• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
The average person isn't interested in that. They are interested in saving money, practicality and convenience. That equals ICE vehicles for a very long time. If I had to choose between an electric vehicle or a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle; I choose hydrogen. However I don't even have a car or drive; public transport is adequate for me.

EV’s are cheaper when you factor in the much lower cost of fueling it and the almost none existent routine maintenance.

And as I pointed out they are far more convenient to fuel compared to going to the service station.

But as you just said you don’t even have a car, so perhaps you don’t really understand those points either.

EV’s are cheaper when you factor in the much lower cost of fueling it and the almost none existent routine maintenance.

And as I pointed out they are far more convenient to fuel compared to going to the service station.

But as you just said you don’t even have a car, so perhaps you don’t really understand those points either.

OK; let it rip. 100% EVs.

Now I would like to look at what the implications are. Where is the QLDFrog, so we can get back to our exercise.

The hydrogen fuel cell automotive industry segment is in its infancy. As I said, in a decade or two, we can't say with any certainty that full EVs will still be around.

keep in mind that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are EV’s.

So either way EV’s are the future, so all you are debating is whether is best to run those EV’s with hydrogen tanks or batteries.

As some one who actually has owned an EV for nearly a year, I can say that I much prefer the Battery system, it’s easy to charge myself, and it’s much easier to roll out infrastructure.

keep in mind that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are EV’s.

So either way EV’s are the future, so all you are debating is whether is best to run those EV’s with hydrogen tanks or batteries.

As some one who actually has owned an EV for nearly a year, I can say that I much prefer the Battery system, it’s easy to charge myself, and it’s much easier to roll out infrastructure.

Yes they are EVs with a hydrogen fuel tank. It is like comparing a turbo prop to a gas turbine engine.

But you have never pulled an engine apart and put it back together, so you wouldn't understand or know how engines work.

OK; good so we can look at the implication now, with a forecast of 10 -20 years for 100% EVs :roflmao:

Knock yourself out, just try and learn a bit more so your assumptions aren’t as crazy this time.

also it wouldn’t ever be 100% I mean some people still ride horses, I imagine petrol cars will stick around for a long time, but they will increasing just be for enjoyment purposes, of special situations.

people will want EV’s for their daily commute and work cars.

Knock yourself out, just try and learn a bit more so your assumptions aren’t as crazy this time.

My assumptions aren't crazy; I have said from the start that we are looking at TWs of electricity and trillions of dollars, for 100% EVs for the USA.

Now we have to do it in 10-20 years according to you :roflmao:

My assumptions aren't crazy; I have said from the start that we are looking at TWs of electricity and trillions of dollars for the USA.

Now we have to do it in 10-20 years according to you :roflmao:

I think every one here can see your assumptions are crazy except for you.

anyway I am done here for now, I am going to try and get an ink master episode in before dinner, and big brother is on after that.

good night.

I think every one here can see your assumptions are crazy except for you.

anyway I am done here for now, I am going to try and get an ink master episode in before dinner, and big brother is on after that.

good night.

Sorry I think you're crazy thinking we will have 100% EVs within 10 to 20 years.

Why don't we do a survey on here to see if people think that you're a nut job thinking that we will have 100% EVs in 10 to 20 years in the USA!

Good to see that you're spending your time in retirement productively.

Still wondering what the problem with the whole "charge from home or hotel carpark" situation I mentioned is?

Still wondering what the problem with the whole "charge from home or hotel carpark" situation I mentioned is?

Still wondering why we can't finish our exercise, so that we can get some decent information to make informed investment decisions in EV companies over long-term horizons.

Basilio needs to gagged so that the verbal vomit doesn't containment and derail the thread and exercise.

Value Collector can stay in his grand delusions within the Tesla induced hypnosis, if he likes.

Well, I think we have been missing a trick, all EV or all hydrogen, the extremes.

We haven't even discussed hybrids which in my view are more attractive to the non sophisticated consumer, which means most people out there.

Petrol or diesel in the country, battery electric in the city, plug in at home too. No range fear , take advantage of which fuel is the cheapest, no need to be dependent on the oil companies or the electric companies, the best of both worlds.

Strange that a lot of people only see the extremes and don't see the middle ground, like politics really. ;)

Well, I think we have been missing a trick, all EV or all hydrogen, the extremes.

We haven't even discussed hybrids which in my view are more attractive to the non sophisticated consumer, which means most people out there.

Petrol or diesel in the country, battery electric in the city, plug in at home too. No range fear , take advantage of which fuel is the cheapest, no need to be dependent on the oil companies or the electric companies, the best of both worlds.

Strange that a lot of people only see the extremes and don't see the middle ground, like politics really. ;)

It all comes down to personal preference. If I was going to buy a car right now; I would like to buy a Ferrari California. If I had to choose between a hydrogen fuel cell or full electric vehicle; I would choose the hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. If I was forced to buy an electric vehicle; I would buy a Porsche Taycan.

I don't won't to be worried about having to recharge my car every night for ~10 hours. Then having to worry about sitting in a recharge station for 30 mins to recharge my car. It isn't practical and convenient for me.

Anyway, I live in a large city, single with no kids. I don't really need a car.

I was going to mention this, but the thread is about electric cars, not hybrids.

I can see hybrids being the default until batteries last 12+ hours of driving.

I was going to mention this, but the thread is about electric cars, not hybrids.

I can see hybrids being the default until batteries last 12+ hours of driving.

upload_2020-7-14_18-7-9.png

That is 1389375 GW/h per year of electricity the USA will need to go 100% EV, based on 2019 figures.

Ask your mate who is an electrical engineer, if this is a small number and how much it will cost.

I don't want to keep moving forward with this exercise because there are some people on here that are only interested in taking cheap shots. That is why I am getting consensus before moving forward.

Sorry I think you're crazy thinking we will have 100% EVs within 10 to 20 years.

I actually said we wouldn’t ever be 100%.

but you can misconstrue what I say as much as you like if it helps you get through the night, any way don’t have anymore time for you.

bye.