Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSL - CSL Limited

Yeah, it looks awesome. Congratulations CSL!

If the price doesn't move today, I will buy more too. However, I think it will be moving up :D

Yeah, it looks awesome. Congratulations CSL!

If the price doesn't move today, I will buy more too. However, I think it will be moving up :D

I did buy another tranche, quite a bit dearer than my previous one 34.51. i just think we its underpriced.

I did buy another tranche, quite a bit dearer than my previous one 34.51. i just think we its underpriced.

Its down about 4% from that price. I dont know why, I thought the result was very good. Had a bit of a run up coming into the result though.

Its down about 4% from that price. I dont know why, I thought the result was very good. Had a bit of a run up coming into the result though.

Don't I know it! :( It appears that the guidence for FY10 is less than expected if present currency levels are maintained. Bit neboulous I would have thought. PE is around 17. This to me is inexpensive for such a good company.

EPS 192.5, higher than forecast.
final dividend of 40c, very nice.
Plenty of cash in hand.
Looking cheap to me. Glad I bought some more last month, may buy more.

I expected it to be up after news like that, instead it peaked today at $34.65 up over 2% early but fell to $33.12 down 1.3% for the day. Anyone care to explain?

I expected it to be up after news like that, instead it peaked today at $34.65 up over 2% early but fell to $33.12 down 1.3% for the day. Anyone care to explain?

Look, i think it's a psychological thing with CSL. It has been struggling for a few weeks-months now. Around a month ago, it had trouble exceeding $32.00. Also, divs aren't that good. Plus, my guess is that alot of people bought in at $29-30, and have now reached a good profit...

Just my :2twocents

Makes no sense to me, profits up 63%. Almost double final dividend from last year. Shares go down?

But Qantas profits dive by 66%. No dividend to be paid this year. Shares go up!????

They could open their wallet a bit more for higher yield :D
their dividend isn't that great.

and the market has move on from defensive to a risk taker that
may offer higher reward

Hahaha, it has gone down even more today! :eek:

There is only one thing I can think of. With the expected growth of this financial year and the current price, the PEG is about 1(ish). That supposedly means that the stock is at a "fair" price.

The thing is, CSL tends to (from what I have seen) underestimate its revenue.

Oh well, I'll buy more, its a good price :cool:

down over 3% as of 11:22 great! Who would have imagined. Well I for one won't be selling until it hits minimum $35.00

CSL has been a classic case of 'buy on the rumour, sell on the fact', share price build up over the past few weeks and now correcting back down. Should prove some good support around $31.00 level from my quick analysis. Maybe consider buying there... just my :2twocents though, not an avid follower of CSL but have been watching their price and it has come up on my watch list.

Absolutely frustrating.

It took 2 weeks to gain 10% and 2 days to loose 7.5% after declaring the best report among the blue chips. It should be 35 at least.

Frustrating, yesterday big rally, CSL doesn't move, today down around 1.7% in early trade, I purchased 200 at 29.865, now I wonder if I will be selling to break even.

CSL Share buyback

A couple of questions from a beginner.

Does the share buyback keep a lid on prices or push prices higher?
What will happen to the price when the share buyback ends?

Re: CSL Share buyback

A couple of questions from a beginner.

Does the share buyback keep a lid on prices or push prices higher?
What will happen to the price when the share buyback ends?

Theoretically it will push up the price but the price often rises before the buyback in anticiapation so in reality it has no effect.

When the buyback ends what the shares do can vary greatly. What sometimes happens is that there are buyers waiting for the buyback to finish hoping to get them on a downswing but if there are too many of them the share price can rise quitre quickly. Very hard to predict.

From my limited knowledge of the way things work it looks to me that CSL's buy back will be finished within 3 weeks time. I hope that will signal the start of something positive for a change. Otherwise I may abandon ship for some finer seas

Hi all

Beginner here. I've read so much about CSL and it seems like an extremely promising company. Great track record, a good outlook, great management, and at today's prices, pretty good value too.

If this is the case, why has their share price been so stagnant for a while.

Always thought that buying into a business of this calibre would reap rewards. Perhaps market has already priced all of this in? however various peolpe have price targets of much more than this

What's your feeling?

I too am quite surprised on CSL lack of performance..
since March i haven't seen any positive action if anything it has been negative due to the Share Buy back reducing number of shares on issue.

Holding for now but unclear on were this one is heading.

The compnay earns a lot of its profit in foreign currencies and the $A is still going up. Also, I have noticed over the years that the price usually does nothing for most major companies when a buyback occurs. Don't know why, must be psychological.