Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSL - CSL Limited

Yeah I also saw that on the news. However CSL expect to release it after the flu season so doubt it will have any immediate effect on sp :banghead:

Yeah I also saw that on the news. However CSL expect to release it after the flu season so doubt it will have any immediate effect on sp :banghead:

bloomberg link said:
The drugmaker expects the first batch of its swine flu vaccine to be available in late July or early August, CSL said on its Web site.

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601124&sid=au.0.96Ap54Q&refer=home

After the flu season...since when has August (end of winter) not been flu season, anyway
the bigger markets in the northern hemisphere will be just starting there flu season.

Still lots to like about CSL

The market didn't like it yesterday when CSL announced it was going to contest the decision to oppose the proposed take over and the sp tanked immediately after the announcement, after it had started to rebound.

This will help sentiment.

http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20090529/pdf/00956856.pdf
CSL Receives USD180 million (approximately AUD230 million) Order from U.S. Government to Produce Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Vaccine

Gday everyone, I see reports saying that if the Talecris deal falls through overall it is still not a bad thing and possibly CSL will do a share buy back. Ok as I am an amateur re share market what does this mean. My thoughts have been

1. Offer existing shareholders opportunity to buy shares at lower price.
2. CSL decreases amount of shares registered increasing value of our existing shares.
3. Do existing shareholders get a cash payment dependant of quantity of shares.

I have no idea but appreciate some info.

Thanks

The company buys back its own shares, and then those shares are cancelled decreasing the amount of shares on issue. Effectively the opposite of the dilution effect that happens with new issues or DRP.

Been trading this one for quite a while. My 2c at this juncture...

A follow up.

Point 1 - a good enough candle reversal signal at this point
Point 2 - and it comes with a good volume
Point 3 - plus it rebounds right at the short term channel failure target

I think it's good enough to assume the selling is over at this point. Time to buy if you are brave (I did). The resistance at 30 will be a good test to find out if the rally really has legs.

News wise, CSL is going to fight its case for Talecris, which could take months(?), the growth strategy thru' Talecris is not dead at this point. Most share holders would probably prefer to hold on and adopt a wait and see attitude(?) In addition, the US and the Aussie orders of swine flu shots are both positive to the bottom line. These should help with the rebound. I hope. :)

Attachments

• csl-09may29.jpg
    csl-09may29.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 342
I think it's good enough to assume the selling is over at this point. Time to buy if you are brave (I did). The resistance at 30 will be a good test to find out if the rally really has legs.

Yeah that's what I call absorption buying. 13Mill on the volume. Almost 80c from its low.

I'm game to go long. Will use a stop loss this time. Don't want to be trapped on the downside if things go wrong.

I'm game to go long. Will use a stop loss this time. Don't want to be trapped on the downside if things go wrong.
From the other side of the fence I think it is just a tad early with two EW 3rd wave correctives converging around the $27 mark. The FTC driblings are not helping and it will take some time (Oct-Nov09) for their stupidity to be made lucid before the law; in the meantime marking time allows the market a breath to choose their lead.
:sheep:
My opinion; your call. Life is your decisions in action.

Gday everyone, I see reports saying that if the Talecris deal falls through overall it is still not a bad thing and possibly CSL will do a share buy back. Ok as I am an amateur re share market what does this mean. My thoughts have been

1. Offer existing shareholders opportunity to buy shares at lower price.
2. CSL decreases amount of shares registered increasing value of our existing shares.
3. Do existing shareholders get a cash payment dependant of quantity of shares.

I have no idea but appreciate some info.

Thanks

here is another way to look at it.
say you own a business called CSL with 10 partners
2 partners want out so the other 8 buy them out (shares buy back)
next year the 8 partners increase their stake in the business and you have a greater share of the profit

Thanks Roe and Cutz for the explanations, doesnt look bad either way I suppose if the deal with Talecris goes ahead or not as a shareholder. For long term shareholders the Talecris deal probably would be the better option I imagine sounds like there is a lot upside for the deal to go ahead, just have to wait and see now if CSL can convince the FTC .

Americans are very dirty business people, they want to go into other country and snapped up other people business, yet when anyone else comes to their country and snapped up their business they create all sort of issues and accusation for the company involve...look at ALL and COH as an example
great company only to get bull**** around in the US by their dirty tactics.

CSL look like to be the next target..... As an adopted Australian I feel discussed by the American treatment of Great Aussie company...Buy Aussies stock
support Aussie company :D and take the fight to them... they soon bankrupt as a country anyway so we may get them cheap :D

PS I dont own CSL, its a wonderful business but only when it trades at bargain price then I have a bit of this business.

From the other side of the fence I think it is just a tad early with two EW 3rd wave correctives converging around the $27 mark.

Yes I can see your point. Corrective wave 3 starting in March. You could be right. May get down to $24 or lower. I'll be out before then though.

Today was a weakish thrust on lower volume. People exiting before the close. The daily Candle is like a hanging uncertain Doji. Tomorrow is a new day. See what happens.

FTC, from memory seems to have a good record in blocking M&A and winning them. The chance of CSL winning this case I believe is quite slim, so it will be big negative on the stock since there's a break fee of 70 million. If they win, the stock price won't go beyond 35 since there's still plenty of work ahead. If they lose, well, it will be 70 + all the legal costs. :(

FTC, from memory seems to have a good record in blocking M&A and winning them. The chance of CSL winning this case I believe is quite slim, so it will be big negative on the stock since there's a break fee of 70 million. If they win, the stock price won't go beyond 35 since there's still plenty of work ahead. If they lose, well, it will be 70 + all the legal costs. :(
Personally I think the probability of a government instrumentality (FTC) getting it wrong has got to be a safe bet. Their "block" has to be tested in the court. Whilst the beaurocrats can hide behind rhetoric they still have to sell the funding of a vigorous court case to the Commissioners and then come up with strong arguments to beat the past precedents on which CSL are assured they can rely.

70m for CSL is not a big deal. 2 billion in the bank- interest at 5% = 50m
2 billion converted to USD last year above 90c, convert back to AUD now would be at least 150m profit.

some people estimate CSL will be 150m-200m better off after deduct all the costs.

i predict the sp will rise to 38 before the release of their annual report.

CSL will be 150m-200m better off after deduct all the costs.

i predict the sp will rise to 38 before the release of their annual report.

There is no point to prediction. Tossing a coin is easier. This game is about probability not prediction.

I'm lost on CSL's open buy-back announcement coincident to their throwing in the towel on the Talecris deal. If market price remains greater than $29, as it is, why would anyone sell their shares back to CSL any lower? To my mind all that it seems to accomplish is place a market stop loss on the price until the offer expires. Methinks it may be a ploy along with the other CSL spin released today to keep a floor under their share price until the dust settles.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/090608/2/26rwf.html

Anyone?