• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
Absolutely, the torque generated by an electric motor is enormous. The charge might only last 5 minutes if you do that but you can shred tyres all you want.

Thanks @SirRumpole .

My next question is does it have a clutch in the same position as a clutch on a motor.

I am thinking along the lines of young people at drive-ins and their reproductive capacity. Some of my fondest memories are of clutch on clutch but it was a bother.

gg

Absolutely, the torque generated by an electric motor is enormous. The charge might only last 5 minutes if you do that but you can shred tyres all you want.

Hahaha, and you won’t wake up the babies in the neighborhood, or disturb me as I try and watch Deadpool 2 tonight on channel 7.

Thanks @SirRumpole .

My next question is does it have a clutch in the same position as a clutch on a motor.

I am thinking along the lines of young people at drive-ins and their reproductive capacity. Some of my fondest memories are of clutch on clutch but it was a bother.

gg

I think EV's are probably duds as chick magnets.

Too quiet and smooth. The girls seem to like the low vibrations of V8's . It's probably a primal thing.

Thanks @SirRumpole .

gg

No clutch in Tesla’s, there is only 2 gears (forward and reverse hahaha)

you barely even need the brake Pedal unless it’s for an emergency stop.

Teslas are all about the 1 pedal driving. (It’s weird at first, but super awesome once you get used to it)

Being Electric Cars I presume they come with a cigar lighter.

Or does it interfere with the circuitry to divert the power to a lighter?

gg

Being Electric Cars I presume they come with a cigar lighter.

Or does it interfere with the circuitry to divert the power to a lighter?

gg

they have the cigarette lighter slot, for power access, but don’t actually come with an actual lighter.

The Tesla Ute is actually going to have 240 volt outlets on it you can plug tools into, much better than a lighter slots.

they have the cigarette lighter slot, for power access, but don’t actually come with an actual lighter.

The Tesla Ute is actually going to have 240 volt outlets on it you can plug tools into, much better than a lighter slots.
I'm getting very interested in Electric cars. I have a cigar lighter to plug in that will be just like a bought one.

Thanks @Value Collector

gg

Imagine the efficiency, the cabinet maker can build the kitchen in the back of the ute, while the car drives to the job autonomously.
The possibilities are limitless, with a Tesla.:D

Electric motors make instant/full torque all the time. They're actually the best motor for towing that there is because of it... assuming the batteries can last.

electric_motor_speed_vs_torque_power.png

vs

58863cb65bd5ff6ed7edb03f419b51c6.jpg

Can you push a Tesla if it breaks down?
Is there a neutral?
Yes there is a neutral.

but also there is less moving parts, so the are more reliable, also Tesla’s come with free road side assistance for the life of the vehicle.

Electric motors make instant/full torque all the time. They're actually the best motor for towing that there is because of it... assuming the batteries can last.

electric_motor_speed_vs_torque_power.png

vs

58863cb65bd5ff6ed7edb03f419b51c6.jpg

yep, that’s why all the heavy haul trains are electric (diesel motors only power generators).

The other benefit is if you tow a load up a hill, that extra weight will help you generate more charge on the way down the other side using your regen braking, rather than Burning through your brake pads.

Yes there is a neutral.

but also there is less moving parts, so the are more reliable, also Tesla’s come with free road side assistance for the life of the vehicle.
I presume that more handy people than I could drop a Tesla battery in to the Arnage and modify it as the bloke did in the video above that @basilio posted. It was a bloody Range Rover, so I guess it's possible.

I love my Arnage.

gg