Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSL - CSL Limited

CSL has won a multi-million dollar contract from the US Department of Health and Human Services to increase America’s stockpile of bird flu vaccines.

CSL stated that the contract is worth US$121.4 million (AU$178 million) and will expand the reserve for this vaccine to 40 million doses.

Under the multi-year contract, CSL will deliver its MF59 adjuvant, an ingredient that can be used to manufacture vaccines against the H5 avian influenza virus.

"This decision will further support the US government's pandemic preparedness efforts," CSL said.

The funding is part of a partnership with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA). As a part of HHS, BARDA helps companies develop medical supplies to address public health threats.

This is the fifth award CSL has received from BARDA in response to the bird flu outbreak. Under its previous contract, CSL delivered about 4.8 million doses of the vaccine.

CSL is one of the perennially overvalued growth stocks on the ASX. In Australia because genuine mid and large cap growth stocks are so few they tend to sell at astronomical p.e. ratios often more than double the p.e. ratios of comparable companies in the U.S.A. or other markets.

CSL has been on pause for 4 years now. Would have been very nice to have bought in the 2010s, but been treading water since 2020.

Is the growth story all over, or can it go into hypergrowth again?

Interesting long term flag on the chart.

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 12.07.46.png

WOW... Just looked back and I have had it for 3 years.

Lucky I bought low and sold (some) highish. Always wanted to totally sell it all but never got to my desired price.
..... Maybe this time.