of public behaviour.

Low standards? Thats your subjective view, as I said a Muslim might think you wife or daughters have low standards for choosing to bare their legs, off course this gives them no right to disrespect them.

If I believe that a women stripping off for money entitles them to less respect than a woman scientist who conducts herself with dignity in public and achieves something positive for society, then I have a right to that opinion, just as I have a right to judge the behaviour of politicians and their antics

Every one is entitled to a certain level of respect for just being human, unless someone is doing something immoral and harming others, you have no right to think less of them as a person.

You can give extra respect to a person for their work in a field that appeals to you, but thinking less of a person just because their line of work involves nudity is just silly, who says sex workers and pr0n stars are not contributing something positive to society anyway?

You do have the rites to your opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion isn't wrong or bigoted.

Look, females are in charge of their own bodies, I don't make the rules, you don't make the rules, they make the rules. If they decide to sleep with multiple men, take nude photos, wear short skirts of anything else, then it in no way gives permission for people to disrespect them.

Every one is entitled to a certain level of respect for just being human, unless someone is doing something immoral and harming others, you have no right to think less of them as a person.

It's a matter of relativity. If I say I respect a scientist more than a stripper that's ok with you ?

It's a matter of relativity. If I say I respect a scientist more than a stripper that's ok with you ?

That's not what you said to begin with, having extra respect for a certain occupation is different from having a distain for individuals with another occupation.

It's fine to look up to a certain group, but looking down on individuals of another group simply because they show certain body parts is wrong. Teach your children, especially your boys to respect all women, and they will grow up to be better people, if they hear you making comments like "look at the skirt shes wearing, she must be a tart/slut" your boys will grow up to think its ok to disrespect girls that wear certain clothes.

tumblr_ms9jirg9qw1qig4hdo1_500.jpg

What if she is stripping to pay for university, will you think low of her then and high later?

----------

Here is an interesting discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if she is stripping to pay for university, you'll think low of her then and high later.

How could anyone think "high" of someone later who compromised by stripping to get a degree?

That's like saying I think lowly of someone because they robbed a bank but highly of them later because they have a mansion and a Ferrari.

This is another example where the law doesn't reflect morality. Both are immoral acts but one is legal. Thank God that even 90% of my atheist friends recognize that stripping is immoral.

Teach your children, especially your boys to respect all women, and they will grow up to be better people, if they hear you making comments like "look at the skirt shes wearing, she must be a tart/slut" your boys will grow up to think its ok to disrespect girls that wear certain clothes.

If boys were more attracted to women for their views and opinions and value to a relationship, rather than for their propensity to flash their parts around for the pleasure of other men, that would be a good thing imo.

I'm not going to go around berating women for exposing their parts, nor am I going to encourage others to do this, I'm just making a comment as to the type of woman I would be more interested in having a relationship with, and its certainly not one whose main claim to fame is providing cheap titillation (pardon the expression) for others.

How could anyone think "high" of someone later who compromised by stripping to get a degree?

That's like saying I think lowly of someone because they robbed a bank but highly of them later because they have a mansion and a Ferrari.

This is another example where the law doesn't reflect morality. Both are immoral acts but one is legal. Thank God that even 90% of my atheist friends recognize that stripping is immoral.

lol, Pav your ridiculous opinions never cease to amaze me. So, If you found out that a female scientist that found a cure for aids through years of painstaking research, had funded her tuition by doing some topless waitressing or working a stripper pole, you wouldn't have any respect for her?

It's nothing like robbing a bank, because nothing is being stolen.

What exactly is immoral about a consenting female taking her clothes off for a consenting audience?

-----------------------

The trouble with public nudity is the high % of not so good looking females. Men should never go out totally nude.

It is no secret in the ranks that junior sports' "Pie Nights" for the charitable Dads, are known to employ female uni students to perform the strip and sex entertainment.

lol, Pav your ridiculous opinions never cease to amaze me. So, If you found out that a female scientist that found a cure for aids through years of painstaking research, had funded her tuition by doing some topless waitressing or working a stripper pole, you wouldn't have any respect for her? It's nothing like robbing a bank, because nothing is being stolen. What exactly is immoral about a consenting female taking her clothes off for a consenting audience? -----------------------

I'd respect her work ethic and dedication to finding a cure and respect her achievements in that particular area. I'd respect her if she acknowledged that what she did was wrong and that she recognize used this and has turned away from it.

A consenting audience... Many of those likely married men. I wonder if their wives are consenting too. Men fulfilling their lustful desires outside of their marriage. It makes he wife feel inadequate and can often make them not measure up in the husbands eyes. This is the slippery slope which can lead to divorce and splitting up families.
Am I going to respect someone who strips knowing that these types of men will come and see them? No way in hell!!!

You are so short sighted and blind.

I'm not going to go around berating women for exposing their parts, nor am I going to encourage others to do this, I'm just making a comment as to the type of woman I would be more interested in having a relationship with, and its certainly not one whose main claim to fame is providing cheap titillation (pardon the expression) for others

In my opinion there is a lot more important things look for in a potential partner than clothing, If your writing off women because of the length of their skirts, that seems very shallow to me.

What would you say if the Kim Kardashian in your video clip was a male waving around an erection ?

Kim wasn't spreading her legs or anything, so it not really fair to compare the waving of an erect penis.

But, I don't care in the slightest if people take nude shots of men erect or not, why would I care. It probably happens every day, I am not affected by it in the slightest.

In my opinion there is a lot more important things look for in a potential partner than clothing, If your writing off women because of the length of their skirts, that seems very shallow to me.

Talk about moving goalposts. I'm talking about complete nudity not the length of skirts.

A consenting audience... Many of those likely married men. I wonder if their wives are consenting too. Men fulfilling their lustful desires outside of their marriage.

If a married man goes to see a stripper, and he knows his wife is not ok with it, so has to lie and break promises they have made, then that man is acting immorally, not the stripper, and not the men who are single or whos wives are fine with it.

Am I going to respect someone who strips knowing that these types of men will come and see them? No way in hell!!!

why not? I respect my local baker, even though he knows some of his customers are overweight and shouldn't be eating his pies, or have promised their partner they will keep to their diet.

Does it happen on TV shows ?

Kim's original photo was in a magazine. the TV show that I uploaded, put the naked photo up but censored it.

But yes you do some times see quick glimpses of penis in tv shows, due to broadcasting rules there wouldn't be an erect penis or any open leg vaginal shots.

A popular show called "game of thrones" showed a penis twice, I don't actually watch it, so I am not sure if it was censored in Australia broadcast.

Kim's original photo was in a magazine. the TV show that I uploaded, put the naked photo up but censored it.

But yes you do some times see quick glimpses of penis in tv shows, due to broadcasting rules there wouldn't be an erect penis or any open leg vaginal shots.

A popular show called "game of thrones" showed a penis twice, I don't actually watch it, so I am not sure if it was censored in Australia broadcast.

I wonder if "feminism" extends to equal rights for women to see parts of male anatomy that men can see of women.

:D

Back on topic please:-

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.

Men want the woman they marry to be a chef in the kitchen, a lady in the living room and a ***** in the bedroom. Not that difficult really ?