• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
Interesting read on Tesla opening up access to its supercharger network, it should get the frog fired up. :whistling: :roflmao:

Why? All good, business transaction wo my tax dollars involved let all the EV owners unite and fund their dream.
100% for it.
Could not care less..

Australian state and federal governments are set to introduce a range of new standards that will crack down on unreliable and broken electric vehicle (EV) chargers.

As reported by The Driven, a new uptime standard will be imposed nationwide from January next year which will require all state-funded EV chargers to function properly at least 98 per cent of the time.

Yeah, of course, and who is going to monitor the compliance?
Don't tell me its self reporting!
Mick
Well Tritium are off. :whistling:

Tritium's annual general meeting in Brisbane on Thursday heard that the factory, employing about 400 people in suburban Murarrie, will shut on December 22 as it prepares to move all its manufacturing operations to the US.

Australian state and federal governments are set to introduce a range of new standards that will crack down on unreliable and broken electric vehicle (EV) chargers.

As reported by The Driven, a new uptime standard will be imposed nationwide from January next year which will require all state-funded EV chargers to function properly at least 98 per cent of the time.
Ahh the left: sorting issue with rulings and laws..good luck

Some interesting comment on how electric cars are piling up in dealer lots in the States - from financialsense podcast which I have linked with instructions in the Woodside WDS subforum.

Doesn't say it was an EV but it's not an unreasonable assumption.

Why would that be a reasonable assumption? petrol cars are 20 times more likely to catch fire than an electric car.

(not to mention you can see in the photo it has an engine, biased much?)

https://thedriven.io/2023/05/16/petrol-and-diesel-cars-20-times-more-likely-to-catch-fire-than-evs/

Some interesting comment on how electric cars are piling up in dealer lots in the States - from financialsense podcast which I have linked with instructions in the Woodside WDS subforum.
I wouldn't be to worried, Tesla sold 1.3 Million cars last year and is still on track to sell 1.8 Million this year, So a slow down in one quarter is not really something to worry about.

When it comes to the other manufacturers, I can see they have problems and probably will struggle for a while until they learn to build EV's that can compete with Tesla.

In the good ole USA, Pickup Trucks are still reigning supreme.
from Statista
1701928913212.png573,00
In the first nine months of the year, the first three places were all filled by pickup trucks.
The Ford F150 sold 573,370 pickups, of which around 12,500 were the all electric F150.
the Ford F series has been the best selling model every year for the last 40 years.
It remains to be seen whether the Tesla cybertruck will cannibalise any of the existing pickup trucks, or the buyers of the cybertruck will be new entrants in that segment of the market.
Mick

In the good ole USA, Pickup Trucks are still reigning supreme.
from Statista
View attachment 166833573,00
In the first nine months of the year, the first three places were all filled by pickup trucks.
The Ford F150 sold 573,370 pickups, of which around 12,500 were the all electric F150.
the Ford F series has been the best selling model every year for the last 40 years.
It remains to be seen whether the Tesla cybertruck will cannibalise any of the existing pickup trucks, or the buyers of the cybertruck will be new entrants in that segment of the market.
Mick

The Ford F series is basically 6 different models built on the same basic chassis and drive chain. So if you add the Tesla Model 3 and Y sales together (because they are built on the same chassis and are basically just different cabins) you get a number that is pretty close to the Ford F-series numbers.

Talking about cyber truck, did every one see the Cyber truck beat a Porsche in a drag race, while it was towing a Porsche hahaha.

The Ford F series is basically 6 different models built on the same basic chassis and drive chain. So if you add the Tesla Model 3 and Y sales together (because they are built on the same chassis and are basically just different cabins) you get a number that is pretty close to the Ford F-series numbers.

Talking about cyber truck, did every one see the Cyber truck beat a Porsche in a drag race, while it was towing a Porsche hahaha.

Well if you want to play that game, you need to add al the other Ford vehicles, the Escape Explorer, Bronco, Edge Mustang, and then of course there is the transit vans, the Big trucks etc etc.
The point was that the Yanks like pickups, they fill the first three places.
And they especially like Ford Pickups.
Mick

Well if you want to play that game, you need to add al the other Ford vehicles, the Escape Explorer, Bronco, Edge Mustang, and then of course there is the transit vans, the Big trucks etc etc.
The point was that the Yanks like pickups, they fill the first three places.
And they especially like Ford Pickups.
Mick
No, I am just talking about the F-series which as the name suggests is a series of Models.

Eg- F-150, f-250, f-350, f-450, f-550 etc

They aren’t one model, there are 6 variants of just the f-150.

The Tesla Model 3 and Y are basically the same car built on the same platform, the Y just has a larger hatch back cab.

They could have just called the model Y the model 3 max, and then counted the whole lot as the “model 3 series”. The model 3 and Y are more similar than the F-150 and F-350 are.

IMG_9826.jpegIMG_9827.jpegIMG_9829.jpegFor those that confused by what I am saying above. The ford F-series is a range of utes that are very different.

For example here is a picture of the f-150 vs f-650. Compare that to to Tesla model Y and 3 which are actually the exact same platform just slightly different cabin sizes and one is a hatch back vs a sedan.

I know I should not bother playing your one upmanship games , but I will always call out BS when I see it.
if you look at the the original site where I quoted the figures, you can highlight the F -series and see that it only includes the light and medium duty trucks, the F150, F-250 and F-350.
The pickups in the F-series do not include any commercials trucks like the " f-450, f-550 etc " as you suggest.
Mick

I know I should not bother playing your one upmanship games , but I will always call out BS when I see it.
if you look at the the original site where I quoted the figures, you can highlight the F -series and see that it only includes the light and medium duty trucks, the F150, F-250 and F-350.
The pickups in the F-series do not include any commercials trucks like the " f-450, f-550 etc " as you suggest.
Mick
Even if you only include those three models from the Fseries, it’s still no different than including the model 3 and Y together.

As I said the Model 3 and Y are built on the same platform, same battery, same motors, same seats, same interior etc and are basically just a variation of the same model, one is sedan one is hatch back with a slightly larger cabin, that’s the only difference,

Counting the 3 & Y together is no different than counting the different f series together.

Did you know there are 6 versions of the F-150 alone? So the F-series has like 12 different models in total.

————————
None of this really bothers me, I don’t really care how many F-series are sold. All I am pointing out is that if you really want to compare which series of models are out selling others, you should probably count the 3 and Y together if you are going to count the f-150 f-250 and f350 together.