Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSL - CSL Limited

Just watch out for a takeover or positioning.

Folk in merchant banks such as MQG are not the brightest stars in the sky.

"CSR" one says over a latte.
Muppets scratch heads and other round objects bankers carry.
"Hey , how about getting some fees from forners for a tilt at CSL."
And then they are off running

gg

Well that's as comprehensible as your latin.

Anyway, maybe the 'market' is sitting on it's collective hands waiting to see what happens with the class action against them in the States re alleged price fixing practices?

Just watch out for a takeover or positioning.

Folk in merchant banks such as MQG are not the brightest stars in the sky.

"CSR" one says over a latte.
Muppets scratch heads and other round objects bankers carry.
"Hey , how about getting some fees from forners for a tilt at CSL."
And then they are off running

gg

Hey Garp

Is your reference to "forners" a phonetic pun on a certain accent? :D:D:D:D;)
Or are you just having a laugh about the tools employed by MQG involved in takeover bids? LOL :D

Seems to be quite a few brokers placing buys on CSL

Investsmart have a broker consensus
7 buys
3 hold
0 Sells

Then today
Gary Glover, Novus Capital

BUY RECOMMENDATIONS

CSL Limited (CSL)

This blood products group has underperformed the sector and, recently, the general market. This has been primarily due to a rising Australian dollar as the core of CSL’s earnings is in US dollars. Expect to see continuing strong organic growth in the plasma proteins business, which should be positive for CSL’s share price. Any correction in the Australian dollar could lead to a positive re-rating for the stock.

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles_detail.php?id=9255

Seems to be starting to shape up for a run, stop loss under the support line

4339282474_a9708d6093_o.png

Attachments

• 4339282474_a9708d6093_o.png
    4339282474_a9708d6093_o.png
    2 KB · Views: 4
wanlad, you were right.

Unfortunately, the $A is rising again which will take the wind out of its sails.

THe results were excellent though, surprising on the upside, a real quality company.

I would say that the increase in share price lately is due to the half year report looking so good. Their fundamentals are great and that will drive the share price up.

Like you said, a quality company.

15th-April-2009 With a SP which is not going up, and a paltry 1.7% dividend, I don't know why anyone would buy this, frankly. I find it hard to see why you'd buy something which has not experienced any sign of an uptrend for a long time.

19th-May-2009I am with Julia on this one, I have been looking at CSL for some time wonder why the hell people are buying it, I see no real value at current prices ?

25th-May-2009 I got in at the open today 30.20...funny cos i didn't give myself much hope of getting my low ball buy order filled when i decided to have a go at CSL late last nite.

I could care less whether the take over goes ahead or not....under 30.50 was my buy zone, happy to hold till im in profit.

Don't know how u can look at this chart and say that :dunno:...unarguably buying CSL at under 30.50 has been great buying over the last 7 months.

27th-June-2009 Out at today's high 32.07 for a nice little profit :) not spectacular but achieved the minimum i set out to achieve, profit and 8% of original capital left in as a long term hold, as per trading plan .

Totally out today at 35.77 :) who the hell is buying this at over 35 dollars a share ive no idea :dunno:...to each there own i suppose.

As ive said many times in this thread, CSL is and has been a great ranging stock with clear buy and sell levels....have to say i am surprised it took so long to get to the very top of that channel.

For those interested my buy is in Green and sells in Red...love it when a plan comes together. :)
~

Attachments

• CSL1year.jpg
    CSL1year.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 126
I would have expected it to retrace earlier if the AUD/USD were a major factor. I think it will go up next week if the overall market heads up, just looking at the volume on that chart SC.

Scratchy balls at MQG must have a buy on it with his pet muppets.

gg

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aRo4AfKyyQPE
"Baxter, a maker of blood products and vaccines, projected earnings, excluding one-time items, of $3.92 to $4 a share, below the average $4.24 estimate of 16 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. Baxter said earnings for the year will be reduced by an increase in Medicaid rebates and a change in the taxes for retiree prescription drug benefits required under the health- care law enacted in March. The company also forecast lower use of plasma products than previously expected. "
Looks like it has rippled through all blood plasma stocks, I'm guessing in CSL's case a lot of stops were hit along the way?

gotta be more to it,fundamentally cheap at $37,decent forecasts etc,etc then to suddenly have its biggest ever one day drop on the highest daily volume ever recorded with absolutely no sign of it coming.
how often does that happen because your rival puts out a crappy report.
i hope these crook kiddies recover soon!!

fundamentally cheap at $37,decent forecasts etc,etc then to suddenly have its biggest ever one day drop on the highest daily volume ever recorded with absolutely no sign of it coming.

Fundamentally cheap at $37 you say...then what the hell was it at $31 just 9 weeks ago :eek: and with a crappy dividend yield of around 2% @ $37 how is that Share price sustainable.:dunno: i stand by my post of a few weeks ago.

who the hell is buying this at over 35 dollars a share ive no idea :dunno:...to each there own i suppose.

Fundamentally cheap at $37 you say...then what the hell was it at $31 just 9 weeks ago :eek: and with a crappy dividend yield of around 2% @ $37 how is that Share price sustainable.:dunno: i stand by my post of a few weeks ago.

It was fundamentally cheaper, obviously! :D

Couldn't resist with the 7-8% drop and took a position at $33.75. I think I heard on the radio this morning that CSL reiterated its guidance for FY10, notwithstanding Baxter's announcement.

It's obviously not good that a child in WA is in a coma, but there's still a long way to go before CSL should be pinned for the cause of the febrile convulsions suffered by the children. Hopefully, if CSL is at fault, it's no more than a bad batch of vaccines.

Traders obviously have a view on this share. Me, I am content that the dividend yield on one group of my share holdings is yielding around 60% and the dividends have paid off the purchase price. Haven't bought any in quite a while.

Pretty good result.
Profit up 22%
Dividend up 13%
Another share buy back.
No debt.
New drugs to hit market.

I'm happy.

Actually let me take back what I said.
Profit is up 22% in constant currency terms.
Actually the profit in A$ was flat. Not so hot.

A$ goes up, A$ goes down. Buy CSL when out of fashion and hold for stella long term growth.:2twocents

Yep, took the opportunity to add to my holding in CSL today on the sell-off after the report. Seems to me that most sellers looked at the profit guidance for the FY2011 and didn't take into account the new drugs coming into the market in the next few years.

Plus CSL announced a $900 million on-market share buyback, which seems to have gone unnoticed.

Have to say I stocked up as well. I dont think the report was as bad as the market reaction and I'm sure in the not too distant future we will think this was a cheap price.

malachii