• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
In the interests on putting up some content for the "Car guys" among us.

Here is a video of a drag race between a road legal Tesla Model S and the $1 Million+ Super cheap auto V8 super car.

(it drags two cars, one road legal and one super car)

Yes, that is insane alright.

More than a match for an Arnage too. :cool:

Let me ask you a very simple question chronos:

If australia's yearly rainfall, say, quadrupled from here on out, what infrastructure (drains, rivers etc) do you think the government would need to build to deal with it?

Yes there is a neutral.

but also there is less moving parts, so the are more reliable, also Tesla’s come with free road side assistance for the life of the vehicle.
I only say that because I had to push an old guy on an electric scooter once. He didn't know how to disengage the motor and it was like pushing a concrete block up a hill.
I pushed him about 600 metres into a servo and bolted.

If australia's yearly rainfall, say, quadrupled from here on out, what infrastructure (drains, rivers etc) do you think the government would need to build to deal with it?

Oh that is fantastic !!! Have you always been able to troll like that or did you receive special lessons ?
Please share !

And of course we can all wait for a few minutes while the undisputed Master of the Universe finds a fresh envelope and resharpens his pencil to give us the definitive, unimpeachable answer to that very perspicuous query. Shouldn't take long now . The big question of course is

"How many nuclear reactors will we need to build to address that critical totally overlooked issue "

Well done .:D

Being Electric Cars I presume they come with a cigar lighter.

Or does it interfere with the circuitry to divert the power to a lighter?

Thinking about it, I can only recall seeing someone use a lighter in a car for the purpose of actually lighting a cigarette or cigar maybe once or twice in my life.

Even when smoking was more common than it is now, very few used those lighters for that purpose at least in my experience.

You are perhaps an exception there? :D

I'm going to run out of popcorn and Panadol if this keeps up.

gg

This is break time while Chronos hunts for a new envelope. You've got 10minutes to get your supplies in.
Meanwhile you can ponder whether it would make sense to make your Arnage electric.

I reckon it would be unique, uber cool and probably a very shrewd way to minimise future maintenance costs. And I think it would actually improve the value of the car.:2twocents

Oh that is fantastic !!! Have you always been able to troll like that or did you receive special lessons ?
Please share !

And of course we can all wait for a few minutes while the undisputed Master of the Universe finds a fresh envelope and resharpens his pencil to give us the definitive, unimpeachable answer to that very perspicuous query. Shouldn't take long now . The big question of course is

"How many nuclear reactors will we need to build to address that critical totally overlooked issue "

Well done .:D
I'm actually legitimately concerned he's going to find some study or whatever and quote its results.

What do you reckon the odds of that happening are, 60/40?

This is break time while Chronos hunts for a new envelope. You've got 10minutes to get your supplies in.
Meanwhile you can ponder whether it would make sense to make your Arnage electric.

I reckon it would be unique, uber cool and probably a very shrewd way to minimise future maintenance costs. And I think it would actually improve the value of the car.:2twocents
After I get au fait with all these Cloud and Defence companies and their charts look less like a morse code message.

gg

In the interests on putting up some content for the "Car guys" among us.

Here is a video of a drag race between a road legal Tesla Model S and the $1 Million+ Super cheap auto V8 super car.

(it drags two cars, one road legal and one super car)

For those with an electrical background, it isnt about the grunt, its about how long you can keep grunting.:D

dams :)

Well that would be a GOOD idea, but a NEEDED one is a different thing frog. I'm talking just purely to deal with all the water now pouring from the heavens/making sure we don't all get flooded.

Well that would be a GOOD idea, but a NEEDED one is a different thing frog. I'm talking just purely to deal with all the water now pouring from the heavens/making sure we don't all get flooded.
I know and I understand the difference between peak and average...
living in qld, this is especially relevant as an example as our above average rainfall is usually just a couple of torrential rain events often coupled to cyclones around(well within 2000 km)
The key issues as i mentioned is that in the residential areas we will see a need between 6PM and 6AM with is basically a 12h window with the first 3 h of heavy demands for AC, cooking etc in QLd at least
Unless no one works anymore?
All on jobkeeper to save the grid...;-)

Developers will get caught short that haven't allowed for mass adoption. Not as simple as just plugging into a power point in a block of units. No doubt the charging will be throttled similar to internet via a management system. Substations would also need to be upgraded.

Do I have to pay to charge an EV?
If I didn't, couldn't I steal enough to run my household? Obviously if I worked at an office.