Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Economic implications of a SARS/Coronavirus outbreak

the meds say NO alcohol , coffee , garlic

and am definitely not gay

the only thing i liked in Adelaide last time was an independent pawn-broker who is probably out of business now , and am no longer looking to be a landlord , so cheap worker cottages to rent out aren't on the plans either

and now the place will be flooded with Victorians trying to escape Desperate Dan and probably a few from NSW just looking for a steady job ( that isn't disrupted by lock-downs )

actually there is a TINY group of them , but they are vastly out-numbered by Left-wing ones
But remember,plebs, they are the danger: a whole TVbshow a couple of weeks ago about how dangerous to Australia and NZ these far right guys were, just in time for last week throad slashing exercises by another islamist in nz.
Sorry deranged mind .

but governments REFLECT , the nation was NOT locked down by a knife-wielding radical but WAS locked-down trying to limit an invisible virus who harmed less people in the same week

and both are immigrants ( allowed by government policy )

we will be needing a new PM are you willing to rescind any other citizenship entitlements ??

if no , then there are several Premier spots up for grabs

ahh well this thread has fallen off a cliff a long time ago, but steering slightly towards the topic. Bank accounts closed for being anti govt/covid?

WOW and i dumped my WBC holding just because they were 'virtue-signalling' and not getting serious about the remedy of past sins

( i still have a handful of WBC because i dumped ex-div. )

i guess such banks won't have a lot of depositor support to 'bail-in ' it is amazing to see the BIG 4 shamed in the Hayne Royal Commission acting so sanctimonious now

Covid did nothing at all as a disease to reduce demand itself, but lockdowns did and hide coming issues.
Now these issues pop up as a surprise

Covid did nothing at all as a disease to reduce demand itself, but lockdowns did and hide coming issues.
Now these issues pop up as a surprise
We are talking days and week, not years ahead

Endless stuff like this all over the news now:

234562346234562436256245.jpg

3245634576375.jpg
2346523625462456.jpg3476374537535.jpg
3456376373457.jpg3567356783568356856.jpg3267356783568.jpg

8948948486934.jpg

Everyone are getting the jitters. Follow-up post in a moment.

Well, the RBA's decided to stick with the taper plan:

24562624524572457.jpg

Left the 3 year yield target at 0.1 as well. Keeping the purchases at $4B/week for the rest of the year.

AUD's run in response.

Another direct effect of the covid scam reactions is Holiday units rentals.
As many others with airbnb, managed holiday units etc, the Frog has a seaside seaview ip rented as holiday unit on the sunny coast.
By location and style.. it is actually liveable, there is a huge asset price increase on the unit..but until sold, no extra dollars, worse with extra valuation comes extra taxes....
And thanks to lockdown mad nutter state premier, returns are devastated.
Winter months returns are slashed with no NZ or southern state tourists.
Then last minutes lockdowns or changes of holidays created havocs on bookings.
There is a lot of $ going in smoke from Airbnb extra room to holiday units,each contributing a lot to local economy: cleaners, local agents, restaurants and fast food bars to tourist tours.a lot of income and tax dollars which is still going even with not a single case of the actual flu

24356245624562456.jpg

I've been predicting that pie graph to essentially be the work/office structure of the future for quite some time now. Lower end personnel in the office less, as you go up the food chain you need to physically be in the office more and more (for all kinds of reasons), once you get to the senior ranks you need to be there all the time (for what I would think are obvious reasons).