Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AFL Footy

What a dismal performance put on by the Dockers tonight against Sydney at Optus Stadium.
They should have their match payments stripped off them and handed over to charity.
My tipping so far 0-2, is not looking too flash for the rest of the round.

Tipping in Round 9 of the AFL this week is nothing short of disastrous
Currently sitting on 2 from 7 games, would at this stage be one of my worst efforts in a long time.
Hanging my hat on perhaps picking up the two remaining games tomorrow to give some sort of credibility to my tipping.

Creating elite footballers. This is great story on the upbringing of the Duursma family and the role of the mother in working the talent in her kids.

Dancing, driving and diaries: How this mum shaped a footy family

Three kids, three different AFL/W clubs. And there's a fourth set to be drafted later this year. The secret to the Duursma family's footy success? Their mum, Susie

FOOTY and netball during winter, little athletics during summer.

Dancing three nights a week at mum's dance studio – tap, jazz, ballet – during the school term, and basketball tournaments around the state.

Four kids growing up in Foster, a bit over two hours south-east of Melbourne.

Welcome to the Duursma family.

With the Adelaide v Brisbane draw today it gave me a grand total of 4 wins out of the 9 games played this week.
Well below par.

Put round AFL 9 tips in early this week.
Got a full-on work week so best to get them in early whilst the grey matter is still partially functioning.

Slight stuff up with the tipping. Should have been Round 10 mentioned
I think that the only sure fired losers this round will be North Melbourne and West Coast.

Though I picked the winner in tonight's Friday "Blockbuster" wasn't too impressed with the game.
Big winning/losing margins like this do very little for me, being an armchair critic.
1/2 so far.

It would appear that Richmond's nonevent performance today could now challenge North Melbourne as another dud in the VFL competition.
Surely it is about time these non-performing VFL clubs were got rid of and the number of teams would then be able to play each other twice a year, and the favoured clubs would have to travel a bit more often
Also, it would make it easier for interstate teams to get to play at the MCG a bit more.

Pretty average tipping for me this week. 6/9 and who would have guessed that Geelong would lose and the Budgies would win.

Big weekend for the AFL and some very significant trends

1) Essendon looks like the real deal.
2) Western Bulldogs may have turned the corner with that win over GWS. Kicked like rubbish. Bont well held. No Libba. Away from home. Still outplayed them.
3) West Coast is now a serious team particularly at home. They won't make the 8 but they don't represent gimmee points
4) Gold Coast Freo and Brisbane still serious players

Sydney is clearly top of the heap - for teh moment.
After next weekend shock loss to the Western Bulldogs :Dthere will be re-calibration all round.

I think this year will be exceptionally even.

Big weekend for the AFL and some very significant trends

1) Essendon looks like the real deal.
2) Western Bulldogs may have turned the corner with that win over GWS. Kicked like rubbish. Bont well held. No Libba. Away from home. Still outplayed them.
3) West Coast is now a serious team particularly at home. They won't make the 8 but they don't represent gimmee points
4) Gold Coast Freo and Brisbane still serious players

Sydney is clearly top of the heap - for teh moment.
After next weekend shock loss to the Western Bulldogs :Dthere will be re-calibration all round.

I think this year will be exceptionally even.
It's damn hard to pick the winners each week, as that would on paper those that should lose and then win and visa-versa

Pretty average tipping for me this week. 6/9 and who would have guessed that Geelong would lose and the Budgies would win.
I got 7 which helped me advance.a lot of 5s. Many picked St Kilda, I lost faith in them last week.

Good start to the round tonight with South Melbourne (oophs Sydney) having a good win
Sir R will be happy.
For me 1 up.

Big game tomorrow night here in Perth at Optus stadium. Freo against the AFL's love club.
I wonder how much Collingwood are paid to not play at the MCG?????
I guess we all have clubs we have a chronic dislike for and mine is Collingwood.