Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Feminism

Currently at Sporting Complex. All ages training including teenage girls Footy team. Girls are different alright. Inbetween plays Girls are jumping up on Goalpost using it like a pole dancing pole. Should make it compulsory for adult girls teams right @wayneL :D

I wonder if they see women as being more ethical? Perhaps it is the Gaia (earth mother) feel good syndrome.
Whatever, it is an interesting new direction, I wonder if it was an advertising bloke who thought it up as a new promotional angle? :cool:

What happened when these female-led companies labeled their products ‘women-owned’

A growing number of companies are getting officially certified as woman-owned

Pints of Coolhaus ice cream are labelled with bold logos declaring that the sweet treat is made from cage-free eggs, organic cane sugar and “real” California milk. But one logo gets a bigger reaction than the others: A dark pink W surrounded by the words “certified women-owned.”

“It’s been a huge success,” said Coolhaus co-founder Natasha Case. “Once we put that seal on there, the way it’s connected and resonated on social media, with buyers, with shoppers, with clients — it’s been massive.” More.....

A growing number of companies are getting officially certified as woman-owned

I would probably try to avoid products from that company. I find such statements as offensive and sexist as a company saying it's "man owned". Businesses have to sell to both sexes unless they are exclusive to men's or women's markets so there is no sense in sticking it up half the population.

There is the sense if the money is there.all about money....ironic isn't it coming from Sanders fan club...
Would obviously boycott any such thing here.my money my power

I would probably try to avoid products from that company. I find such statements as offensive and sexist as a company saying it's "man owned". Businesses have to sell to both sexes unless they are exclusive to men's or women's markets so there is no sense in sticking it up half the population.

I agree I also find it offensive and sexist but that is how I felt about the whole feminist movement when it all began back in the day.

Would obviously boycott any such thing here.my money my power

This is my temptation as well.

If you are a woman and do something well, just get on with it and do it, gender doesn't matter. A mindset of gender neutral is a good place to be. It is almost as if these young women feel inferior in some way and are saying "See I am a woman but I am still doing something". Grow up girlies!

Vegan cafe that boasted about charging male customers an 18% 'man tax' and seating women first is now closing down

A vegan cafe that charged male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' to highlight the gender wage gap is closing down.

Handsome Her, in Melbourne's trendy Brunswick, made headlines in 2017 when it announced it would tackle gender inequalities by charging men more and seating women first.

But the cafe, run by green activist Alex O'Brien, announced it would shut up shop on April 28, after just two years of trading.

It was not immediately clear why the cafe, billed as a safe space for women and lesbians, is closing, but it has faced widespread backlash for it's perceived reverse sexism. More..

Vegan cafe that boasted about charging male customers an 18% 'man tax' and seating women first is now closing down

A vegan cafe that charged male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' to highlight the gender wage gap is closing down.

Handsome Her, in Melbourne's trendy Brunswick, made headlines in 2017 when it announced it would tackle gender inequalities by charging men more and seating women first.

But the cafe, run by green activist Alex O'Brien, announced it would shut up shop on April 28, after just two years of trading.

It was not immediately clear why the cafe, billed as a safe space for women and lesbians, is closing, but it has faced widespread backlash for it's perceived reverse sexism. More..

How sad. :cool:

Left Vows To Topple Patriarchy By Allowing Biological Males To Dominate Women's Sports
June 3rd, 2019
article-4295-3.jpg

"The Patriarchy needs to be smashed, women need to be empowered, and men who identify as women need to be active in women's contact sports!" one Portland LGBT activist told reporters. "Once every single female sport in America is utterly dominated by biological males who identify as women, the criminal hierarchy of men utterly dominating all aspects of life will be broken---this is not hard!"

https://babylonbee.com/news