Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Economic implications of a SARS/Coronavirus outbreak

am not sure the 'vaccines' will be the solution , they MIGHT be increasing the problem ( excessive inequality without accompanying productivity )

i would be curled up in laughter , if all the 'new connectivity' was disrupted by solar activity , or a change in the Earths magnetic fields
A nice solar flare could help set back mankind priorities

modern society is being faced with a choice , start walking progress back to a world where real skills are rewarded most ( or even further back ) , or forward into a woke new world where truth and reality are treason ( or terrorism ) and productivity will shrink into insignificance

A nice solar flare could help set back mankind priorities
And would show the folly of excessive reliance on technology and electronic interconnectedness.

Any thoughts of a cashless society would be sorted pretty quickly by 1 unfortunately directed solar flare... Or even just a nuke blast in the stratosphere..

Either would totally disable any first world country as things stand at the moment.

Seeing Centrelink lines snaking down the footpath and people eating into their super recently,many have reached that cashless moment.
Is it time for more toilet paper?

And would show the folly of excessive reliance on technology and electronic interconnectedness.

Any thoughts of a cashless society would be sorted pretty quickly by 1 unfortunately directed solar flare... Or even just a nuke blast in the stratosphere..

Either would totally disable any first world country as things stand at the moment.
that has been the deterrent in the world SO FAR

now a bio-weapon ( or chemical weapon ) that leaves infrastructure intact ... that has a lot of appeal to some .

but as i see it the IoT ( internet of Things ) does have it's flaws , another is the assumption that data will be transferred without error across huge amounts of data or will be insignificant if they happen

Seeing Centrelink lines snaking down the footpath and people eating into their super recently,many have reached that cashless moment.
Cashless is not necessarily the same as cashless.

But there may soon be a correlation between cash and toilet paper.

My idea is to have assets readily converted to whatever medium of exchange is expedient at the time...
Which might be kalashnikovs and 7.62s... who the hell knows?

or a substitute , , that could be prudent ( even if you trade it later )

knowledge will become very valuable to those that can apply that knowledge ( so maybe even some dusty old books could be better than gold )

that has been the deterrent in the world SO FAR

now a bio-weapon ( or chemical weapon ) that leaves infrastructure intact ... that has a lot of appeal to some .

but as i see it the IoT ( internet of Things ) does have it's flaws , another is the assumption that data will be transferred without error across huge amounts of data or will be insignificant if they happen
Error checking is really mastered, the problem is more on assumption of delivery, and or software bugs

Error checking is really mastered, the problem is more on assumption of delivery, and or software bugs
I initially thought :
covid, before it became a pseudo pandemic, and at the time no one knew if it was a real threat, would make society harden its process and lower its dependencies.
The opposite happened.
2 y down the track, billions wasted, not a single extra hospital bed built for that purpose, vs China built emergency hospital in weeks, still importing made in China masks by the billions, even unable to manage existing hostel rooms as quarantine
Medical research focused on money rent, not sorting the problem
A statin#2 cash cow
No pan Australia strategy, and each supposedly state leader acting like mini Nero.
No plan but increasing power, and a mass of sheeps unable to do basic maths but willing to sacrifice kids as soon as they are over 60...
And here even locking citizens into house or state arrest
amnesty international was doing marches for less in the 1990s.
Pathetic.the west and its people deserves its fall.history an eternal repeat
Rome burning and Romans enjoying their footy and nrl equivalent, while Goths were slaughering villages at the gates..see Bataclan, NZ yesterday and Talibans lining up for the next target
Disgusted

??? not on some of the ( not that ) old servers i was setting up , i was getting some amazing error generation issues , some turned out to be virtually useless . ( and that was outside of a high RF environment , as well )
but of course the hardware providers blame the software , that excuse has been working since the 1980's

and if data delivery accuracy is suspect maybe they need shielded cables ( have been shocked where that has been ignored )

Cashless is not necessarily the same as cashless.

But there may soon be a correlation between cash and toilet paper.

My idea is to have assets readily converted to whatever medium of exchange is expedient at the time...
Which might be kalashnikovs and 7.62s... who the hell knows?
Same result